The Drop in Centre

Mikiesboy

2 minutes ago, Kitt said:

Since we are talking food again ( who us? We don't do that!) We had what my hubby has taken to calling smashed cabbages. Instead of spending hours par boiling  and rolling stuffed cabbages, I put a nice thick layer of shredded cabbage ( I use pre shredded Cole slaw mix) on the bottom of my crock pot, break up the ground beef I have seasoned as tho I was going to roll em and put on top of the cabbage, then cover with either tomato juice or V-8, add a dash or two of hot sauce and worstershire and cook on hi 6 hrs. 

Served up it looks like stuffed cabbage that has already been cut to ribbons for eating.

That's good!  We call it deconstructed cabbage rolls. So good!  Michael started making those when craving his mom's cabbage rolls. 

i think we'll have to make that soon. It's really delicious. Thanks for the reminder!

• Love 5
9 minutes ago, Kitt said:

Since we are talking food again ( who us? We don't do that!) We had what my hubby has taken to calling smashed cabbages. Instead of spending hours par boiling  and rolling stuffed cabbages, I put a nice thick layer of shredded cabbage ( I use pre shredded Cole slaw mix) on the bottom of my crock pot, break up the ground beef I have seasoned as tho I was going to roll em and put on top of the cabbage, then cover with either tomato juice or V-8, add a dash or two of hot sauce and worstershire and cook on hi 6 hrs. 

Served up it looks like stuffed cabbage that has already been cut to ribbons for eating.

That sounds really good.

• Like 4
On 1/15/2024 at 6:43 PM, MichaelS36 said:

Yes, very true. I find I'm delighted by the simplest things now that I'm over forty.  LOL

Wait until you hit your 50's it gets more exciting 🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 4
9 minutes ago, Kitt said:

3 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

That's good!  We call it deconstructed cabbage rolls. So good!  Michael started making those when craving his mom's cabbage rolls. 

i think we'll have to make that soon. It's really delicious. Thanks for the reminder!

I like cabbage rolls. I've never made them, constructed or otherwise.

• Like 4
  • Love 1
43 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

i love how you think i will actually do any.. haha 

I'll tell that to your YouTube Australian dude.  🤣

• Love 3
  • Haha 1
3 hours ago, Wayne Gray said:

Make sure Michael knows how useful it is!

Stirring the pot again, eh, Wayne!  I happen to have seen how useful it is, sadly I've not had the opportunity to use it myself as of yet! 

• Haha 5
  • Site Moderator
12 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

Thanks for the reminder, tim! I'm going to have that for dinner tonight. 👍

• Like 1
  • Love 2
13 hours ago, kbois said:

I like cabbage rolls. I've never made them, constructed or otherwise.

@Kitt gave you the recipe.  You should try it.  We usually add some sauerkraut, to get that nice sour flavour.  i'm told that once upon a time whole cabbages were submerged in sauerkraut barrels and later used to make cabbage rolls. No boiling required. 

Boiling is not required if you freeze the whole cabbage and then defrost it.

This is making me cravey and hungry! 

• Love 3

I am convinced it's Sunday .. but it's Wednesday.  Have some editing to do. Have a good day lovely DiCers.

image.png.4932f97e4bf989f14ad18b31302c1406.png

• Love 4
7 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

Sometimes you can have too much help!  i love them to death but when they are hovering around, or they put things away i still need.. Go away! please.  If i need help i will ask.

We have a rule in my house.

If the kitchen is rocking, don't come knocking. No music? Visitors welcome.

• Love 4
8 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

Sometimes you can have too much help!  i love them to death but when they are hovering around, or they put things away i still need.. Go away! please.  If i need help i will ask.

I particularly love it when they're doing other stuff in the house and the moment you go into the kitchen and start pulling stuff out of cabinets..boom...they're in your way. 

You've had how long to put your coffee mug in the dishwasher? 🙄

• Love 3
  • Haha 1

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..