Less than a week to submit 2024 Anthology Entries ×

The Drop in Centre

Mikiesboy

5 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

image.png.0b0c1d471638bf115af1e54db03173db.png

Today's little motivational pic is very true. Since i stopped working in September (other than the stuff Dan has me doing daily - slave driver!) i noticed the days just go by. i just do things i enjoy or need to be done around the house. i wonder if we are supposed to feel badly about that?

i do struggle a little with, i guess you'd call it mild guilt that others are going out to a job daily. That's lessening now though. i have noticed that i sleep much better than i ever have. i don't find myself awake with thoughts of customers in my head anymore. That's such a relief.

Have a good day everyone.

Glad to here you are doing so much better tim x

• Love 1

• Site Moderator
6 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

i do struggle a little with, i guess you'd call it mild guilt that others are going out to a job daily. That's lessening now though. i have noticed that i sleep much better than i ever have. i don't find myself awake with thoughts of customers in my head anymore. That's such a relief.

I know the feeling of one’s brain not being able to shut down as it should. Having said that, I am very happy for you your time with that is done.

You’ve earned a restful and wonder filled retirement. Enjoy every minute of it my friend. It’s time for you to do what fulfills you. :) 

• Love 3

15 hours ago, kbois said:

(no appetite because I still feel crappy)

That's not good.  i have days when i can't eat for whatever reason so Michael keeps a carton of Ensure or some liquid nutrition around. If i don't eat, I'll drink one of those. Maybe you should do the same for those moments when you're feeling bad.

• Like 3
  • Love 2

28 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

That's not good.  i have days when i can't eat for whatever reason so Michael keeps a carton of Ensure or some liquid nutrition around. If i don't eat, I'll drink one of those. Maybe you should do the same for those moments when you're feeling bad.

The new diabetes med they have me on makes eating unattractive. I keep nutrition drinks in the fridge to supplement. I found the nutrition levels comparable, but getting it in is more important than having the best nutrition. I like the boost glucose control better than most. It does not help if you simply hate the taste!

Edited by Kitt
  • Like 2
  • Love 2

15 hours ago, kbois said:

Shots went OK. It's always uncomfortable getting them and I felt super light-headed because I hadn't eaten all day (no appetite because I still feel crappy). It takes a day or so for the steroids to really kick in but when they do, it lasts for several months.  Luckily my rabies shot is up to date. 😆

I'm glad you're doing well. I'm proud of you. 

Hope everyone has a good weekend!

@kbois hope you're feeling better soon.

• Like 1
  • Love 3

2 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

I'm not a fan of canned supplements. I usually have packets of Carnation Instant Breakfast around, but I don't keep any at work. As soon as we got home hubs made me drink some electrolyte water and that helped. Then I did have dinner and felt OK after. 

When I woke up today I felt a lot better and no pain in the knees or hip. Still not quite 100% but getting there. 

2 hours ago, Kitt said:

The new diabetes med they have me on makes eating unattractive. I keep nutrition drinks in the fridge to supplement. I found the nutrition levels comparable, but getting it in is more important than having the best nutrition. I like the boost glucose control better than most. It does not help if you simply hate the taste!

Yeah... I can't stand the chemical-ish taste canned supplements have. I'd rather make my own with the powder mix. 

2 hours ago, Howzat said:

@kbois hope you're feeling better soon.

Thanks! I'm getting there. 

Enjoy the rest of the weekend everyone!

• Love 3

3 hours ago, rickproehl said:

I see we are talking about ensure or supplement drinks I like the chocolate one but right now I to have drink protein drink. It took forever to find 1 I could stand - Fairlight is the one. So as long as you get your nutrition you will do ok.

well rehab has got me up and going so they think i might be home by thanksgiving 

can’t wait 4 weeks is long enough to be away from home. Won’t be 100% but 75% is good. this is not the best way to loose weight but 20 lbs is 20 lbs

so everyone take care

I'm glad you're doing better!

• Like 2
  • Love 1

• Site Moderator
3 hours ago, rickproehl said:

I see we are talking about ensure or supplement drinks I like the chocolate one but right now I to have drink protein drink. It took forever to find 1 I could stand - Fairlight is the one. So as long as you get your nutrition you will do ok.

well rehab has got me up and going so they think i might be home by thanksgiving 

can’t wait 4 weeks is long enough to be away from home. Won’t be 100% but 75% is good. this is not the best way to loose weight but 20 lbs is 20 lbs

so everyone take care

Glad you’re doing better, rick. Fingers crossed you will be home for Thanksgiving. :) 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Hey everyone.  Hope all is well. 

Kbois hope your appetite gets back to normal soon

tim, glad you're doing well on just a monthly visit. 

Rick, hope your discharge process is easy, and if you use home health that you have nice helpful folk 

• Like 3
  • Love 2

50 minutes ago, Kitt said:

normal activity on day 3 at home!

Yeah, it's so easy to do.  i've learned my lesson with that also. If the doc says to rest 10 days, then just do as you're told.

• Like 1
  • Love 3

2 hours ago, rickproehl said:

thanks for the well wishes but i have to stay another week. It’s ok. Therapy is getting easier so things are looking up.

oh well, then i hope they give you a nice Thanksgiving meal where you are ... it's best to just do as they recommend! Hang in there, my friend!!!

• Like 1
  • Love 3

• Site Moderator
1 hour ago, Kitt said:

Pies are baked, cobbler is done, rice kreme ( Norwegian recipe rice pudding) is done, neeps are peeled and  boiled into submission. Stuffing is made and ready to shove into the bird in the am. That's about all I can do in advance.

Everything sounds delicious, Kitt. 

• Love 3

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..