The Drop in Centre

Mikiesboy

• Site Moderator
1 hour ago, Mikiesboy said:

The wind is howling out there, it's 26f, feels like 2f or -3C feels like -16C.  Whatever your preference it's fecking cold.

Had french toast for brekkie today which was a nice Sunday treat.  We were supposed to go for a walk but we decided ... mmmm.. no.  LOL 

Hope everyone has a warm and cozy day.   

My sentiments exactly! 
The good news is it’s Family Day tomorrow. 
The stores will be closed, but the sun is going to shine (weatherman isn’t wrong, right?)  and the temperature will be above freezing, so that’s something to look forward too. 

PS: I don’t even remember the last time I’ve had French Toast. Should think about making some…

• Like 1
  • Love 4
14 hours ago, 1brokNangel said:

Thank you so much for offering to talk privately with me.

My oldest brother is dealing with advanced liver cancer his Dr here has just to the point wiped her hands of him, thankfully he was referred to a Dr in Tennessee, the hospital that he's going to is one of the best, we're hoping they can do more for him. The waiting is the hard part right now.

Sorry to here about your brother. Both my Mum and Dad suffered from cancer, so I understand everything that your going through x

• Love 5
2 hours ago, chris191070 said:

Hey All,

Hope everyone is well. All good here.

A week off from work, but got 12hrs of online training to do.

Take care x

Soooo, not really a week off.  Get the online stuff done, asap so it's out of your life!   Have a good week off! 

• Like 2
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, chris191070 said:

@kbois hope all goes well in your 1st day at your new job x

Thanks Chris!

Heading out the door in a few minutes!

• Fingers Crossed 5
Just now, kbois said:

Thanks Chris!

Heading out the door in a few minutes!

Have a good day!!

• Like 1
  • Love 3

oh.. i am a spoiled boy!  My wonderful Husband just bought me this:   https://www.hometechcanada.ca/products/bamix-supe?_pos=5&_sid=619c81fc5&_ss=r

i can hardly wait!!!  It will actually help me as my poor hands seem to be rather worse for wear these days... and now i'll be able to do things with less wear and tear on them.  Happy boy ...i have coveted this tool for many years!  if i was able to do back flips.. well i am in my mind.. woohoo!   :D :D :D

• Love 2
  • Haha 3
19 hours ago, 1brokNangel said:

My oldest brother is dealing with advanced liver cancer

I'm very sorry to hear this. It's difficult to deal with.  I wish you and your family peace and hope for a good outcome for your brother. 

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

oh.. i am a spoiled boy!  My wonderful Husband

you are, and I am, aren't I?   LOL    your new toy will be useful.  None of us are getting younger and your hand issues need addressing. And even I can use this if needs be.  Enjoy your new toy, boy.  

• Love 4
  • Site Moderator
40 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

oh.. i am a spoiled boy!  My wonderful Husband just bought me this:   https://www.hometechcanada.ca/products/bamix-supe?_pos=5&_sid=619c81fc5&_ss=r

i can hardly wait!!!  It will actually help me as my poor hands seem to be rather worse for wear these days... and now i'll be able to do things with less wear and tear on them.  Happy boy ...i have coveted this tool for many years!  if i was able to do back flips.. well i am in my mind.. woohoo!   :D :D 

It looks like a really nice one, tim. 

I absolutely love mine. Its so easy to use and easy too clean (put it in hot soapy water then turn it on, and voila, it's clean).

You will absolutely love and appreciate it, guaranteed!

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

It looks like a really nice one, tim. 

I absolutely love mine. Its so easy to use and easy too clean (put it in hot soapy water then turn it on, and voila, it's clean).

You will absolutely love and appreciate it, guaranteed!

i have a cheaper one which is falling apart.. but i love all the extra attachments with this one..   i was looking for a replacement bread pan for our hamilton beach bread maker ... and saw that.. i guess i moaned out loud and Michael said.. what?  i told Him and He said, buy it. yours is dying and that one looks more useful. 

i can't wait to try it out.  You're right about cleaning them.. it's so fast. And you can use them to make skim milk into thick froth if it's cold enough.  That's fun.  LOL

• Love 3
  • Site Moderator
2 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

but i love all the extra attachments with this one.

Not the same as what you got, but mine came with a bevy of extra things too. I only have the one blade type, though. Yours looks very versatile. 

• Love 3
50 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

Not the same as what you got, but mine came with a bevy of extra things too. I only have the one blade type, though. Yours looks very versatile. 

i baked this today ... oh it smells so nice.. i made some changes to the sugar and flour but.. wow.. smells amazing   https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/orange-date-bread/

• Love 3
  • Site Moderator
4 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

i baked this today ... oh it smells so nice.. i made some changes to the sugar and flour but.. wow.. smells amazing   https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/orange-date-bread/

Did you use a sugar substitute? 

What kind of flour? Chickpea, perhaps? The internet says it’s versatile and a good substitute for ap flour. Then again, so is almond flour. 

I’m feeling the need to makes this, though not with walnuts, because me and walnuts don’t get along. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..