The Drop in Centre

Mikiesboy

12 minutes ago, Thorn Wilde said:

I’ve heard of it. Boyfriend watches all the DC shows. I’m more of a Marvel guy myself, but I do want to watch Supergirl. I’ve heard great things. :) 

The show's okay, I like the Marvel stuff on Netflix better, even though I grew up on DC. Just watched The Punisher's second season and loved it. But then again, we already discussed my affinity for bad guys/bullies getting beat up and left bleeding. LOL

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, BHopper2 said:

An unintentional break from schoolwork, while I head off to the Doctor's. This was not pre-planned

Just wanted to say hi real quick.

Back later.

Good luck at the doctor’s. Hope it’s nothing too serious. :hug: 

Edited by Thorn Wilde
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

Just now, Carlos Hazday said:

The show's okay, I like the Marvel stuff on Netflix better, even though I grew up on DC. Just watched The Punisher's second season and loved it. But then again, we already discussed my affinity for bad guys/bullies getting beat up and left bleeding. LOL

I mean, don’t get me wrong. I like action films. My favourite is Deadpool. :P

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Thorn Wilde said:

I mean, don’t get me wrong. I like action films. My favourite is Deadpool. :P

I think the violence in Deadpool is tongue-in-cheek whereas in The Punisher it's just there for the benefit of teen males.

Let's hope with Disney buying Fox and reclaiming rights to FF and the mutants, we get some good stuff in the future.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Carlos Hazday said:

I think the violence in Deadpool is tongue-in-cheek whereas in The Punisher it's just there for the benefit of teen males.

Let's hope with Disney buying Fox and reclaiming rights to FF and the mutants, we get some good stuff in the future.

As long as they don’t ruin Deadpool I’m happy.

Well, moment of truth. Going up there in five songs. Wish me luck.

• Like 1
  • Love 3

Just now, Thorn Wilde said:

Well, I did it. Think it went fine. I was super nervous, though, so I didn’t play very well, lol! Still, people liked the song, I think.

Good for you!!!!  That's terrific!!

• Like 1
  • Love 2

12 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

Good for you!!!!  That's terrific!!

Now I can relax for the rest of the evening. I have an Irish coffee. Also, people have said nice things to me, so I feel pretty good. :) 

• Like 2
  • Love 2

9 minutes ago, Thorn Wilde said:

Now I can relax for the rest of the evening. I have an Irish coffee. Also, people have said nice things to me, so I feel pretty good. :) 

super!!  enjoy now.. i'm sure you're too hard on yourself, which is pretty normal

• Like 1
  • Love 2

3 minutes ago, Thorn Wilde said:

Thanks. :) Hope you’re having a good day as well.

Did some chores.. wrote some haiku for AC's prompt. trying to write something... Michael brought home dinner, so no cooking for this boy.  i will be properly grateful for that.

Edited by Mikiesboy
  • Like 3
  • Love 2

19 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

Did some chores.. wrote some haiku for AC's prompt. trying to write something... Michael brought home dinner, so no cooking for this boy.  i will be properly grateful for that.

Lucky you. :) Enjoy.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

39 minutes ago, BHopper2 said:

On a positive note, I lost 12lbs. over the last month!

Hey!!  That is wonderful.. keep it up!  Great job, A.

• Love 4

2 hours ago, BHopper2 said:

Thanks, everyone.

The first experience with a migraine, and when I called the doc to see what I could take over-the-counter with my mix of meds, she told me to come in. She wanted to know what was causing it because I don't have a history of them, and generally not prone to headaches. Posted I was headed up, and while I was waiting in the lobby, lost vision in my left eye. Needless to say, I started freaking out. They did some in-office tests, with a sonogram, and now I have appointments next week for an MRI, CT Scan, and a trip to an eye doctor. 

She thinks it's an eye issue. Haven't been checked in six years, and even with glasses, I have some poor vision.

migraines are scary! i'm glad your doctor isn't taking it lightly and not just prescribing meds

well done you!

keep it up!

• Like 3

Thanks, everyone.

The first experience with a migraine, and when I called the doc to see what I could take over-the-counter with my mix of meds, she told me to come in. She wanted to know what was causing it because I don't have a history of them, and generally not prone to headaches. Posted I was headed up, and while I was waiting in the lobby, lost vision in my left eye. Needless to say, I started freaking out. They did some in-office tests, with a sonogram, and now I have appointments next week for an MRI, CT Scan, and a trip to an eye doctor. 

She thinks it's an eye issue. Haven't been checked in six years, and even with glasses, I have some poor vision.

Ouch. Hope it turns out to be something easy to fix. Sounds like you’ve had a hell of a day... Take care of yourself! :hug: 

Yay! Good for you. :) 

• Like 2

I’ve had a very nice evening. Attended a Whisky Club meeting. We drank a Bowmore 15 years Bourbon Cask. It’s an Islay malt, so rather peaty, but this one had a fairly honeyed aftertaste. Smooth sipping. (I’m not drunk, I didn’t have that much.) Then I found a guitar circle, played a couple of songs, was flirted with by a 20 y.o. who was very eager to show off his mediocre guitar prowess, and finished the night by playing Smells Like Teen Spirit on the ukulele. In bed now. After yesterday’s anxiety, I’m glad today turned out so well. Tomorrow I’ve got a 25 minute set at a cafe in town. :) 

Goodnight, DiC! Be kind to yourselves and each other. :hug: 

• Like 3
  • Love 2

That's a lot for one month.  A pound a week is more to the point.  Don't overdo it as that can cause unintended results.  Share that with the migraine doctor, if you didn't.   Moderation in all things.

Thanks, everyone.

If it's an ocular migraine, my hiking companion deals with it, and you'll get some good advice from the doc.  Hope you get it figured out soon.  I'm sure you'll let us know what you learn. :hug:

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..