Optical Illusions

In  this  optical  illusion, if   you  follow  the  movement  of  the

rotating pink dot with your eyes, the dots will remain only one

color, pink.                                                                                         

rotatingdots.gif

However, if  you  stare at  the black + in the center, the  moving

dot  will  turn  green.                                                                             

Keep concentrating on the black + in the  center of the
picture.

After  a  short  period, all  the  pink  dots will  slowly  disappear  

and  you  will  only  see  a single green  dot  moving in a circle.

May the force be with you

Sandrewn

• Like 2

Even though the letters are jumbled in the following paragraph,

most people have no trouble reading it!

Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.

Thanks to Robert K Goral for submitting this interesting phenomenon!

Seeing is believing

Sandrewn

I wonder if that only applies to languages you're very fluent in. 

Also, Brain Games had an episode on illusions. I can't find the proper version but if you're interested.

• Like 1
  • Site Moderator

I think these have to do with colors too. Have you maybe colored contact lenses or some kind of parachromatism? I can't see the difference between some green and blue hues,but I passed the test required for driving.

I think you meant northie :-)

Oops, yes, I meant northie  :*)

In  this  optical  illusion, if   you  follow  the  movement  of  the

rotating pink dot with your eyes, the dots will remain only one

color, pink.                                                                                         

rotatingdots.gif

However, if  you  stare at  the black + in the center, the  moving

dot  will  turn  green.                                                                             

Keep concentrating on the black + in the  center of the picture.

After  a  short  period, all  the  pink  dots will  slowly  disappear  

and  you  will  only  see  a single green  dot  moving in a circle.[/center<]

Couldn't get the gif to load on my tablet. :(

• Site Administrator

Even though the letters are jumbled in the following paragraph,

most people have no trouble reading it!

Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.

Thanks to Robert K Goral for submitting this interesting phenomenon!

Seeing is believing

Sandrewn

Tihs is esay to dvorpsie by wtniirg a snemetattt taht oyebs the setatd relus but is not so esay to raed. One troehy for the pinemonehn is taht the biarn atcs lkie a hargolom. One of the initseretng ccitsiretcarahs of the flim uesd to pcudore a hargolom is taht it can be uesd to hhgilghit wevetahr it is the hargolom is of. For elpmaxe, vniweig a scnnteee tguorhh a hargolom of the ltteer H wlil hhgilighit all the H's in a scnnteee, eevn if dnereffit ftnos are uesd. The cesolr to the oanigirl fnot, the mroe it is hedthgilhgid, but it slitl dttcees lttrees taht are fettamrod qtiue dltnereffiy to the oanigirl. The troehy is taht the biarn wkros slralimiy, so the cesolr the wrod is to the oanigirl, the eeisar it is to sopt. The elpmaxe uesd wdros taht wree not too dalimmisir to the olanigirs, so the biarn cluod slitl ifitnedy tehm.

And the non-scrambled version...

This is easy to disprove by writing a statement that obeys the stated rules but is not so easy to read. One theory for the phenomenon is that the brain acts like a hologram. One of the interesting characteristics of the film used to produce a hologram is that it can be used to highlight whatever it is the hologram is of. For example, viewing a sentence through a hologram of the letter H will highlight all the H's in a sentence, even if different fonts are used. The closer to the original font, the more it is highlighted, but it still detects letters that are formatted quite differently to the original. The theory is that the brain works similarly, so the closer the word is to the original, the easier it is to spot. The example used words that were not too dissimilar to the originals, so the brain could still identify them.

• Like 3

I wonder if that only applies to languages you're very fluent in. 

Also, Brain Games had an episode on illusions. I can't find the proper version but if you're interested.

I'm interested and have started the search.

OMG! That dragon is so cool! :D

I agree!

Couldn't get the gif to load on my tablet. :(

Hopefully this will work for you.

http://www.eyetricks.com/rotatingdots.htm

Tihs is esay to dvorpsie by wtniirg a snemetattt taht oyebs the setatd relus but is not so esay to raed. One troehy for the pinemonehn is taht the biarn atcs lkie a hargolom. One of the initseretng ccitsiretcarahs of the flim uesd to pcudore a hargolom is taht it can be uesd to hhgilghit wevetahr it is the hargolom is of. For elpmaxe, vniweig a scnnteee tguorhh a hargolom of the ltteer H wlil hhgilighit all the H's in a scnnteee, eevn if dnereffit ftnos are uesd. The cesolr to the oanigirl fnot, the mroe it is hedthgilhgid, but it slitl dttcees lttrees taht are fettamrod qtiue dltnereffiy to the oanigirl. The troehy is taht the biarn wkros slralimiy, so the cesolr the wrod is to the oanigirl, the eeisar it is to sopt. The elpmaxe uesd wdros taht wree not too dalimmisir to the olanigirs, so the biarn cluod slitl ifitnedy tehm.

And the non-scrambled version...

This is easy to disprove by writing a statement that obeys the stated rules but is not so easy to read. One theory for the phenomenon is that the brain acts like a hologram. One of the interesting characteristics of the film used to produce a hologram is that it can be used to highlight whatever it is the hologram is of. For example, viewing a sentence through a hologram of the letter H will highlight all the H's in a sentence, even if different fonts are used. The closer to the original font, the more it is highlighted, but it still detects letters that are formatted quite differently to the original. The theory is that the brain works similarly, so the closer the word is to the original, the easier it is to spot. The example used words that were not too dissimilar to the originals, so the brain could still identify them.

SCORE

Graeme                Robert K Gorel

1                          0                  

Sandrewn

• Like 1
  • Site Moderator

I can only see one word barely see the second word.

However, if I use the scroll on my mouse to bounce the screen, I can see two words and barely see the third.

I can only see one word barely see the second word.

However, if I use the scroll on my mouse to bounce the screen, I can see two words and barely see the third.

It depends on your screen resolution (amonst other things), I think. On my laptop I can see what I said on my original entry, on my phone I can see all three quite clearly, on my tablet I can barely see two words ...  -_-

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Quite interesting and beautiful.

I totally agree. Most people have all kinds of fantasies rolling around in their heads and most should never see the light of the day(chills run down my spine). Now this artist can picture what his imagination creates and with the deft strokes of his brushes on canvas, develop them into a picture for all to see and enjoy.

Well done, Rob Gonsalves

sandrewn

(Salvador Dali would have approved)

• Like 2

The thought that was put into creating these photos, is awe inspiring! Or, talk about lucky and being in just the right place at the just right time. Maybe a combination of both?

15+ Reflections That Will Mess

With Your Head

amazing-reflections-optical-illusions-92

http://www.boredpanda.com/amazing-reflections-optical-illusions/

sandrewn

(regardless of the how, well done)

Edited by sandrewn
  • Like 2

Question: When is a photograph not a photograph?

Answer: When it is in fact a painting.                           

These special artists could challenge the work

of not a few professional photographers

hyperrealistic-art-photorealistic-painti

http://www.boredpanda.com/hyperrealistic-art-photorealistic-paintings-look-like-photos/

I would make the time to go to the gallery to see these works, if they were on display.

sandrewn