The Drop in Centre

Mikiesboy

• Site Moderator
36 minutes ago, Thorn Wilde said:

Night, tim! Glad to hear you've got your muse back. :hug: 

I'm gonna take a shower and get ready for bed. Night, DiC! 

Good night Thorn... happy dreams 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Morning, everyone! I've been up for a few hours, but I've been sewing. Been making a new harness for my packer! :D It rides up a little bit, but it'll do when the proper one needs a wash. 

• Like 4

This is one of my favourite short stories, The Man Who Forgot Ray Bradbury by Neil Gaiman. Here read by the author. I thought of it the other day when we were talking about memory and forgetting things. It's really sad, but it has a lot of humour and it's beautiful, so when I thought of it again just now it made me want to share.

EDIT: It's also in the short story collection Trigger Warning.

Edited by Thorn Wilde
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

18 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

1/2 way thru my 2nd chapter of my next story ... writing with Mac Sir on the weekend  worked some kinda magic !!  :D 

Magic finds it way to us, boy. Happy you're writing.

• Like 2
  • Love 2

17 hours ago, Wayne Gray said:

Did you help Mac with his story too?  I probably don't need to say which one I mean, but I will if there's a question!

Hmm, I have no idea what you mean.

Lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Went to choir practice today, but didn't sing. I could have, my singing voice is fine, but I just started coughing so much, so it was better I shut up. Hopefully I'll be in better shape come Sunday when the choir is singing in the church where we rehearse (it's how we pay rent). Still, at least I was there today, even if I couldn't participate.

• Like 4

• Site Moderator

The first day of Spring is today, and yet, today, I saw the following lawn ornaments...

• a miniature Santa and his sleigh 
  • an inflatable snowman 
  • Christmas balls hanging on a tree
  • blue Christmas lights hanging on a driveway gate

:blink:...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Wow 1

27 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

The first day of Spring is today, and yet, today, I saw the following lawn ornaments...

• an inflatable snowman 

but i should talk .. my christmas wreath is still in the kitchen window.. but it doesnt really look like Christmas ...

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

34 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

• an inflatable snowman 

I still have a Christmas star in the kitchen window (though no longer lit) and a stocking hanging next to the fireplace... And ornaments hanging from the reindeer antler in the living room... And a few other things.... I'll have them down by Easter, I promise.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Getting cooking tips from my Husband ... :D   He's being quite sarcastic (His normal sense of humour) and making me laff.  LOL

• Like 3
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

Getting cooking tips from my Husband ... :D   He's being quite sarcastic (His normal sense of humour) and making me laff.  LOL

Any bits of wisdom from Michael to share?

• Like 3

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..