The Drop in Centre

12 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

First Place!

Number Two Son has been at an indoor drumline competition all day

just heard from them

First Place!  

so damned excited for them!!!

That's wonderful news!  Congratulations to all of them. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

and with that, Sirs and friends, please excuse me,

i'm going to make a cup of tea, and find something to watch on TV until it's time to pick Number Two Son up

have a good night, see you sometime tomorrow

sleep well

Edited by mollyhousemouse
  • Like 4
41 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

finicky Audio pronunciation

adjective | FIN-ih-kee  

Definition

:
extremely or excessively particular, exacting, or meticulous in taste or standards

:
requiring much care, precision, or attentive effort

You may be familiar with an advertising campaign featuring Morris, the finicky housecat who would only eat a certain brand of cat food. Morris's tastes in cuisine are not only very particular, but very fine as well, and that's appropriate given the origin of finicky. The word came about as an alteration of finicking, itself an alteration of another adjective, finical. It's believed that finical derives from the adjective fine. Finicking also gives us finick, a somewhat rare verb meaning "to put on airs" or "to dawdle about."

Would it be appropriate to say that I suffer from an annoying case of being finicky? I know I am quite particular...and not in a good way..

Hello everyone! Hope you have a relaxing Sunday coming up. Mine has been tiring. Who knows that dealing with a 3-year old human for a few hours can be more tiring than working out?? My nephew is a beast 😶

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
8 hours ago, mollyhousemouse said:

First Place!

just heard from them

First Place!  

Also, congratulations to you and them, molly! :) 

• Like 3
28 minutes ago, c081huang said:

Who knows that dealing with a 3-year old human for a few hours can be more tiring than working out?? My nephew is a beast 

Lol several of us are parents, and a few work, or have worked, in the school systems.

It's easier to get a dozen horses going in the same direction than it is to keep up with one toddler!

Morning all.

Edited by Kitt
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
31 minutes ago, Kitt said:

Lol several of us are parents, and a few work, or have worked, in the school systems.

It's easier to get a dozen horses going in the same direction than it is to keep up with one toddler!

Morning all.

Truth. I worked as a daycare assistant for a while, as a temp. Most exhausting few months of my life...

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, Thorn Wilde said:

Truth. I worked as a daycare assistant for a while, as a temp. Most exhausting few months of my life...

Lol I worked in an aftercare program ( 5 to 10 yr olds mixed together in one class) for over 12 years.  Snacks and playtime were easy and fun.  Try getting them to pay attention during homework hour? Not so much!

• Like 4

Older one spoiled me. Nearly always listened, never tantrummed, stuck next to me when out and about.  

Little one is like a hurricane in small boy form. I actually bought him a baby tether for when he was 1.  He was a runner.

The tantrums are finally slowing down now at 3.5 years. 

He is the kid people look at as birth control.  :)

• Haha 4
  • Wow 1
41 minutes ago, Thorn Wilde said:

31 minutes ago, Kitt said:

Lol I worked in an aftercare program ( 5 to 10 yr olds mixed together in one class) for over 12 years.  Snacks and playtime were easy and fun.  Try getting them to pay attention during homework hour? Not so much!

26 minutes ago, Starrynight22 said:

Little one is like a hurricane in small boy form. I actually bought him a baby tether for when he was 1.  He was a runner.

Anyone who lives/works with babies and toddlers, and who does a good job without losing their mind is really something...

Edited by c081huang
  • Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Site Moderator
10 hours ago, mollyhousemouse said:

First Place!

just heard from them

First Place!  

Awesome! Congrats to Number Two and his drum mates! :D  

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Site Moderator
6 hours ago, Thorn Wilde said:

I did that in high school. I can still remember the time I had seven kids - yes, seven - on top of me,  so I basically couldn’t move and the student teacher just sat there - I was “rescued” by one of the regular teachers. 

6 hours ago, Starrynight22 said:

Older one spoiled me. Nearly always listened, never tantrummed, stuck next to me when out and about.  

Very recently, I saw a dad out with his young son (age about or three, I’d say) and he was using a tether to keep his kid close. I’ve read stories how people are outraged (you know, keeping a kid on a leash), but I think they’re marvellous. Some kids don’t want to hold hands, so this is a great option to give them some freedom, while the adult with them has peace of mind knowing the kid can’t take off. 

Edited by Reader1810
  • Like 4

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..