Less than a week to submit 2024 Anthology Entries ×

The Drop in Centre

Mikiesboy

10 minutes ago, BabyXander1990 said:

Hi there...I hope it won't...Just went to a water ski show in Oldsmar...

I hear ya. My Florida Native thin blood wouldn't be able to handle that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, BabyXander1990 said:

BHopper, any updates on your Tampa Chronicles series?

After a minor setback (ProTip: make sure your cloud-share program is turned OFF before data shredding your old device; I lost 3 chapters), Chapter 1 is done and some revision is done on it after I got some great feedback from @Mikiesboy. Chapter 1 is not fully edited yet. Chapter 2 is about 25% done, and I'm going slow. Been doing a lot of work for my current University course. It's my worst subject, and it's taking me extra time to do stuff.

This go around C1 and C2 are different. So far, they've left Tampa and almost to D.C. to make the connecting train to Boston.

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

• Site Moderator
38 minutes ago, BabyXander1990 said:

Snow??? I haven't seen it since I moved to Florida...

Best be careful, and watch what you say Xander because it has snowed in Florida. Just saying... ;)

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

Best be careful, and watch what you say Xander because it has snowed in Florida. Just saying... ;)

Yes....I heard it did back in 1991...if I recall...or earlier...

Edited by BabyXander1990
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

2 minutes ago, BabyXander1990 said:

Yes....I heard it did back in 1991...if I recall...or earlier...

Technically, it snows in Florida every year. In North Florida... where it can stay!

1 minute ago, BabyXander1990 said:

Can't believe we allowed 4 goals in the 3rd...and the Ucks will lose tomorrow to the Redskins...

Yeah... I'm not happy right now...

• Wow 1

Morning all

valorous Audio pronunciation

adjective | VAL-uh-russ  

Definition

:
possessing or acting with bravery or boldness : courageous

:
marked by, exhibiting, or carried out with courage or determination : heroic

If you are boldly seeking synonyms for brave, consider valorous as well as courageous, intrepid, dauntless, and bold—all of which mean "having or showing no fear when faced with danger or difficulty." Brave is the most straightforward of these, implying lack of fear in alarming or difficult circumstances. Courageous carries a sense of stout-hearted resolution in the face of danger, while intrepid suggests downright daring in confronting peril. Dauntless suggests determination and resolution despite danger. Bold typically indicates a forward or defiant tendency to thrust oneself into dangerous situations. Valorous, which comes from Middle English valour, meaning "worth, worthiness, or bravery," suggests illustrious bravery and sometimes has an archaic or romantic ring.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Saw this article this morning ... https://qz.com/1038009/trying-to-stay-young-isnt-just-futile-its-also-bad-for-you/\

Very interesting .. yeah i'm 34 but i won't be forever ... none of us will. Interesting read.

• Like 3

• Site Moderator
3 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

image.png.f74cdeb52657eaf7260b7461a6b8455e.png    Why Remembrance Day is NOT a Holiday in Ontario. Interesting reading. 

This article makes so much sense, and after reading it, I totally agree with the reasonings behind it . Remembrance Day should not be a holiday. Thanks for posting this, tim. If you hadn’t, I might still be thinking the other way - the wrong way. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

Saw this article this morning ... https://qz.com/1038009/trying-to-stay-young-isnt-just-futile-its-also-bad-for-you/\

Very interesting .. yeah i'm 34 but i won't be forever ... none of us will. Interesting read.

i look forward to reading this later. it wouldn't do to get car sick

3 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

image.png.f74cdeb52657eaf7260b7461a6b8455e.png    Why Remembrance Day is NOT a Holiday in Ontario. Interesting reading. 

made some very good points

thank you for sharing

• Like 2

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..