The Drop in Centre

1 hour ago, Mikiesboy said:

Yeah it's what i figured... Uban Dictionary says this:

Florida Man

The stupidest thing on earth. You dont want to mess with him, as he might attack you with a fried chicken or a catfish. His fuel is Bud Light and methamphetamine. They LOVE playing sports with gators and using fish as baseball bats. Nothing can stop a Florida Man except another Florida Man. Get on his bad side, and he will feed you to his cat Spleens. Nobody is a crazy, random, or stupid as a Florida Man. Only Russians or Australians can match up against them. So dont mess with Florida Man.
Dude: bro did you here about the Florida Man?
Other dude: yeah. Didnt he stab his wife with a squirrel?
by ThatOneGuyk October 18, 2019

Nailed it.

• Love 2
  • Haha 1
  • Site Moderator
8 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

I saw our grocery store is open on Monday.. that's wrong.

Mine (not Metro, thankfully) is closed Monday as it should be. I know some tourist designated places will be open, but since when is a grocery store - or a bank for that matter - a tourist place. smh

Edited by Reader1810
  • Like 4
16 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

Good for you, because it really is good, isn’t it? :D 

Sadly, my store is currently out of PC hot chocolate, so I’m rationing my current supply. 

i can mail you some ... i haven't tried it yet, but i will in the morning i think.

• Love 3
26 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

Mine (not Metro, thankfully) is closed Monday as it should be. I know some tourist designated places will be open, but since when is a grocery store - or a bank for that matter - a tourist place. smh

Chat department is open 7 days a week, 364 days a year. Only closed on Christmas Day.  But i bet that'll change.

• Like 2
  • Site Moderator
38 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

i can mail you some ... i haven't tried it yet, but i will in the morning i think.

Tomorrow might be your last chance for awhile as the temps are supposed to go up starting some time tomorrow, but not too early in the a.m. 

One of the reasons I like it is because it doesn’t have as much dust as most other brands. I used to store it in a countertop container, so I noticed the difference when my only choice for HC was Carnation for example. Quite the little dust cloud the pour left in its wake. Plus, I think it’s dark chocolate rather than milk chocolate. 

Edit: For some reason I thought Food Basics was owned by Loblaws. I checked to see if I could use my PC points card there, and found out I can’t, because FB’s is owned by Metro. 

Learn something new every day as the saying goes…

Edited by Reader1810
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Reader1810 said:

Tomorrow might be your last chance for awhile as the temps are supposed to go up starting some time tomorrow, but not too early in the a.m. 

i don't drink much coffee anymore and sometimes don't want tea, so hot chocolate in the morning would be nice sometimes... hot or cold outside.. doesnt matter.  i am looking forward to enjoying a snowstorm. Usually, i couldn't watch them because i had to work.. but now i can just sit and do that if i want to...

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

i don't drink much coffee anymore and sometimes don't want tea, so hot chocolate in the morning would be nice sometimes... hot or cold outside.. doesnt matter.  i am looking forward to enjoying a snowstorm. Usually, i couldn't watch them because i had to work.. but now i can just sit and do that if i want to...

You'll be building snowmen next, if you get enough snow.

The advantage of not working, you can enjoy yourself.

• Love 3
  • Site Moderator
9 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

I love sitting just sitting watching the snow fall - or rain for that matter - with a cuppa something hot. It’s very relaxing. :) 

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

I love sitting just sitting watching the snow fall - or rain for that matter - with a cuppa something hot. It’s very relaxing. :) 

i had a cup of hot chocolate, it was very nice.  i noticed they sell a candy cane version ... i resisted that..lol

• Love 3
  • Site Moderator
53 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

i had a cup of hot chocolate, it was very nice.  i noticed they sell a candy cane version ... i resisted that..lol

I tried that version once. Notice I say ‘once”? 

Best to stick with the original, imo. 

Edit: I can’t quite recall what it tasted like, but I can remember I thought it tasted weird and not really pepperminty as it should have.

Edited by Reader1810
  • Like 3

Wait for holiday time and drop a few Hershey's Candy Kane Kisses into the already made hot chocolate and stir. Voila!

Oh and don't forget the whipped cream because we don't do half measures when it comes to gilding the lily. 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
11 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

After this summer, I would welcome snow again. The heat was absolutely brutal. 

Happy to say that in three weeks at this time I will be in an airplane on final approach to Bradley Airport on our way for a visit home. I spent 45 minutes texting back and forth with my best friend last night. My husband kept giving me the stink eye every time I bust out laughing. Him and my friend's hubby dread when we're physically in the same room. It's obnoxious overload. We can't help it. It's a disorder that there's no medication or cure for. I can't wait. Lol

I also can't wait for the cooler weather. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Reader1810 said:

I tried that version once. Notice I say ‘once”? 

Best to stick with the original, imo. 

Edit: I can’t quite recall what it tasted like, but I can remember I thought it tasted weird and not really pepperminty as it should have.

okay, i'll avoid it... Peter once said to me.. just stir your hot chocolate with a candy cane.. I'll try that first.  lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, kbois said:

After this summer, I would welcome snow again. The heat was absolutely brutal. 

Happy to say that in three weeks at this time I will be in an airplane on final approach to Bradley Airport on our way for a visit home. I spent 45 minutes texting back and forth with my best friend last night. My husband kept giving me the stink eye every time I bust out laughing. Him and my friend's hubby dread when we're physically in the same room. It's obnoxious overload. We can't help it. It's a disorder that there's no medication or cure for. I can't wait. Lol

I also can't wait for the cooler weather. 

pardon my ignorance but where is home?

• Like 1
33 minutes ago, Starrynight22 said:

Happy staying at home time tim.  I hope you have all the relaxation and joy 

Thank you!  So, far.. they have been keeping me busy.. going for walks, and gardening.. but a least the flowers don't say smart-ass stuff, so I'll take it!  lol

i hope you are doing well! 

• Like 2

pardon my ignorance but where is home?

Western Mass. I miss it most this time of year. Three of my brothers are there (the one I actually like too) and my husband’s mom. She's almost 89 so he wants to see her as much ad he can. 

• Love 2
  • Site Moderator
3 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

okay, i'll avoid it... Peter once said to me.. just stir your hot chocolate with a candy cane.. I'll try that first.  lol

I was thinking just add peppermint syrup, but I think Peter has the right idea. A candycane stir stick, it is.  

• Love 2
1 hour ago, kbois said:

Western Mass. I miss it most this time of year. Three of my brothers are there (the one I actually like too) and my husband’s mom. She's almost 89 so he wants to see her as much ad he can. 

Michael always says, His favourite times of year are spring and autumn. Summer is just too hot and this weekend it going to be horrible here. We are hiding at home. i don't want to see the electricity bill.. : ( 

i'm glad you're going to be home, that's great.  i hope you have a good time.  :)

• Like 3
  • Love 1
25 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

I was thinking just add peppermint syrup, but I think Peter has the right idea. A candycane stir stick, it is.  

i guess you could do that, but i like the stir stick idea too. We'll give that a whirl, so to speak!

He told me that after he stopped drinking and making chocolate with peppermint schnapps.  Which sounds kinda good too. lol   i don't drink much anymore either, it affects my moods and interferes with meds.. it's not worth it.  Now and again i get a small glass of wine.  :) 

Edited by Mikiesboy
  • Love 1
  • Site Moderator
18 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

Michael always says, His favourite times of year are spring and autumn. Summer is just too hot and this weekend it going to be horrible here. We are hiding at home. i don't want to see the electricity bill.. : ( 

i'm glad you're going to be home, that's great.  i hope you have a good time.  :)

I’m going to agree with Mike on this one. Spring and autumn are defo the best seasons. Not to hot, not too cold and there’s no snow to shovel. Mind you, there are leaves to rake, but I enjoy doing that, so they’d not a problem. 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Reader1810 said:

I’m going to agree with Mike on this one. Spring and autumn are defo the best seasons. Not to hot, not too cold and there’s no snow to shovel. Mind you, there are leaves to rake, but I enjoy doing that, so they’d not a problem. 

oh raking leaves!  i've never done that before... something to look forward to!!  :D 

• Love 4
On 9/1/2023 at 12:23 PM, kbois said:

I know everyone has heard of "Florida Man". Well, it's inclusive. I saw this headline this morning:

Florida woman in hospital gown arrested after allegedly stealing ambulance. 

She was taken into custody and booked on charges of giving false information to police, driving with a suspended license, and resisting arrest without violence. 

Ummmm..... aren't they forgetting something? Like stealing the ambulance!  It did say more charges are pending, but how is that not the first charge? 🤣🤣🤣

@Mikiesboy enjoy your first full day of freedom from the work doldrums. I'm going to repeat my course of action from yesterday and not maim or kill anyone. I'll admit it was a tad difficult. At least the main culprit is behaving today. He knew I was pissed yesterday. 

Have a good weekend, especially if you're lucky enough to have 3 days off. 

( @MichaelS36 good call with the tiramisu!)

I know what keeps that boy happy! You cannot wrong with cake, especially that one. 

I hope you are doing all right. @kbois

• Love 4

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..