Forum Thread for The Life of a Capsuleer: An EVE Online Story

48 minutes ago, R J Drew said:

Quafe is real? :o

Yes, yes it is... and it's good.

7009529773_556c05144b.jpgquafe.jpg

Every year CCP, the creators of EvE Online hold FanFest near their company headquarters in Reykjavik, Iceland. Where they sell Quafe and other game exclusive items. Never been, but I will go party with those Vikings one day!

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, R J Drew said:

Oh my goodness! That is freaking awesome! Tell me...what does it taste like? 

Lemon-Lime flavor. Sorta like Sprite, or 7-Up. A friend of mine who got me to play EvE brought some home from FanFest in 2014.

EDIT:

From Wikipedia:

Quafe

Quafe is both the name of a popular drink in the EVE Online universe[36] and the name of the in-game corporation which produces it.[37] On 22 October 2004, CCP made a marketing first when they launched the virtual drink for sale in the real world.[38] CCP sold the drink from their website for $1.50 USD for a single bottle, or $15.10 for a multi-pack, but sales of this drink have since ceased. The real-world Quafe soft drink had a lemon-lime taste. While the sale of this drink has ceased the drink does still exist, it appears in many YouTube videos, and is available for sale at CCP's annual EVE Online Fanfest and can be found under its original brand name, Egils Orka, all over Iceland.[39]

Edited by BHopper2
  • Like 1

Some EVE Online Background:

Ship Crew

On all ships in New Eden, there are non-clone crew members. Depending on the size of the ship is how many there are. For Example, Any Cruiser without any fittings has a normal crew of 10-50 people. Add in features such as Guns and Boosters, and that number goes up. On a Gallente Ship, most of it is Automated, so the lower end of the spectrum is typical. So, Marcus' Thorax, would have a normal human crew of about 15-25 people because of Automation. Where if he flew a Caldari Raven, if would be closer to 75-100, as they don't have the automated services the Gallente rely on.

In the early years of Game Play, you had to pay your crew, and you knew exactly how many were on your ship. CCP, the creators did away with it, and now it's only a number that those who write EVE Fiction, and the Role-Players (real role-players, not the PvPers that suicide gank for "adding content to YOUR game") use in Lore and story creation. You cant even find that number in game, anymore, and have to use math and a chart that was published years ago.

With the Story today, I realized I messed up something on the other chapter... that is that "o7" is a lowercase "o", not an uppercase "O".

o7 = A Person doing a Salute. Used In Game to salute people for good work, as a sign-off, or when a player dies in Real Life, their corp mates and friends will leave it as a tribute as well. CCP has a series of YouTube Videos using it as a title as well.

Fly Safe = A warning, that whenever you undock from a station, you can be attacked anywhere. Does not matter if you're a NewBro or not.

HTFU = Harden The Fuck Up... no crying because you were killed. It's EVE, it's dangerous, you are going to die.

• Like 1
On 09/09/2017 at 8:06 PM, BHopper2 said:

HTFU = Harden The Fuck Up... no crying because you were killed. It's EVE, it's dangerous, you are going to die.

The best advice for anyone entering EVE, but damn, it still takes a bit of getting used to.

• Love 1

I don't know who clicked the referral link that's posted at the bottom of each chapter. But to the person that did, Thank You!

I hope that person finds they like EVE, and Flay Safe! o7

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Sam Wyer said:

Ahh - another one stumbles innocently into the lair.  Run, whoever you are, while there's still hope, before Nullsec! :)

As they say... "Fly it, like you stole it."

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, BHopper2 said:

I've always liked this EVE video... Muhahahaha

Yes, it definitely captures the right tone.  Although it's a bit optimistic, or perhaps 'nice', *if* I'd ever found myself in such a position I *imagine* I'd be far more likely to publically humiliate them before destroying them.  And for the best possible reason.  Because I can. :) 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Every year, CCP the creators of EVE Online holds FanFest in Iceland near their company HQ.

Four years ago, they started EVE Vegas where they met in Los Vegas for new stuff, and some card playing. It's already sold out for 2017, in October. But @BlindAmbition maybe able to snag a bottle of Quafe at their open areas around the event!

http://vegas.eveonline.com/

• Like 1
  • Love 1