The GMT chat zone

2 hours ago, SteveTrevor said:

@Sam Wyer @Caz Pedroso @mogwhy Thanks so much for leaving a comment on Chapter 1.

1 minute ago, Timothy M. said:

I recommend replying to any comment you get, as it will encourage others to leave comments too.

And try not to do what I've done and get really behind, always answer as soon as you can.

I'm sure people are leaving comments quicker than i can catch up with them :) Which of course is great, i love to hear from readers, but it makes keeping up difficult 

• Like 5
3 hours ago, Kitt said:

Pretty good so far.  Started a bit rough when a therapy client slapped her mom, but once we got her on the horse things smoothed out.

Ooooh, do you do equine facilitated/assisted therapy???

• Like 3
3 hours ago, mogwhy said:

hi kitt, sam. how are you doing?

Hi - I’m all good,  it then, I’ve been for a few beers so that often (looks like it) helps

• Like 3
3 hours ago, SteveTrevor said:

@Sam Wyer @Caz Pedroso @mogwhy Thanks so much for leaving a comment on Chapter 1.

Any time - although honestly, as much as I know it’s a good thing to do I find it hard to pause and leave considered comments when there’s another chapter to read, so I’m not always this ‘good’

• Like 3
1 minute ago, mogwhy said:

beer goggles? 

No,  nothing that extreme.  I’m happy to gaze upon The Boy with or without the beers :)

Edited by Sam Wyer
  • Like 3
18 minutes ago, Caz Pedroso said:

And try not to do what I've done and get really behind, always answer as soon as you can.

I'm sure people are leaving comments quicker than i can catch up with them :) Which of course is great, i love to hear from readers, but it makes keeping up difficult 

And if you haven’t already found it, the Activity Steam sub-menu gives you a link to latest comments on your story (because actual alerts are still being worked on) and this saves you a lot of time when you get into multiple chapters.

• Like 4
1 hour ago, SteveTrevor said:

It's funny, the past couple of years I've been working on a space opera novel without too much notice given. I post one short first chapter of my first M/M story and I get likes, follows and words of encouragement. 

My main story, Aeris - Guardian Force is a space opera. I wanted it to be a M/M romance, set to the backdrop of an interstellar war, with the Main Character finding his "True Love/Soulmate" in the trenches of the war. It was going to be heavily focused on the Characters, first and foremost, and all the juicy space battles and stuff secondary. I've also written 2 M/M love dramas, and a series of shorts from prompts about AJ & Tommy.

Guess which ones I've gotten more comments, reactions, and PMs the fastest on?

The Love stories, Dramas, and Shorts.

Aeris has more reacts, and comments, strictly based on length, and time I've dedicated to it. All the others, I got a lot more reader interaction from in hours/days of posting the story, than I did with any of the chapters from Aeris.

So, don't be discouraged about the Space Opera story, you've done. It's just the nature of the beast. Also, where is it posted? Would love to take a gander at it.

• Like 3
  • Love 1