[dkstories] DIR Chapter 14

Wow Dan! I really liked this chapter. I can't help but wonder how much better many things would be here in the US if those few changes could have been made politically in 1992-1994. I am glad to see I am not the only person that remembered Sam Nun and his antics. I can remember watching those senate hearings. This was a great chapter. I like the flow of it and it is full of nice changes and moves things along quickly. I can't wait to see how you will end this all.

ORN

Richard

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A nice story and a wonderfull way for an stranger abroad to learn about the History of USA !

As Davey says : " I desperately wanted September 11, 2001 to be just another day on the calendar and I

Have I missed something or... ?

Wasn't Davey suppsed to have forgotten of the future that has been :blink: to his father? As I remember it was only for Brian, Sean, Brandon and Trevor to know that Davey never forgot what had happened in the other timelines?

Enlighten me please...

Otherwise - it's getting hotter, better be prepared :2hands: :ranger:

From Chapter 4

This just may be my favorite chapter of the entire series!

I saw the announcement on Friday, but the DNS changeover made all of the story pages inaccessible to me. So, I knew it was there, but wasn't able to get in and read it until early (3am!) Monday morning!

The way they kept skipping ahead in time really moved the story at a lightning pace. It saddened me to lose so much of the detail of the intervening time, but it certainly made a lot happen in this chapter, WOW!

I nearly had a fit of hysterics, though, when it turned out that Davey had Bill Clinton, of all people, enforcing UMJ 125 (against oral sex) as part of the maneuvering! ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK, one part, though, really made me scratch my head...

Ratatosk, you probably need to read chapter 4 of DIR, from the beginning. The answer lies in the first part of the chapter, but I'd suggest starting right from the beginning of chapter four.

BTW, maybe your Goat ate your copy, and that's why you missed it? I keep telling you, having a Goat as an Avatar is crazy! :P

Naah... Me thinks that the Dan of my timeline wrote someting else :boy:

Naah... Me thinks that the Dan of my timeline wrote someting else :boy:

Ahhh! So, what we have here is a Time-traveling Goat? :D

Hmmmm... Didn't I once suggest that for the sequel to DOR? :wacko:

Caveat: although I edit for DK, the idea presented here is my own and should not be construed as my having prior knowledge of upcoming events. Parental discretion is advised. No animals were harmed in the creating of this post. blah, blah, blah - you get the idea

Hm... if we're to tie Dawn of Tears into this timeline I'm predicting a Bob Dole victory over Clinton in '96. Maybe the right wing that organized itself into the machine it became after Bush the second was elected gets its act together a few years earlier... Dole wins the election... hell tumbles forth (not really his fault, but hey, Dawn of Tears wouldnt be Dawn of Tears without an apocalypse thrown in the middle of it).

Caveat: although I edit for DK, the idea presented here is my own and should not be construed as my having prior knowledge of upcoming events. Parental discretion is advised. No animals were harmed in the creating of this post. blah, blah, blah - you get the idea

Yeah... I was thrilled when I saw the chapter from Brian's perspective, thought it would have made a great twist for this third part of the series...

but then again...

maybe this part is only the conclusion of Davey's story...

then we get three books from Brian's perspective

... and three from Seans...

Gentlemen, I believe I see a trio of trilogies in our future.

Yeah... I was thrilled when I saw the chapter from Brian's perspective, thought it would have made a great twist for this third part of the series...

but then again...

maybe this part is only the conclusion of Davey's story...

then we get three books from Brian's perspective

... and three from Seans...

Gentlemen, I believe I see a trio of trilogies in our future.

I like how you think!!!

But what about the other characters? Brandon and Trevor need at least a book each, don't they? Hmmmm.. More Trilogies!

BTW, what is the literary term for multiple trilogies? Anyone know?

A Xanthlogy? (27)

I like how you think!!!

But what about the other characters? Brandon and Trevor need at least a book each, don't they? Hmmmm.. More Trilogies!

BTW, what is the literary term for multiple trilogies? Anyone know?

A Xanthlogy? (27)

Thanks, I love it!

Hmmmm, has this ever been done before in Gay Fiction? DK could have another first! It might take a while, though... DO and DOR both had around 40 chapters (40 and 39 respectively, IIRC... So, after DIR, to complete a Xanthology, there would need to be 24 more books, and if they average 40 chapters, thats

960 more chapters... Hmmm, an even thousand might be better though...

As for chapter 14... I really liked it. The part about Davey's father changing parties was classic!

I'm very much wondering what will happen in 15, with Brian and Davey in the Middle East!

... I just had a great idea...

We all know how the law of unintended consequences works out for Davey, this... is how we can work Dawn of tears into this... so even if this story continues on indefinitely, I can still get my DOT fix, because in a couple more chapters Davey should be caught up to where Dylan was when he started... then the two stories can merge...

*does a happy dance for figuring out how Dan can write both stories at the same time*

... and I think its time Davey got around to adopting a kid... it needs to be soon, so that the kid can be the one who calls Dylan at his first TV interview

Edited by Demetz
... I just had a great idea...

We all know how the law of unintended consequences works out for Davey, this... is how we can work Dawn of tears into this... so even if this story continues on indefinitely, I can still get my DOT fix, because in a couple more chapters Davey should be caught up to where Dylan was when he started... then the two stories can merge...

*does a happy dance for figuring out how Dan can write both stories at the same time*

... and I think its time Davey got around to adopting a kid... it needs to be soon, so that the kid can be the one who calls Dylan at his first TV interview

Hmmm.. I like that idea! :2thumbs:

I am a DOT fan too.. I'm just glad that it wasn't paused on a cliffhanger! :P

I am a DOT fan too.. I'm just glad that it wasn't paused on a cliffhanger! :P

Its been so long since I read it that I can't remember where it stopped at but if DK holds true to his plan, then I'd better brush up soon because DIR only has a few chapters left and then its DOT time! :2thumbs:

Its been so long since I read it that I can't remember where it stopped at but if DK holds true to his plan, then I'd better brush up soon because DIR only has a few chapters left and then its DOT time! :2thumbs:

You forgot about the sequel to "Doing it Right"... I hear it's going to be called "Doing it Wrong", and Davey really fouls up (blows up the planet), but it's a nice set-up for following sequel, called "Learned that Lesson!" 0:)

Also, I'm very intrigued as to what this new project is that DK has mentioned. I do hope that at some point we get a title and a description! :read:

It's real sci-fi

Real Sci-fi? OK, I'm confused here (hardly unusual for me)... DOT, The DO series, and the Mists of Fate series are all real sci-fi, right?

How could this be "real" sci-fi? Hard Sci-fi?

I'll put my bets on the table right now... I'm thinking that it's the one you mentioned about the college campus that goes back in time.

Whatever it is, I'll bet it's great!

Hmm..... "real" sci fi... does that mean space ships and aliens?

You forgot about the sequel to "Doing it Right"... I hear it's going to be called "Doing it Wrong", and Davey really fouls up (blows up the planet), but it's a nice set-up for following sequel, called "Learned that Lesson!"

:funny: ROFL

It's real sci-fi
I'm not touching that one!

Hard Sci-fi?
Does this mean more descriptive sex scenes? :P

does that mean space ships and aliens?
So you are thinking that 'real sci-fi" is space travel versus Earth bound, huh... well that has as much basis in reality as going back in time does, I guess. And in the world that exists inside Dan's head, I'm sure that's a possibility too.

Space, the Final Frontier...these are the voyages of the Starship Enterprise as she continues her five year mission to explore new civilizations and yada yada yada.

Be warned...I'm in a freaking bad way right now...brain mushed by too much data and work flowing through it....nervous about upcoming election...and woops, file's done...got to ship it off now so another 7,456 people will receive a phone call from a politician this weekend...

Hard Sci-fi?

Does this mean more descriptive sex scenes? :P

ROFL!!

I suppose "Hard Sci-fi" does sometimes have a dual meaning if it's gay fiction! :lmao::lmao::lmao:

Hmm..... "real" sci fi... does that mean space ships and aliens?

Aliens? Hmmmm. If the characters are all six-legged insectoids, it might still be a great story, but the sex scenes might be very odd... :P

Space, the Final Frontier...these are the voyages of the Starship Enterprise as she continues her five year mission to explore new civilizations and yada yada yada.

Be warned...I'm in a freaking bad way right now...brain mushed by too much data and work flowing through it....nervous about upcoming election...and woops, file's done...got to ship it off now so another 7,456 people will receive a phone call from a politician this weekend...

Sorry to hear that you are in a bad way.. Best wishes for the upcoming election!

I'm very curious about something, though... I'm assuming those are pre-recorded phone messages? How do the recipients usually react, especially if they are on the do-not-call list? I know the do-not-call list doesn't cover political or charity calls, but a lot of the people on the list, I'd expect, would react very negatively to such a call. I know I've switched my own vote due to receiving such phone calls from a politician (changed my vote to vote for his opponent instead).

So, I'm just curious as to how the list is designed so that it does not have results opposite from those intended? I'm sure that no one wants to spend time and money rounding up votes for their opponents. From what I understand, the mass phone call strategy by his opponent was a key factor in the re-election of my local congressman, as a great many were outraged by being subject to it, and took out their anger in the voting booth. I'm not trying to argue anything here, I'm just curious how this is done without alienating the targets? (if it's confidential, or you prefer not to discuss it, please just ignore or delete this post).

Again, good luck on election day!

There are a lot of factors that go into that. Some I know, some I don't (yet). I'm still at work and have a few things to do so won't go into them now, maybe after the election. :)

Bottom line is a well-designed phone call will have a positive impact...cases like you're talking about where the call has the opposite effect are usually a result of bad scripting (writing), and not paying attention to what's going on in the race. A good hit-call is subtle enough and well...never mind...enough for now.