The Drop in Centre

Just now, Reader1810 said:

I’m going to try it that way, and I’ll post the results. 

Sounds good!

• Like 2
  • Site Moderator
1 hour ago, Mikiesboy said:

While we wait for @Reader1810 's follow up on her brownies ... here's sumthin' to think about...

Going to be waiting a bit longer for the adaptation, because I decided to go with cream cheese this first time around. The only change I’m making this time is semi-sweet chocolate chips (already have those in the cupboard) instead of bittersweet chocolate chips.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Reader1810 said:

Going to be waiting a bit longer for the adaptation, because I decided to go with cream cheese this first time around. The only change I’m making this time is semi-sweet chocolate chips (already have those in the cupboard) instead of bittersweet chocolate chips.

hehe, no worries..

i used semi sweet too

• Love 2

Hey All

Hope everyone is doing well. Back to work on Monday, after 2 weeks off (perk of working in a school).

Me and Hubby have gone completely mad I've decided. We have agreed to take on another cat. (A friend asked, if we could take his Mother's cat). Takes us back up to 11.

Take care all x

• Love 1
  • Wow 4
6 hours ago, chris191070 said:

Hey All

Hope everyone is doing well. Back to work on Monday, after 2 weeks off (perk of working in a school).

Me and Hubby have gone completely mad I've decided. We have agreed to take on another cat. (A friend asked, if we could take his Mother's cat). Takes us back up to 11.

Take care all x

Eleven cats. Eleven?! Wow. Michael is sadly allergic or else i'd get a cat, maybe two, but i'm not a collector!  LOL. Bless you for looking after them all.

image.png.854ae9b941ba58dd511df304d70b5479.png

• Love 5
On 1/4/2024 at 11:55 AM, mollyhousemouse said:

hi... hope all of you are doing well. life here is OK. 

wanted to let you know that even when i'm not here, y'all are never far from my thoughts.

So good to hear from you Molly.  Hope you're well.  I've thought of you whenever I pop the group. 

• Love 5
On 1/4/2024 at 11:51 AM, Mikiesboy said:

So.. we are going to start cooking some starches.. rice, pasta and potatoes the night before or a few nights before they are to be eaten as cooking and then chilling and reheating lowers the GI/increases the resistant starch in those foods. This type of starch helps to keep blood sugar low.. Here's a little something to read..  https://www.diabetes.org.uk/guide-to-diabetes/enjoy-food/carbohydrates-and-diabetes/carbs-and-cooking

Wow.  That's really intriguing.  Thanks for the knowledge 

• Love 3

It's 10:30pm and i remembered to steam the potatoes i need for dinner tomorrow!  .. it'll get easier maybe.

• Like 1
  • Love 4
  • Site Moderator
2 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

It's 10:30pm and i remembered to steam the potatoes i need for dinner tomorrow!  .. it'll get easier maybe.

Knowing how conscientious you are with regard to the food Mike can/should eat, this new way of cooking will be second nature in no time. I am quite sure of that! 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, kbois said:

It's not a great way to start the new year, but the job search starts tomorrow. Something will work out and I'm crossing my fingers it will be a much better opportunity, and I do have ideas for other stories.

Losing your job does suck, but you can't work somewhere that goes against your way of thinking/feeling. Not for the long term, anyway. The above-quoted section shows you're thinking positively and looking forward. Someone else will see your talents and worth.

• Love 4

ugh.. made some biscotti today .. i love it but so much work.   This was nice, i did make changes cuz i didnt have any appropriate liquour in the house and i used less maple syrup. So 1/2 the maple syrup and i used some splenda brown as well and cuz i had no liquour i added a bit of apple sauce.  They came out nice but it's a lot of time. Not that i was doing anything else.. well making a teapot cozy but that's all.

https://www.mynourishedhome.com/almond-maple-biscotti/

• Love 3
12 hours ago, kbois said:

It's not a great way to start the new year, but the job search starts tomorrow. Something will work out and I'm crossing my fingers it will be a much better opportunity

I don't dislike my current job, but I've been thinking of changing, too. I've been tossing salads for 4.5 years, and I need a change of scenery. Something more challenging, that actually uses my skills. A bigger paycheck wouldn't hurt, either. Here's hoping the hunt goes well for both of us!  🤞

• Love 2
16 hours ago, kbois said:

It's been an emotional weekend and I woke up with not the brightest outlook. I know things will get better but I'm going to take a moment to wallow in whatever these emotions are. 

I lost my job on Friday. It sucks knowing that I was good at what I did and I really enjoyed the residents I worked with. But over the past two years, the owner's focus flipped to home sales and my heart is just not into it. I did travel sales for 20+ years and am still burned out. I think it's better to not work for a company that covets profit over everything else. I've seen a change over the past few years and not a good one. 

Yesterday, I posted the last chapter in my shifter series. It's been over two years with these characters in my head. I feel like I've grown a lot as a writer. My comma problem has definitely improved, lol. I've learned that sometimes you have to make a heartbreaking choice for the betterment of the story. I'm going to miss these guys hammering away at my brain. 

It's not a great way to start the new year, but the job search starts tomorrow. Something will work out and I'm crossing my fingers it will be a much better opportunity, and I do have ideas for other stories.

I hope you all have a good day.

Not a great start to the New Year, but better leaving a job you don't love.

Hopefully 20th will and you'll have a job that you enjoy.

Take and hugs xx

• Love 1

So, Monday.  Christmas decorations are down. Michael did that yesterday in about 20 minutes. He does it every year. i don't like to.  Same as i don't like New Year's, really. It's the death of something to me, and i rather bury my head in the sand. Michael is a 'live as it comes' kind of guy and thinks i'm a bit weird. That's just reality too. LOL.

i have two finished stories. Well, they need a bit of editing, which i can do. But just rather not, frankly. i look a them and think no, why bother with this? One is 20-something chapters the other six maybe. i am doing some editing for a new author who approached me. It's a good story. i look forward to him publishing it soon! :D

Anyway, enough of my whining. Have a nice Monday and i'll try to follow the advice that arrived in my inbox this a.m.!

image.png.a4ac81cbde9c803b2bb1cadbf65aab0c.png

• Love 3
37 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

So, Monday.  Christmas decorations are down. Michael did that yesterday in about 20 minutes. He does it every year. i don't like to.  Same as i don't like New Year's, really. It's the death of something to me, and i rather bury my head in the sand. Michael is a 'live as it comes' kind of guy and thinks i'm a bit weird. That's just reality too. LOL.

i have two finished stories. Well, they need a bit of editing, which i can do. But just rather not, frankly. i look a them and think no, why bother with this? One is 20-something chapters the other six maybe. i am doing some editing for a new author who approached me. It's a good story. i look forward to him publishing it soon! :D

Anyway, enough of my whining. Have a nice Monday and i'll try to follow the advice that arrived in my inbox this a.m.!

I'm sort of in a bury-my-head-in-the-sand mood too. But alas, I can't. Job applications await. I can’t believe how easy resume writing is compared to when I graduated college. No electric typewriter needed. Lol. 

Time to go navigate Florida's unemployment benefits application. Ugh. 

• Wow 1
  • Fingers Crossed 4
12 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

i don't like the "after Christmas" feeling. the house is darker, and it feels empty somehow.

• Love 3
15 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

i don't like the "after Christmas" feeling. the house is darker, and it feels empty somehow.

ill send you Dan ... there'd be none of that.. lol,  He's a slave driver. No time to think bad thoughts.

• Love 3

Start to my new year has been some sort of respiratory ick.  Was out of work on Friday (and probably should have been out Thursday) and yesterday -- and today.  High fever, congestion. Blood O2 has been ok, but that's probably because of my inhalers.

I really have to go back tomorrow regardless, as I have travel to arrange for 7 faculty candidates [WHY could they not just stick with video interviews; that was SOOOO much easier for Staff] and new computers to order for staff [including me, thankfully].

• Love 1
  • Wow 4

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..