New Members Welcome-Introduce Yourself!

robbie1042

Hi there everyone,

Hello Elisabeth, welcome and enjoy. If you need help just ask. Someone might even answer Posted Image

Hello, hello.

Hello, hello back at you Dee. Hopefully you won't be shy about posting your work.

As for answers and advice, there is a lot of that to be had, just ask away. Also the Writer's Corner forum has a place where you can ask questions, get advice, beta readers, editors or general help with your work.

Welcome and enjoy.

Andy

Hello Elisabeth, welcome and enjoy. If you need help just ask. Someone might even answer Posted Image

Hello, hello back at you Dee. Hopefully you won't be shy about posting your work.

As for answers and advice, there is a lot of that to be had, just ask away. Also the Writer's Corner forum has a place where you can ask questions, get advice, beta readers, editors or general help with your work.

Welcome and enjoy.

Andy

I'll have to look into it and find the courage to post, but there's no rush. :3 Thank you, though. I appreciate the tip.

Edited by Dee

• Site Administrator

That sounds lovely Dee! Welcome to GA! I hope you enjoy the site and GA Stories. The system is custom built to help readers find exactly what they like to read and authors to get their work to their fans. Feel free to drop me a line if you ever have any questions!

That sounds lovely Dee! Welcome to GA! I hope you enjoy the site and GA Stories. The system is custom built to help readers find exactly what they like to read and authors to get their work to their fans. Feel free to drop me a line if you ever have any questions!

Thank you, Cia. I will definitely do that.

Aww, thank you everyone :) Such a nice welcome.

I'm not online all day, so my replies in threads may sometimes be a little late and as long as I am still stumbling around with all the setting and profile things I confess I also feel a bit ackward (right now I feel like I could shout for help all day, but no I am determined to try and work through the instructions myself first) , but eventually they will come.

I was glad to read you guys love comments. I don't know whether I will actually write any reviews directly going with a story as such because I find it a difficult thing to do for single chapters, but I surely will use the author forums and story threads to share my thoughts on a story as a whole.

Aww, thank you everyone Posted Image Such a nice welcome.

I'm not online all day, so my replies in threads may sometimes be a little late and as long as I am still stumbling around with all the setting and profile things I confess I also feel a bit ackward (right now I feel like I could shout for help all day, but no I am determined to try and work through the instructions myself first) , but eventually they will come.

I was glad to read you guys love comments. I don't know whether I will actually write any reviews directly going with a story as such because I find it a difficult thing to do for single chapters, but I surely will use the author forums and story threads to share my thoughts on a story as a whole.

That's splendid.

Hello. As has been pointed out to me, i'm new to being registered here. I've had a couple stories posted over at Nifty and am debating Transferring them here, as well as launching my new story. It's still in concept/preview, but i've been working hard on it and am confident in it. Maybe someone will be kind enough to help keep me motivated and writing.

Adam

• Site Administrator

Hi Adam. The site is great for motivation from readers and developing a beta/editing team if you don't already have one. Welcome to GA and good luck with your story.

Hello everyone. I've been lurking around here for a few days before finally deciding to join. I managed to stumble upon this great place on my quest to find a writing community where everyone wouldn't constantly ask me why I write about gay characters all the time. I think my quest is complete. Posted Image

Hello everyone. I've been lurking around here for a few days before finally deciding to join. I managed to stumble upon this great place on my quest to find a writing community where everyone wouldn't constantly ask me why I write about gay characters all the time. I think my quest is complete. Posted Image

Well I get asked that question by my husband so don't think you won't get the 'why do you write about gay characters all the time' question here as well :P

Welcome and enjoy yourself.

Andy

Well, in that case, I hope that here I won't get the "that's dumb" response that I get when I answer the question elsewhere!

Thanks for the welcome. Posted Image

Okay, that is something you should not and better not get here. :P

FYI, just in case you didn't know, you need 5 qualifying posts in the forums to post your story, so you got three more to go.

If you have any questions, just ask, most everyone - with the exception of Cia :whistle: - is very friendly.

Just kidding about Cia not being friendly - she's actually quite wonderful, but I figure I owe here a few digs : P

Hey to all you new people!!!

As you are finding out already there's a lot of super cool people that are very helpful. Don't be shy in asking anyone for help. If they don't know the answer, they'll know which direction to point you. I joined back in August and it feel like home here now. I had several people offer to help me and it really made a difference. One of the first one to offer was Andy, aka Quonus10. Enjoy your time here and I look forward to reading your stories and/or poems.

Billy

• Like 1

Well, in that case, I hope that here I won't get the "that's dumb" response that I get when I answer the question elsewhere!

Thanks for the welcome. Posted Image

i doubt that you'll receive that kind of response here. =) Edited by Mac Marcos

I'm not new, but I sure as heck haven't posted in here in I think over a year... so I'm going to say hi again! HI! Don't be mean to me! I play nice! I also have the author tag and I know I don't have any stories up (anymore) but I promise to get back into the swing of things!

I'm not new, but I sure as heck haven't posted in here in I think over a year... so I'm going to say hi again! HI! Don't be mean to me! I play nice! I also have the author tag and I know I don't have any stories up (anymore) but I promise to get back into the swing of things!

hi back to you! :)

First of all hi to everyone who joined after me or have recently come back from a posting hiatus :)

@Nastasha: I'd have to agree with Quonus10. I haven't yet posted anything here because I like to take it slow and not many people see anything I've written before I'm at least 80% satisfied with it, but I also get that question and not also but mainly from people that are also gay, lesbian or bisexual (so far no transgendered person has asked me ;)). Like this: "You know, we know you can do it, so why do you always write about lesbians and gays these days?" I guess it's bound to happen. (Though I don't ALWAYS write about glbt people. There is indeed a difference between mostly and always. At least there should be.)

@Nastasha: I'd have to agree with Quonus10. I haven't yet posted anything here because I like to take it slow and not many people see anything I've written before I'm at least 80% satisfied with it, but I also get that question and not also but mainly from people that are also gay, lesbian or bisexual (so far no transgendered person has asked me Posted Image). Like this: "You know, we know you can do it, so why do you always write about lesbians and gays these days?" I guess it's bound to happen. (Though I don't ALWAYS write about glbt people. There is indeed a difference between mostly and always. At least there should be.)

I guess I'm just used to getting the question asked out of annoyance, not curiosity. Like my mother, for example, read my latest book and said, "I know you're a really good writer, so why do you keep writing about gay people?! Can't you write something normal?" Which really confused me, actually, because the main character in that book is straight, he just has two dads and a few gay friends.

@Nastasha: That "normal"-thing is what I get from my family, too. You're not the only one. And indeed it's annoying. Well, personally I had a lot of straight characters, too, but I even if these days I'd go for a straight protagonist, all that it would make my family do would ask me when I'd finally decide to turn straight, marry, have kids and live a normal life. Usually I just tell them that if I wanted to I could indeedd get married, have children and live a life like most other people in relationships - with my Significant Other, who will not change her gender just to please then ;)

Hey everyone! I'm new here, just joined a few minutes ago. I met Cia and she talked so highly of this site I had to check it out! I've been writing at another site for nearly two years now under the same scene name. I have one published m/m book out and just sent the next one off. I write m/m and they usually end up either nonhuman and/or have a scifi twist, lol. I'm really excited to be here and learn the site! Once I met the five posts I'm going to submit some of my stories here. I can't wait!

And Cia... thanks. :)

~M

Hey everyone! I'm new here, just joined a few minutes ago. I met Cia and she talked so highly of this site I had to check it out! I've been writing at another site for nearly two years now under the same scene name. I have one published m/m book out and just sent the next one off. I write m/m and they usually end up either nonhuman and/or have a scifi twist, lol. I'm really excited to be here and learn the site! Once I met the five posts I'm going to submit some of my stories here. I can't wait!

And Cia... thanks. :)

~M

Hey. Welcome to GA. Cia is right. This place is great and you will lots of fun writing, reading and meeting some awesome ppl. If you need anything, just ask:). Enjoy:).

• Site Administrator

Hi Natasha, Welcome to GA! This is a very accepting place so I would hope you don't experience any stigma. I sometimes get asked by some of the guys why we are here as women but it's always been honest curiousity on their part. So again, welcome!

Hi Nomoretears00! I'm glad you were able to register and get started on the site. I'm always happy to see new authors join, especially ones that I enjoy reading so much. :D