Newsletter

Go to solution Solved by Cia,

• Site Administrator

I updated my settings when prompted a couple of weeks ago so I would continue to receive the newsletter.  I received it last week, but not today.  I saw a link to the newsletter posted on Facebook, so I'm assuming it was sent.  Is this a glitch or am I jumping the gun and it hasn't been sent yet?  

• Like 2
32 minutes ago, Valkyrie said:

I updated my settings when prompted a couple of weeks ago so I would continue to receive the newsletter.  I received it last week, but not today.  I saw a link to the newsletter posted on Facebook, so I'm assuming it was sent.  Is this a glitch or am I jumping the gun and it hasn't been sent yet?  

Mine came through about an hour and a half ago....

• Like 2
  • Site Administrator

@Valkyrie I can confirm the newsletter went out to your email via Mailchimp but it shows no activity on your part for this week's newsletter, so you haven't opened or clicked it yet. Did you check your spam folder to see if it was filtered out this week? 

• Like 1
  • Site Administrator
  • Solution

Well, I didn't change anything in the way the newsletter was sent this week to the way it was sent last week in terms of our new subscriber list based on GDPR. And mailchimp shows that it was sent, but that you haven't opened or clicked it, of course. But you're not on the list of bounced emails either, so it went to your email. 

@Valkyrie @Headstall

If you're using Outlook to handle Hotmail, live, etc..., are you aware it has a 'gray mail' filter that categorizes mail that isn't exactly junk but isn't traditional email from senders on your contact list either? It's actually geared toward site/newsletter sign ups. But some people don't have the newsletter category visible in their inbox area, so they can't find the emails. You need to do a few things to check this. 

Step 1. Open Outlook (I use the online browser version, you can also use the app/desktop download)

Step 2. Go to the settings (cog wheel in upper right on online version)

Step 3. Click on the Options link. 

Step 4. Click on the 'Categories' link in the Layout area in the left sidebar. 

Step 5. Check if you're filtering newsletters without having the "Show in folder pane" box checked. If it's unchecked, then check that box. That should show the newsletter category in your folder area by the inbox, junk, etc... and anything that is automatically filtered as a newsletter will appear in that area. Or you can uncheck the filter box and have Outlook stop filtering emails it believes are newsletters. 

I've added a screenshot to show the areas I mean. 

Newsletter problem.jpg

• Like 3
  • Site Administrator

Upside, a link is always posted to our Facebook and Twitter feeds at the same time the newsletter is sent out via email, so you can follow us there and not miss out on this week's. 

• Like 2
  • Site Administrator

Thank you @Cia  I had checked my Junk Folder before posting and it wasn't there.  The newsletter option you outlined above was already checked.  I guess I'll chalk it up to a cyberspace glitch.  I did see the FB post, which is what made me realize I didn't have it in my email.  I appreciate you checking and giving me the info.  Fingers crossed it comes through next week. 

• Like 2
  • Site Administrator

If the newsletter doesn't appear in your inbox next week, please update this post and we'll look into it more. It definitely is something we want to make sure doesn't become an ongoing problem. 

• Like 3
  • Site Administrator
1 minute ago, Cia said:

If the newsletter doesn't appear in your inbox next week, please update this post and we'll look into it more. It definitely is something we want to make sure doesn't become an ongoing problem. 

Will do.  Thanks! 

• Like 2
  • Site Administrator
2 minutes ago, Puppilull said:

Happy to report I received the newsletter today. So perhaps a one time bug? At least for me.

I received mine too, so hopefully it was just a temporary glitch.  

• Like 3

I didn't get mine.  I checked my junk mail folder and deleted folder too.   I went to last weeks and attempted to re-subscribe but got an error message saying I was already subscribed....hmmm.  And yes I went into Outlook and checked the box for newsletters to show up and it still hasn't...

Edited by Daddydavek
  • Like 2
  • Site Administrator

@Daddydavek You wouldn't have received the last 3 newsletters because you haven't updated your account to accept the new marketing permissions. You can't just go sign up again, you needed to use the GDPR specific notice emailed directly to you in May to update your subscriber settings. Or, if you just tried to use the regular link to sign up again and did the captcha and got the 'error, you're already subscribed' message, and read the whole thing, you would've seen that it should also have a link to your existing user settings that you could update. That then adds your email address to the updated segment of newsletter subscribers who have given us express permission to continue sending them post GDPR. Without you updating that information, your email isn't added to the segment of users who get the newsletter now. 

• Like 2
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Site Administrator
20 minutes ago, Valkyrie said:

@Cia  I didn't get the newsletter today.  I saw it on Facebook, but never received the email. 

Weird. I just went out and looked, and for some reason it did just go out to one segment of our mailing list instead of all 3. I just went out and resent it. It goes out in waves, but everyone should have it soon. Thanks for the heads up! 

• Like 3