The Drop in Centre

Mikiesboy

Hope you have a wonderful Tuesday, as chris reminded us above.  :)   It is also International Friendship Day, so to all my friends, have a great day.

image.png.5ba5f9525b83b9809cfaebe1e1c0d107.png

• Love 4

1 hour ago, chris191070 said:

Happy Wednesday ❤️ 

Happy Wednesday, chris and everyone.  It's also National Avocado Day. Have a good Wednesday. I can stay home today. Finally, no appointments! At least for a few days.

image.png.e7bd8b757718ed3d20e391c788b08830.png

• Love 2

51 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

Happy Wednesday, chris and everyone.  It's also National Avocado Day. Have a good Wednesday. I can stay home today. Finally, no appointments! At least for a few days.

image.png.e7bd8b757718ed3d20e391c788b08830.png

Well in honor of National Avocado Day I'll have a Carne Asada burrito (Like I wasn't going to anyway)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

Finally, no appointments! At least for a few days.

Wrong. Another doctor's appointment for me on Friday.  July and August suck and will suck.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

13 minutes ago, weinerdog said:

Well in honor of National Avocado Day I'll have a Carne Asada burrito (Like I wasn't going to anyway)

No idea what that is...i know what burritos are... but enjoy it whatever it is.

• Like 2

• Site Moderator
3 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

Wrong. Another doctor's appointment for me on Friday.  July and August suck and will suck.

Wishing you a very good Friday, tim.

🤞

xoxo

• Love 2

9 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

No idea what that is...i know what burritos are... but enjoy it whatever it is.

Carne asada is Mexican, it's beef meat typically skirt or flank steak that has been marinated (garlic, onions cilantro, citrus juice) and then grilled.  It's delicious.  

• Love 4

4 minutes ago, Starrynight22 said:

Carne asada is Mexican, it's beef meat typically skirt or flank steak that has been marinated (garlic, onions cilantro, citrus juice) and then grilled.  It's delicious.  

Thanks, Starry!!

• Love 3

6 hours ago, chris191070 said:

Happy Thursday 

Hope everyone is having a good week 

Hope you are too, chris!  It's a good thing chris knows what day it is!  Anyway, we are under an extreme heat alert. It's so humid...all the fans are on but we may give up soon and turn on the AC. Drink lots, if its hot, even if you don't feel thirsty...keep cool!

image.png.5c560d1b6c48c8167eb7e1d4636451da.png

• Love 2

1 minute ago, Mikiesboy said:

Hope you are too, chris!  It's a good thing chris knows what day it is!  Anyway, we are under an extreme heat alert. It's so humid...all the fans are on but we may give up soon and turn on the AC. Drink lots, if its hot, even if you don't feel thirsty...keep cool!

image.png.5c560d1b6c48c8167eb7e1d4636451da.png

We have got a yellow warning for thunderstorms. But hot and humid here.

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

It's not quite 930 in the morning and we are already at a feels like temp of 95. Should be somewhere around 110 by this afternoon. 

I just stocked up the work freezer with Popsicles and fruit juice bars as well as snacks for my staff. Five cases of water should last us a few weeks. 

We're moving into the two worst months of the year. At least this year we're getting rain everyday. The cloud cover helps with the temps but increases the humidity so no real cooling effect. 

Stay cool and hydrated and have a good Friday Eve!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

How do you feel today, tim?   Answer: Blah.   Hope you all feel better than that. Have a good one.

image.png.412e8e8d8650f5ea152fae6cfacd6158.png

• Love 2

1 minute ago, Mikiesboy said:

How do you feel today, tim?   Answer: Blah.   Hope you all feel better than that. Have a good one.

Hugs, my friend. xoxo🩷

• Love 1

2 hours ago, Kitt said:

Ok, this is just... icky!  6:30 am and the heat index is already 98!

We're not that bad... yet. 

We are keeping one eye on the tropical depression thingy that's moving through the Caribbean. Hopefully it stays off our coast and doesn't dump too much rain on us. I'm not in the mood to evacuate. 

• Wow 1
  • Fingers Crossed 2

1 hour ago, Mikiesboy said:

Sending positive thoughts and hugs x

• Love 2

Ok, it is now icky-er. Tripple digits. But barn chores done, horse move done. I can now hide in the AC doing house stuff the rest of the day!

• Love 4

2 hours ago, Kitt said:

Ok, it is now icky-er. Tripple digits. But barn chores done, horse move done. I can now hide in the AC doing house stuff the rest of the day!

Yeah, it is super icky here. Like walking in hot soup ... Back from the doc with jabs in both arms.. they hurt..lol.  I am gonna take some drugs.

• Love 5

34 minutes ago, Kitt said:

Feel better! Hopefully it doesn't look like my stick from yesterday!

No, they are just achey. i took a pill.. hopefully it'll help.

• Love 2
  • Fingers Crossed 1

Well, it's a dark,  dreary, rainy, windy-ish Sunday. So far we've had 2.5-3 inches of rain. They're forecasting up to 8. The storm is well offshore but hasn't passed us yet. 

I'm lucky we had a dry spell this morning and I got both dogs out. The big dumb one is permanent ensconsced in the closet for the duration. How is it he can hold it for 12 hours during a storm but wakes me up at 130am and again at 7 to go out.  Sigh. 

Have a good day and stay cool and dry!

• Love 2
  • Haha 2

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..