The GMT chat zone

Just now, Sam Wyer said:

Yeah, I just read it :) 

I was a little surprised as it wasn’t tagged as superhero (is that even a tag?) or anything, but still, I’m going to be seeing where it goes.

I looked for a superhero tag but didn't see one.

Edited by SteveTrevor
  • Like 2
2 minutes ago, SteveTrevor said:

I looked for a superhero tag but didn't see one.

That would do it then :)  Seems like an odd omission.

Did you say this is your first ever story?  And is it all finished, or are you posting as you write?  Sorry - many questions!

• Like 3
Just now, SteveTrevor said:

First story on this site at least. And I'm posting as I write. The idea came to me suddenly and I had to get some of it down as quickly as I could, lol.

Yes, I know that feeling!

I hope you enjoy it here.  I’ve not been here long but (for the most part) it’s a pretty chilled and pleasant experience.  I previously posted on another site but the feedback you get here is much better.

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Sam Wyer said:

So how is it?  I'm unexpectedly finished work early :) 

Don't walk, RUN  to the exit before someone comes up with something that absolutely positively has to be done 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
5 minutes ago, Kitt said:

Pretty good so far.  Started a bit rough when a therapy client slapped her mom, but once we got her on the horse things smoothed out.

:hug:that must be hard. i've seen a few tv pieces on tv about therapy horses, but all they ever show is the horses and clent going around in circles. is there more?

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, mogwhy said:

it was a good read. its not a genre i read, but you got my hooked with this one. just like @BHopper2 did with sci-fi

*pokes head in seeing hearing his name*

Hello everyone...

Yes, Moggie there was one of the compelling factors for me to finish the story.

Well, everyone have a good day, and I'm off to finish polishing this next phase of this story.

• Like 4
2 minutes ago, BHopper2 said:

*pokes head in seeing hearing his name*

Hello everyone...

Yes, Moggie there was one of the compelling factors for me to finish the story.

Well, everyone have a good day, and I'm off to finish polishing this next phase of this story.

hi A. you are always welcomed here. can't wait for the posting of your stories

• Like 3
1 minute ago, SteveTrevor said:

Is there anything you liked in particular or anything you hope to see going forward?

nope. i'm just a reader on this roller coaster. what i come up never matches where the writer takes me.

• Like 1
39 minutes ago, mogwhy said:

:hug:that must be hard. i've seen a few tv pieces on tv about therapy horses, but all they ever show is the horses and clent going around in circles. is there more?

With our program, yes there is quite a bit more. Before starting therapeutic riding, every client is seen by a study team consisting of a doc, a physical therapist, an occupational therapist and a certified therapeutic riding instructor and an IEP is developed.  Then there are various physical and mental exercises to achieve the goals set in the IEP.  We do things like weaving around cones and Rin tossing, playing catch, matching colors, stretching and balance work, and memory stuff by stringing tasks together. Takes a special horse not to freak out as balls and foam rings, or when an autistic child becomes agitated.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, Kitt said:

With our program, yes there is quite a bit more. Before starting therapeutic riding, every client is seen by a study team consisting of a doc, a physical therapist, an occupational therapist and a certified therapeutic riding instructor and an IEP is developed.  Then there are various physical and mental exercises to achieve the goals set in the IEP.  We do things like weaving around cones and Rin tossing, playing catch, matching colors, stretching and balance work, and memory stuff by stringing tasks together. Takes a special horse not to freak out as balls and foam rings, or when an autistic child becomes agitated.

i thought there would be a bit of training with the clients, but wow. do you have to train the horses?

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, mogwhy said:

i thought there would be a bit of training with the clients, but wow. do you have to train the horses?

We start with horses with the right temperaments then work with them for several weeks teaching them to tolerate the apparatus and things like verbal and physical outbursts.

• Like 3