New Members Welcome-Introduce Yourself!

robbie1042

Bleargh, I have missed so many people. Welcome everyone. I hope you have a great, fabulous, awesome time with all the loons crazy people... freaks (Oops that's just me) members :)

Hi there.

I'm Tyler, but you can call my SynthSky, or Synth, if you'd like to.

I enjoy writing, and art in general. I plan to go into film, and I'm currently working on my second short screenplay. It's called "Waiting", at the moment. When I'm finished with this, I'd like to work on a short gay romance. That's how I stumbled upon this website.

I'm also gay.

You'll learn more about me in my posts here, I suppose. I look forward to seeing you all around. :)

Edited by SynthSky

Hi there.

I enjoy writing, and art in general. I plan to go into film, and I'm currently working on my second short screenplay. It's called "Waiting", at the moment. When I'm finished with this, I'd like to work on a short gay romance. That's how I stumbled upon this website.

I'm also gay.

You'll learn more about me in my posts here, I suppose. I look forward to seeing you all around. :)

Hi there Tyler, ^_^

Welcome to GA!

Hope you have a blast here! :D

We're pretty friendly folks! 0:)

and well... if you need any help, Just shout! :D

Cheers!

hi!

im new here..and i like the stories...have read a few already and i love them..wish i could read more...and hopefully i can write also..

i just hope someone can help me in the chat section...every time i check it out i always get this

An Error Occurred

Sorry, an error occurred. If you are unsure on how to use a feature, or don't know why you got this error message, try looking through the help files for more information.

[#CSTART-0] There was an error connecting with the chat room. Please notify an administrator...

wish someone can help me here..

thanks

hi!

im new here..and i like the stories...have read a few already and i love them..wish i could read more...and hopefully i can write also..

i just hope someone can help me in the chat section...every time i check it out i always get this

An Error Occurred

Sorry, an error occurred. If you are unsure on how to use a feature, or don't know why you got this error message, try looking through the help files for more information.

[#CSTART-0] There was an error connecting with the chat room. Please notify an administrator...

thanks

Hey there,

ALways good to have more readers, and authors on the site. :D

as for the chatroom error, just try again sometime, that error shows up for all of us from time to time.

or just make a few posts in the forums, and after you've made 5 (not counting the games and humour forums), you'll have all the features of this site available to you. :)

:hug: hope you have good time here on GA! :D

;) cheers!

Hi there.

I'm also gay.

Let me add my greetings and salutations to the Frosty - who we all adore by the way :worship:

Welcome and enjoy.

hi!

An Error Occurred

thanks

What Frosty said - oh and welcome and happy reading to you as well :)

• Like 1

Hello guys. I'm Jake.

I am obviously new here, and have been rummaging the web-world of a decent place to post my story, (well more like a novel) and found this website which I think caters to quality writing.

I have never considered myself a writer, and never thought the day that I would write something prolific or a story that would interest anyone. But then again, the fact is...a story is a story; it all depends if someone is willing to listen, or in my case read my story.

I am not well versed on the technical aspects of being a literary writer, for I have been dreading that someone would tell me that my subject and verb agreement do not comply with the standard norms.

Since I was young, I have never ventured into writing but I found that words came easilly to me and the meanings flowed naturally. I am not implying that I would even compare to a good writer, what I do infer is that I do hope that my future stories pertain to some people that would hold relevance.

For there are some stories, as simple as the fable of The Rabbit & The Hare, that impart so much value to ones learning that I wish to dearly give the same effect to my future readers.

I am hoping to post the first few chapters of my story.

Thanks. :D

Hi there.

I'm also gay.

I'm always late to the party. Welcome to the site. I hope you enjoy it here and I look forward to reading some of your work. A short gay romance sounds good. There are a few her who write screenplays. I think there are one or two posted. Jonathan Colourfield writes good plays

Anyway... Welcome :)

hi!

An Error Occurred

thanks

Hopefully once you've made the five posts you will be able to get chatting and making lots of friends. Most of us are a friendly bunch although some of us bite.:devil:

Hello guys. I'm Jake.

I am obviously new here, and have been rummaging the web-world of a decent place to post my story, (well more like a novel) and found this website which I think caters to quality writing.

I have never considered myself a writer, and never thought the day that I would write something prolific or a story that would interest anyone. But then again, the fact is...a story is a story; it all depends if someone is willing to listen, or in my case read my story.

I am not well versed on the technical aspects of being a literary writer, for I have been dreading that someone would tell me that my subject and verb agreement do not comply with the standard norms.

Since I was young, I have never ventured into writing but I found that words came easilly to me and the meanings flowed naturally. I am not implying that I would even compare to a good writer, what I do infer is that I do hope that my future stories pertain to some people that would hold relevance.

For there are some stories, as simple as the fable of The Rabbit & The Hare, that impart so much value to ones learning that I wish to dearly give the same effect to my future readers.

I am hoping to post the first few chapters of my story.

Thanks. :D

I think everyone has a slightly skewed view of their own work. At the end of the day what is a story for? It's for enjoyment... the writer in writing it and the reader in reading it. If you have a good story, well written and interesting then who the hell is going to care about subjects and verbs. I would never tell you that you don't comply to the standard norms. One because I wouldn't have the first idea what the norms are (If it sounds right it probably is and if it sounds wrong it probably isn't is the way i view the rules of grammar) and secondly becaue i don't like complying with any norms and like it when other people don't either.

If you're nervous get an editor or beta reader to go through it. All of the editors and betas here know their stuff and not only that but they know what the readers here like and don't like and will be able to give you some pointers.

Reading is a very subjective action. You like what you like and it doesn't matter if it's technically perfect or not. A good story can have a profound effect on readers but if you strive for that it can end up being dry and preachy. So aim for enjoyment and anything else is a bonus.

Hey Everyone :)

I'm brand new to GA - as of yesterday - and so far have really loved the stories/poems/etc that I've gotten through; there are so many talented people in this commnunity!

And you're all so friendly too Posted Image

I like to read, a lot, and enjoy writing fiction and poetry myself occasionally... Although that stuff always tends to come out quite personal, so for now at least I figure I won't be putting it up here.

Looking forward to reading more of these brilliant stories! :)

love, Lovestruckk.

I'm brand new to GA - as of yesterday - and so far have really loved the stories/poems/etc that I've gotten through; there are so many talented people in this commnunity!

love, Lovestruckk.

I'm not very good at welcoming folks but when I remember I try so

Welcome!! :boy:

And hope you enjoy your time.

Andy

• Site Administrator

Hi New Folks!!

Nephy shouldn't feel bad, I never remember to check this topic, bad me! Wayyyy late, since most of you lovely new members I've met in chat recently.

To those I've seen in chat already, hi and welcome to the site again!! To those I haven't, hello, Lovestruckk, JC. :D I hope everyone enjoys the site and finds what they are looking for here. If anyone has questions about how the site works or anything else, you can contact me via pm or a comment on my profile, or even find me in chat.

• Site Administrator

Welcome SparklinCyanide! Actually, you probably just didn't go all the way to the end of the topic's posts. This topic does quite a bit of action though. I hope you enjoy the site and please feel free to ask questions if you have any. We always look forward to work by new people!

I am supposed to buy my name from STORE, I read somewhere. How do I do that. Don't see no options.

Welcome SparklinCyanide! Actually, you probably just didn't go all the way to the end of the topic's posts. This topic does quite a bit of action though. I hope you enjoy the site and please feel free to ask questions if you have any. We always look forward to work by new people!

Thank you for the warm welcome. I really appreciate

• Site Administrator

I'm going to send you a pm with the information you are looking for. Just click on the little number in the upper right hand corner by your name when it shows up. That will take you to your private messages. You can also click on your name and use the drop down menu to reach various places.

I'm going to send you a pm with the information you are looking for. Just click on the little number in the upper right hand corner by your name when it shows up. That will take you to your private messages. You can also click on your name and use the drop down menu to reach various places.

Thank you very much

*peeks in*

Erm. Hi everyone. :) Hope you're all well.

I guess you can call me Leaf or TL or whatever you prefer. I've been following this site for a while, usually just reading and debating on whether I should try submitting a story of my own or not.

Well, I've finally decided to give it a try and join the GA community. Frankly, everything kind of seems intimidating right now but I suppose that's always the way it is when you make a new beginning with something. :)

Ah... Don't know what else to say right now. Just wanted to say hi I suppose :) *shies away*

• Site Administrator

Ahh, we are a diverse crowd! You'll find a niche to call your own, never fear, TL. If you want to submit a story make sure you read through the Site Help topics, they will let you know the procedure to follow in order to get author status and submitting a story. Welcome to GA!

I like to read, a lot, and enjoy writing fiction and poetry myself occasionally... Although that stuff always tends to come out quite personal, so for now at least I figure I won't be putting it up here.

Looking forward to reading more of these brilliant stories! :)

love, Lovestruckk.

Wow! GA has made a great impression already! :D

so... i should probably just stay away? :huh:

:P lol jk

welcome to GA, it's always great to have new authors :D

Just found out about the site. Really excited. Hope to read a lot of creative writing and post a few of my own along the way. Cheers. <br>

Welcome to the madhouse we lovingly call GA! ^_^

Hope you have a blast! and looking forward to your writing! :D

*peeks in*

Erm. Hi everyone. :) Hope you're all well.

I guess you can call me Leaf or TL or whatever you prefer. I've been following this site for a while, usually just reading and debating on whether I should try submitting a story of my own or not.

Well, I've finally decided to give it a try and join the GA community. Frankly, everything kind of seems intimidating right now but I suppose that's always the way it is when you make a new beginning with something. :)

Ah... Don't know what else to say right now. Just wanted to say hi I suppose :) *shies away*

:hug: hi there TL. :)

It's so so great to have a lurker become a member! ^_^ believe me you'll not regret it! (i speak from experience. lol)

Hope you have a wonderful time here! :D

So so so great to see new writers come on board! ^_^

:2thumbs:

Hi, I'm Wafiy. You can call me Wafiy, or Waf, or Waffles (lol, no.) I'm a new member but I'm not new to this site. I've been reading a lot of the stories posted here, it has made me laugh, cry, and pissed off that my life isn't like the ones in those stories. I read gay romance to fill the emptiness in my own love life. It's just so complicated, i mean I know I like guys but I just can't seem to connect with anyone. but anyway, reading to me is just like being in a relationship, until the book is over and I feel like I've been dumped, and I go looking for a new one. lol so yeah, hi.