[dkstories] Doing It Right 6

• Site Administrator

That was a really emotionally touching chapter Dan. Great work.

Now, if I could only stop crying...

Davey's father has really become an awesome man. The more the stories goes on, the more he makes me think of my grandfather : a powerful conservative man with strong principles but also very respectfull of ANY human being and compassionate.

That made me think about the evolution of Dan's characters throughout the whole serie. I mean, the happier they are, the better they become. Except maybe for Davey (his third timeline was a bitch) they don't react too well under bad circumstances.

That doesn't make the story any less good but it slightly implies that being unhappy explain/excuse bad behaviours and that only happy people have the strenght to be good.

Ok, it's a bit far-fetched but David sr is such a totally different man from the one in the first timeline that it tend to really favour the acquired over the innate, no ?

Great chapter... Very emotionally moving... Though like i said in a previous post, Dan knocked our socks off with somthing none of us saw coming...

Great chapter... and I hope every thing works out for Jeremy :/ at least as well as one could expect.... evil Dan... leave you to put somthing realistic into a story to keep it like real life... which is never perfect....

:) great chapter

Okay, so I was WAAAAAY off! But I am really happy that I was way off!

Thank you Dan for another awesome chapter. I honestly had to stop reading a few times cause of the tears that were welling in my eyes. What an emotionally charged chapter!

I really wonder how this is gonna all play out? I mean, we've never had a Jeremy in a timeline... Of course, Trevor doesn't have a boyfriend yet... And does anyone else seem to thing this situation is reminiscent of Ryan White?

Thanks again Dan!

>>>Ikaika

Great chapter Dan! I love the introduction of the new character Jeremy--it's going to allow you to explore all sorts of new territory, and allow our stable of heroes (both Davey and his friends, and the adults as well) to shine anew! And it's nice to see Mary Lou Hacker make a return appearance; if she's involved, there's a good chance for everything to work out in a hopeful way. Tears of heartwarming joy!

--Rigel

A very moving chapter! I liked it, in it's entirety.

A few HUGE shoes have dropped: Several people have noticed the difference in Sean. I'm also betting that Brandon will be devastated when he finds out (that "his" Sean is gone), and maybe angry at Davey. Will he and Sean even be believed (about time-travel)?

Jeremy: That's a tear-jerker. That's going to be a truly heart-wrenching tear jerker in future chapters, too.

What did you do, Dan? Buy stock in kleenex, and decide to increase their sales? :P

I was really moved by this chapter, and was also delighted to see my predictions be wrong: Brian isn't mad at Davey for the Disneyland thing, and no main character died.

Back to Jeremy... What a heart-wrenching situation. I'm also wondering how Jeremy will react to finding out Davey is gay. Does he "blame" gays for his disease, because it's a "gay" disease?

Storm clouds on the horizon. As usual, I cannot wait for the next chapter ...though, of course, I have to!

Still "messed up" over Chapter 5.

Great job, Dan.

I think Ch. 7 will be VERY interesting... and I sure agree about the storm clouds!

It's likely to be Chapter 7 where Davey tells his friends about what he is.

I think this will be very interesting. The first time he did it, he hadn't changed the timeline, AND hadn't known Brian, Trevor, or Brandon well for long, so he could spout off personal info about his friends as "proof". In Timeline three he had the official backing of the government for his claims, so was even more believable.

But this time? He's got Sean to back him up, but what else? I can't wait to see how this is handled.

Anyone care to speculate?

I'm going to guess that eventually Jeremy's AIDS will present a conflict with the Modesto School Board. It was all the fights with the school board in Timeline 2 that galvanized the Breckenridge, Rush, and Walker families. This time around, the Joneses are also positioned to be in the fight with the other families. And since the case will involve an "innocent" victim of AIDS (think 1980s conservative straight mentality here), it could also be a tool for bringing the Rule family into the coalition, and in the process, liberalizing them.

Of course, I'm just guessing here, and hoping that I'm not changing anything with my observations here (viz. Heisenberg). I'd hate to influence Dan to alter his wonderful tale, and look forward to going wherever he intends to take us.

--Rigel

I'm going to guess that eventually Jeremy's AIDS will present a conflict with the Modesto School Board. It was all the fights with the school board in Timeline 2 that galvanized the Breckridge, Rush, and Walker families. This time around, the Joneses are also positioned to be in the fight with the other families. And since the case will involve an "innocent" victim of AIDS (think 1980s conservative straight mentality here), it could also be a tool for bringing the Rule family into the coalition, and in the process, liberalizing them.

Of course, I'm just guessing here, and hoping that I'm not changing anything with my observations here (viz. Heisenberg). I'd hate to influence Dan to alter his wonderful tale, and look forward to going wherever he intends to take us.

--Rigel

You raise some darn good points...

I especially loved your Heisenberg reference. There's just something about Heisenberg that leaves me uncertain...

Hmmmm... I just thought of the perfect pet for Davey! A cat.. Formerly owned by a Mr. Schrodinger...

:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P