The GMT chat zone

Just now, Sam Wyer said:

I’m happy about the casserole.  I’m not sure how I feel about slow cookers.

I loved mine when I worked long hours. Put the food in before work and come home to dinner ready after a long day. :) 

• Like 3
Just now, Caz Pedroso said:

I loved mine when I worked long hours. Put the food in before work and come home to dinner ready after a long day. :) 

I’ve  never felt able to trust them.

• Like 1
Just now, Sam Wyer said:

I was wary the first time I used mine, I mean leaving a hot electrical appliance on while I was out of the house??? But, I read the safety instructions and my mum has been using hers since I was a child with nothing going wrong, so I decided to bite the bullet. 

• Like 3
1 minute ago, Caz Pedroso said:

I was wary the first time I used mine, I mean leaving a hot electrical appliance on while I was out of the house??? But, I read the safety instructions and my mum has been using hers since I was a child with nothing going wrong, so I decided to bite the bullet. 

I think it’s also because I’ve known a few people who ha e been quite evangelical about them.  I was once lectured on the virtues of making porridge overnight in one.  Seriously?  It takes 10 minutes max. 

• Like 1
Just now, Sam Wyer said:

I think it’s also because I’ve known a few people who ha e been quite evangelical about them.  I was once lectured on the virtues of making porridge overnight in one.  Seriously?  It takes 10 minutes max. 

lol, porridge I stick in the microwave while i'm trying to convince my daughter she really does need to eat breakfast before school or she'll be hungry before morning break. 

• Like 2
10 minutes ago, Caz Pedroso said:

<psst> it still works. put it in in the morning and your day is free, until is out :)

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, mogwhy said:

<psst> it still works. put it in in the morning and your day is free, until is out :)

Yep, i did that yesterday and spent the day doing edits. ;) The smell was a bit distracting by early afternoon though :P 

• Like 2
11 minutes ago, Sam Wyer said:

8 minutes ago, Caz Pedroso said:

i inherited one from the 1970's. i had to finally get rid of it in 2015. not because it didn't work, but i broke the plastic lid and there was no replacement available.

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, Caz Pedroso said:

lol, porridge I stick in the microwave while i'm trying to convince my daughter she really does need to eat breakfast before school or she'll be hungry before morning break. 

did you see the no-cook recipes for oatmeal?

• Like 1
Just now, mogwhy said:

did you see the no-cook recipes for oatmeal?

Yeah, i keep meaning to try them, but i just haven't got around to it yet. I'm getting together on trying new things. Usually from the Healthy Living Club :) 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, mogwhy said:

i have an idea to post there, just haven't had the time. too many story updates to read--i'm not complaining about that! Snowflake was updatd today!

I have several ideas but things keep getting in the way. Hopefully, I will have time very soon to catch up in the clubs. 

• Like 2
25 minutes ago, mogwhy said:

i inherited one from the 1970's. i had to finally get rid of it in 2015. not because it didn't work, but i broke the plastic lid and there was no replacement available.

I still have the first one I bought in the early 80's. When the lid broke I tried one from one of my pyrex baking dishes, fir perfectly.  Have gotten a newer one with a larger crock that is removable. Easier cleaning and can do larger batches now that we have 4 peeps in the house so we still get left overs for lunches.

• Like 1

Good :yawn: morning :yawn: everyone :) 

Was up till three this morning reporting copyright violations. Cyrnus found one of my stories copied on two other sites and i found one other. It annoys me that anyone does this to authors :pissed: 

Hope everyone who's up has a great Sunday, and those still sleep, hope you wake up refreshed :hug: 

• Sad 2
  • Angry 2
2 minutes ago, Caz Pedroso said:

Was up till three this morning reporting copyright violations. Cyrnus found one of my stories copied on two other sites and i found one other. It annoys me that anyone does this to authors :pissed: 

Hope everyone who's up has a great Sunday, and those still sleep, hope you wake up refreshed :hug: 

Well that’s shitty :( I hope you manage to get them taken down.

Having (unusually) not gone out for beers last night, today is a great day.  And of course, we get to re-arrange the dry goods food cupboard! Yay!

• Like 3
23 minutes ago, Sam Wyer said:

Well that’s shitty :( I hope you manage to get them taken down.

Having (unusually) not gone out for beers last night, today is a great day.  And of course, we get to re-arrange the dry goods food cupboard! Yay!

Haha, i have cupboard rearranging on my list for next week. Have fun :) 

• Like 1
16 hours ago, mogwhy said:

Tim, i need that drooling emoji again

Oops, sorry, moggy, didn't see this yesterday. Here you go: 20.gif 20.gif

28 minutes ago, Caz Pedroso said:

Good morning, Caz. I just came back from the baker with freshly baked bread and some REAL Danish pastry

• Like 1
35 minutes ago, Caz Pedroso said:

:o  :angry:  :fight:  that's too bad, I hope you get them taken down. Gary also found a copy of Morningstar, but it had already been removed.

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, Timothy M. said:

Oops, sorry, moggy, didn't see this yesterday. Here you go: 20.gif 20.gif

Good morning, Caz. I just came back from the baker with freshly baked bread and some REAL Danish pastry

Sounds delicious :) 

3 minutes ago, Timothy M. said:

:o  :angry:  :fight:  that's too bad, I hope you get them taken down. Gary also found a copy of Morningstar, but it had already been removed.

I've sent reports to the sites, i even had to register on one of them to be able to report it :rolleyes: but most customer services aren't open till Monday, so I'll have to wait and see. I'm going check the rest of my stories, on and off site when I get home from Church. 

• Like 3