The Drop in Centre

• Site Moderator
3 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

mmmm sorry but i dont believe that ...

But, but, I’m the fun aunt, and telling an 8 year old child (in a deadpan voice) under stress from a  “stressful” card game to ‘suck it up and deal with it’ isn’t very responsible, now is it? 

Course, she did burst into a fit of giggles, so I relieved her stress, so there’s that. I just hope, she never tried that on someone else. You know, so her folks wouldn’t ask how she came up with that particular phrase... 0:) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Site Moderator
9 minutes ago, BHopper2 said:

I'm starting to get the yawns... So, I will bid you all good night.

Sleep Well, Sweet Dreams, and remember... you can be classy, and a little bit sassy, but never be assy.

Good night A...happy dreams and thanks for the wise and funny words, you made me laugh. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Site Moderator

Dang, I just noticed it’s almost midnight. Need to get off the tablet and have some Sleepytime tea with honey so I can sleep. 

Good night tim... sweet dreamz tonight and always when your time comes xoxo

Good night molly...happy dreams 

Edited by Reader1810
  • Like 2
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

Dang, I just noticed it’s almost midnight. Need to get off the tablet and have some Sleepytime tea with honey so I can sleep. 

good night reader

sweet dreams, sleep well

• Like 2
13 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

night reader xoox

• Like 3

I just saw Bohemian Rhapsody the movie about Freddie Mercury and queen it was pretty good I liked the way they showed his insecurity and loneliness and how it shaped his choices....... but I feel like they really glossed over his significant male relationships and they instead focused on his friendship with Mary.  

It's a long movie.  

• Like 1
  • Love 2

furlong Audio pronunciation

noun | FER-lawng  

Definition

:
a unit of distance equal to 220 yards (about 201 meters)

Furlong is an English original and can be traced back to Old English furlang, a combination of the noun furh ("furrow") and the adjective lang ("long"). Though now standardized as a length of 220 yards (or 1/8th of a mile), the furlong was originally defined less precisely as the length of a furrow in a cultivated field. This length was equal to the long side of an acre—an area originally defined as the amount of arable land that could be plowed by a yoke of oxen in a day, but later standardized as an area measuring 220 yards (one furlong) by 22 yards, and now defined as any area measuring 4,840 square yards. In contemporary usage, furlong is often encountered in references to horse racing.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

I don't recommend taking this too literally ... if you're a circus performer ... or up a ladder, please have a safety net/wire and someone to hold it. Frankly, a partner is a good thing in lots of situations ....

image.png.ee785e122e36f21206d21b071ef6bbf5.png

• Love 2
  • Wow 1
7 hours ago, Starrynight22 said:

I just saw Bohemian Rhapsody the movie about Freddie Mercury and queen it was pretty good I liked the way they showed his insecurity and loneliness and how it shaped his choices....... but I feel like they really glossed over his significant male relationships and they instead focused on his friendship with Mary.  

It's a long movie.  

That's sad ... as usual let's pretend the gay thing ... well ... let's just not. 

AC Benus is so right when he says they will never let us have our history. I thank god daily that AC shares it with us.  I've learned so much from him and his work. I wish people here would support him more because he is a genuine treasure. I'm reading his screenplays write now based on Herman Melville's work.  They are wonderful, not hard to read and the gay relationships are there ... and in talking to AC he's not invented them, they are in Melville's stories.

• Love 4

@Mikiesboy

Faith is still required even with a safety net LOL

“Bend your knees.” The shout from the instructor attached to his back was almost impossible to hear over the ambient noise. The man adjusted the straps connecting them so tight CJ thought he was about to lose circulation to his legs. He folded his arms across his chest and prepared himself to jump while giving his companions a thumbs-up, Owen and Harley would follow him. “Don’t forget to smile for the camera,” the man shouted as he pushed them out the opening.

I thought of this little scene as soon as I read your post! :)

• Like 2
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, Carlos Hazday said:

@Mikiesboy

Faith is still required even with a safety net LOL

“Bend your knees.” The shout from the instructor attached to his back was almost impossible to hear over the ambient noise. The man adjusted the straps connecting them so tight CJ thought he was about to lose circulation to his legs. He folded his arms across his chest and prepared himself to jump while giving his companions a thumbs-up, Owen and Harley would follow him. “Don’t forget to smile for the camera,” the man shouted as he pushed them out the opening.

I thought of this little scene as soon as I read your post! :)

Yes, it is.  And good morning, C. xo

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, Carlos Hazday said:

Morning, bud. I'm hoping to be productive today and I wish you the same. It's a beautiful day outside so I may end up goofing off again. I've been bad all week!

It's been awful weather-wise. And it's windy as feck, however there is a bright orb in the sky. I have seen this before but it's been about a month.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1
Just now, BHopper2 said:

Good Morning, I need coffee.

Can't seem to wake up this morning.

Sometimes the Natural Calm can do that ... are you using a lot of it? Sometimes i feel kinda zombie-ish. LOL

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Mikiesboy said:

Sometimes the Natural Calm can do that ... are you using a lot of it? Sometimes i feel kinda zombie-ish. LOL

No, I'm only doing the recommended dosage. It might be a combo of the Calm and the Trazadone she prescribed me.

Last night, even with the calm, I had to take a second Trazadone to quiet the mind. (It's prescribed 1 or 2 nightly.)

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, BHopper2 said:

No, I'm only doing the recommended dosage. It might be a combo of the Calm and the Trazadone she prescribed me.

Last night, even with the calm, I had to take a second Trazadone to quiet the mind. (It's prescribed 1 or 2 nightly.)

Yeah, maybe that's it. I feel it more when i take the the Natural Calm-Sleep it contains melatonin and i can be a bit dull in the mornings. I don't use it all the time though. Often just the regular one is enough.

• Like 1

Omg the wind is nuts .. and that bright orb is now covered with lots of clouds ... wet snow expected later.   Oh happy day! I seriously hate the wind. Constant noise.

Time to give up my hoodie, i guess and dig out my boots.  Blah.

Edited by Mikiesboy
  • Sad 1
53 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

That's sad ... as usual let's pretend the gay thing ... well ... let's just not. 

AC Benus is so right when he says they will never let us have our history. I thank god daily that AC shares it with us.  I've learned so much from him and his work. I wish people here would support him more because he is a genuine treasure. I'm reading his screenplays write now based on Herman Melville's work.  They are wonderful, not hard to read and the gay relationships are there ... and in talking to AC he's not invented them, they are in Melville's stories.

Very true. My friend Greg, gods rest his soul, loaned me a book about "The Gay History" of the United States and the World. I cannot remember it's title, and on the tablet.

There's so much that mainstream media gets wrong about us. Like I refuse to watch the Stonewall movie that came out recently, because it's full of revisionist history, and pushes an agenda.

• Love 2
  • Site Moderator
1 hour ago, Mikiesboy said:

It's been awful weather-wise. And it's windy as feck, however there is a bright orb in the sky. I have seen this before but it's been about a month.

That’s the first thing I noticed this morning. I just wonder how cold it is? 

• Like 2

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..