The Drop in Centre

11 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

My thermostat shows the inside temp is 20C/68F. Good thing I turned the furnace on or it would have gone below that. 

Michael said, "do we need to go out .. if not lets just stay in."   Nothing we need we can't wait for.

• Love 3
  • Site Moderator
7 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

Michael said, "do we need to go out .. if not lets just stay in."   Nothing we need we can't wait for.

Yep, same here. I’m going to appreciate the bright sky from inside. Plus, I can hear the wind whipping around out there, so there’s that, too. 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Reader1810 said:

Yep, same here. I’m going to appreciate the bright sky from inside. Plus, I can hear the wind whipping around out there, so there’s that, too. 

just howling here..not a leaf left out there ...

• Like 2

morning all

cold and groggy here this morning, and i'm glad i remembered what my GA password was

@Carlos Hazday good to see you again, so glad you could stop by

@Reader1810 and @Mikiesboy and @BHopper2 it's cold here too, 45 F, 7 C

not so much windy, and just wet and cold here, i still need to hit up the Second Saturday Marketplace and the farmers market, i'm hoping for some nice vegetables for soup

• Like 3
  • Site Moderator
7 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

just howling here..not a leaf left out there ...

Put my glasses on and had a good look outside. Lots of leaves on the ground in the immediate vicinity, but looking beyond that, there are a ton of trees that look like they haven’t shed one leaf as yet. And, it’s November - wow. 

• Haha 2
1 minute ago, Reader1810 said:

Put my glasses on and had a good look outside. Lots of leaves on the ground in the immediate vicinity, but looking beyond that, there are a ton of trees that look like they haven’t shed one leaf as yet. And, it’s November - wow. 

There were two trees that had gone yellow and had most of their leaves on Thursday.. but not now.

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

There were two trees that had gone yellow and had most of their leaves on Thursday.. but not now.

I think they are all on the lee side of my house!  Patio is below road level and between the two houses, protected from the wind, and has to be ankle deep in leaves this am!

• Like 3
1 minute ago, Starrynight22 said:

It was 23F here (in cincinnati)

we are up to 32f  now.. with hi winds and now snow.. yay!!  LOL     How are you Starry?

• Like 3
  • Site Moderator
2 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

we are up to 32f  now.. with hi winds and now snow.. yay!!  LOL     How are you Starry?

I read this and said, snow, what snow? Then, I put my glasses on and said, oh, that snow...doesn’t look like it’s got staying power, which is good. 

• Haha 2
Just now, Reader1810 said:

I read this and said, snow, what snow? Then, I put my glasses on and said, oh, that snow...doesn’t look like it’s got staying power, which is good. 

Hopefully not.. blech

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

Ah, never mind. The sun heard me and decided to hide. *sigh* 

That's what the weather said today. cloudy with some sunny periods... some snow.. you know.

• Like 2
5 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

image.png.ee785e122e36f21206d21b071ef6bbf5.png

Opinion:  "Faith" should always be followed by "in [object of faith]" at which point the remainder of the quote may or may not be a reasonable proposition.  Sorry, the cynic in me is surfacing this morning.

Edited by Backwoods Boy
  • Like 2

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..