The Drop in Centre

Mikiesboy

• Site Moderator
2 hours ago, BHopper2 said:

Holy, Unicorn-Glitter-Farts, Batman... (aka Happy Tears.) I needed that chapter.

A, you win the prize for the best endorsement, ever! :D 

• Like 3
  • Love 2

Back from choir party. It was nice. We had Palestinian food, and cake. And wine. And conversation. Tired now. Doing a bit of reading, then sleep. Gonna say goodnight now, so night, all! :hug: 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

• Site Moderator
5 minutes ago, Thorn Wilde said:

Back from choir party. It was nice. We had Palestinian food, and cake. And wine. And conversation. Tired now. Doing a bit of reading, then sleep. Gonna say goodnight now, so night, all! :hug: 

Good night Thorn...happy dreams 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, dughlas said:

G'day y'all.

I know that @Dmrman would visit here. We just learned via his son Kyle that Bob was in a serious car accident and has been in a coma for the past 10 days. Thought y'all would want to know.

Oh, no! I'm so sorry to hear that! :( 

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, dughlas said:

G'day y'all.

I know that @Dmrman would visit here. We just learned via his son Kyle that Bob was in a serious car accident and has been in a coma for the past 10 days. Thought y'all would want to know.

Ah geez, that's just horrible. i'm very sorry to hear that. Thanks for coming in to let us know, dugh.

• Like 5

6 hours ago, MichaelS36 said:

8F outside...happy spring. ..I'm sure timmy is a timsicle tight now .... so I'm gonna go heat him up.... night! 

i think it was about 9f in the bedroom ... the bed was like ice.

• Wow 4

reverberate Audio pronunciation

verb | rih-VER-buh-rayt  

Definition

:
to reflect or become reflected

:
to repel or become driven back

:
to continue in or as if in a series of echoes : resound

The letter sequence "v-e-r-b" in reverberate might make you think at first of such word-related brethren as proverb, verbal, and verbose, all of which derive from the Latin noun verbum, meaning "word." In fact, reverberate comes from a much different source: the Latin verb verberare, meaning "to whip, beat, or lash," which is related to the noun verber, meaning "rod." Reverberate entered the English language in the 15th century, and one of its early meanings was "to beat, drive, or cast back." By the early 1600s, it began to appear in contexts associated with sound that repeats or returns the way an echo does.

• Love 3
  • Wow 1

Just now, Mikiesboy said:

reverberate Audio pronunciation

verb | rih-VER-buh-rayt  

Definition

:
to reflect or become reflected

:
to repel or become driven back

:
to continue in or as if in a series of echoes : resound

The letter sequence "v-e-r-b" in reverberate might make you think at first of such word-related brethren as proverb, verbal, and verbose, all of which derive from the Latin noun verbum, meaning "word." In fact, reverberate comes from a much different source: the Latin verb verberare, meaning "to whip, beat, or lash," which is related to the noun verber, meaning "rod." Reverberate entered the English language in the 15th century, and one of its early meanings was "to beat, drive, or cast back." By the early 1600s, it began to appear in contexts associated with sound that repeats or returns the way an echo does.

Good word. An important word when working with sound. :) 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, Mikiesboy said:

In an instant I am nothing to you

Not enough of a person

To be worthy of three small words

Seemingly mountains to you

Mountains so high

Words so unspeakable

You would rather walk away

The choice you make is your own

I will not be sad because of it

Because of the path you’ve

Chosen to walk

I will go on without you

Turn to friends old and new

Farewell

Talk about starting the gears turning!

:hug:

• Like 4

• Site Moderator
1 hour ago, Mikiesboy said:

i think it was about 9f in the bedroom ... the bed was like ice.

It was cold, and to think I’d pondered taking my winter blanket off the bed just a couple of days ago...

• Like 4

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..