Less than a week to submit 2024 Anthology Entries ×

My issues with the new website

Terry P
Go to solution Solved by Gene Splicer PHD,

I know it's a new website and there will be some bugs - I get that.  And in the end we'll be really happy with the new one.  My issues at the moment are:

1.  Notifications:  I guess there is a new way to get them, so I'll learn that.  However, instead of writing the chapter name, could you not put the name of the story instead (the chapter # is more helpful than the title of the chapter).

2.  When I save the latest chapter in my bookmarks can we have the name of the story, chapter and author?  When I save my bookmarks I put them in alphabetical order.  The way that they are saved now  is not at all helpful.

3.  We use to get notifications on only the stories we were reading.  Now we get them for every story and every comment that is made.  That's a lot of bother as far as I'm concerned.

4.  I am now obligated to sign in to the website everytime I go to it, That should not happen.

I appreciate all the hard work you've put into this and hope my comments (or rather suggestions) will be helpful.

• Like 3

• Site Administrator

Check out the Bug Report thread in the Help and Announcement forum and that should address some of your concerns. :) 

• Like 1

• Site Administrator

As Valkyrie has indicated, we're trying to keep issues to a single thread, rather than having lots of threads with comments/questions/concerns. Please check out the Bugs Report thread that's pinned in the Help and Announcements forum (or simply click on the link provided in this post :D )

Edited by Graeme
  • Like 1

• Solution
1 hour ago, Terry P said:

I know it's a new website and there will be some bugs - I get that.  And in the end we'll be really happy with the new one.  My issues at the moment are:

1.  Notifications:  I guess there is a new way to get them, so I'll learn that.  However, instead of writing the chapter name, could you not put the name of the story instead (the chapter # is more helpful than the title of the chapter). Wait a few days. This is probably due to the way the system is currently indexing and converting content. We can't do much about this issue until that process is complete, and it's still cooking away. 

2.  When I save the latest chapter in my bookmarks can we have the name of the story, chapter and author?  When I save my bookmarks I put them in alphabetical order.  The way that they are saved now  is not at all helpful. Good feedback - we will revisit this in a few days too.

3.  We use to get notifications on only the stories we were reading.  Now we get them for every story and every comment that is made.  That's a lot of bother as far as I'm concerned. Are you getting a notification through the notification system for everything, or seeing it in one of the boxes on the forum main page?

4.  I am now obligated to sign in to the website everytime I go to it, That should not happen. This has been corrected - log out of the site and back in, and it shouldn't recur. Let me know if it does so we can see what's up.

I appreciate all the hard work you've put into this and hope my comments (or rather suggestions) will be helpful. Keep them coming! Every bit helps and is appreciated.

• Like 1

• Site Moderator
1 hour ago, Gene Splicer PHD said:

3.  We use to get notifications on only the stories we were reading.  Now we get them for every story and every comment that is made.  That's a lot of bother as far as I'm concerned. Are you getting a notification through the notification system for everything, or seeing it in one of the boxes on the forum main page?

I am having the same issue with Notifications - through the Notification system. It's like knowing everybody's business when you really don't need/want to know. 

Edited by Reader1810
  • Like 2

• Site Administrator
2 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

I am having the same issue with Notifications - through the Notification system. It's like knowing everybody's business when you really don't need/want to know. 

So change your settings:
https://www.gayauthors.org/forums/notifications/options/

• Like 2

• Site Moderator
11 minutes ago, Myr said:

I have after much consternation about which option(s) to keep/discard. I think, I'm good now. 

Oh, and feel free to roll your eyes regarding my bout of consternation as I do realize this is probably easy stuff. :)

• Like 1

• Site Administrator
1 minute ago, Reader1810 said:

I have after much consternation about which option(s) to keep/discard. I think, I'm good now. 

Oh, and feel free to roll your eyes regarding my bout of consternation as I do realize this is probably easy stuff. :)

I have resorted to snorting now. :wizard:

• Like 5

45 minutes ago, Northern Dutch Guy said:

There used to be an option where you could have the whole story for reading or download instead of in chapters.

Loved that option to read stories again like during holidays.

I cant find that option any longer or do I overlook that possibility ?

Your question has already been ansewered: it's not available for now, but will come back in the future, only a lot of other stuff needs sorting first. ☺

• Like 1

• Site Administrator

As Graeme said, we're trying to keep the questions and bug notifications to a single topic, and Gene addressed the OP's comments, so I am going to lock this topic. Thank you.

• Site Moderator
On 3/19/2017 at 6:06 AM, Northern Dutch Guy said:

There used to be an option where you could have the whole story for reading or download instead of in chapters.

Loved that option to read stories again like during holidays.

I cant find that option any longer or do I overlook that possibility ?

Thanks for asking this question, because even as William said it has already been asked, I didn't see it the first time around, (and will be returning at some point) and I never knew that this could be done. Would have save me a lot of time...

• Like 1