The Drop in Centre

Mikiesboy

I've never made it past Vois dire ( did I spell that right?)  

Usually i go and sit all day to be dismissed with thanks. Twice made it as far as vois dire only to be dismissed as both were child abuse cases and at the time I worked in a before and after school care program. 

• Like 5

10 mins till the Puck Drops. Tampa vs Boston. My TC boys would arguing right now. LOL

I still need to find myself a Puck Buddy. I'm the only one here that loves Hockey in the family.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, Wayne Gray said:

My work only pays three days of that.  It's considered a "financial hardship" for anything longer than a week for me.  I've never had to actually sit for that reason.  Three weeks would clean out a chunk of savings, and that sucks.

I'm fortunate. My work will pay my salary up to 30 says.  After that it would be my own PTO 

And I get 15 bucks a day from the court lol 

• Like 4

Back later. This is going to be a good game. Two top teams in the league squaring off. Also, it's Jon Copper's 6th anniversary as Head Coach of the Lightning.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

22 minutes ago, Kitt said:

I've never made it past Vois dire ( did I spell that right?)  

Usually i go and sit all day to be dismissed with thanks. Twice made it as far as vois dire only to be dismissed as both were child abuse cases and at the time I worked in a before and after school care program. 

Its unlikely I'll get seated. I'm a gay liberal social worker who disagrees with a great many mainstream ideas in a very conservative rural county. 

I imagine prosecution will fall over themselves to use their power to dismiss me

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

16 minutes ago, Starrynight22 said:

And I get 15 bucks a day from the court lol 

When I worked in the lab they paid my days salary, but I would have to give them the $10 check the courts paid at the time. Do your civic duty, but don't profit !

9 minutes ago, Starrynight22 said:

I imagine prosecution will fall over themselves to use their power to dismiss me

I thought the same of the defense but it was actually prosecution that dismissed me.  We started with the "Does anyone have reason they should not serve" stuff, and I raised my hand, saying I did child care and was particularly protective of the children after we had a father break his daughters collar bone.

Judge asked me if I felt I would side with the (14 yr old) accuser because of my experience.  No sir, but I figured the defense would not want me. Can you tell when a boy is lying to get his own way? Ususally yes sir. Good, you will do, sit back down.

Okaaaaay.  Five minutes later the prosecution excused me with one of their preemptory challanges. The ones they don't need to give a reason for.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Starrynight22 said:

Its unlikely I'll get seated. I'm a gay liberal social worker who disagrees with a great many mainstream ideas in a very conservative rural county. 

The "HaHa'" is because I relate so well.  Other than the "social worker" part, I fit that mold quite completely.  

• Like 2

• Site Moderator
1 hour ago, Mikiesboy said:

Good night every one

I was beta reading, so I'm late with this...

Good night tim...sweet dreamz tonight and always xoxo

Hopefully, you are peacefully settled in dreamland and won't be seeing this until tomorrow. 

• Like 2

Have a good day.

decoct Audio pronunciation

verb | dih-KAHKT  

Definition

:
to extract the flavor of by boiling

:

Decoct boils down to a simple Latin origin: the word decoquere, from de-, meaning "down" or "away," and coquere, meaning "to cook" or "to ripen." Decoct itself is somewhat rare. Its related noun decoction, which refers to either an extract obtained by decocting or the act or process of decocting, is slightly more common but still much less recognizable than some other members of the coquere family, among gastronomical words like biscuit, biscotti, cook, and kitchen. Other coquere descendants include concoct ("to prepare by combining raw materials" or "to devise or fabricate"), concoction ("something concocted"), and precocious ("exceptionally early in development or occurrence" or "exhibiting mature qualities at an unusually early age").

• Love 5

8 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

morning Sirs and friends

hope it's a good one for you

have a nice day, molly

• Like 2
  • Love 2

25 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

decoct Audio pronunciation

verb | dih-KAHKT  

Definition  

:
to extract the flavor of by boiling

:

what a good word!

25 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

have a nice day, molly

you too sweetie

xoxo

• Like 3

Hey everyone. Once again, I dropped off the Internet yesterday, lol! It's been a weird few days. Realised last night it's probably cause I'm coming down off my hypomania. So I'm just tired and I haven't felt like talking to people much. Oh, well. Hope you all have a good Tuesday!

15 hours ago, MacGreg said:

I'm curious. What is it like?

Well, our entire legal system is completely different in general. Like, vastly different. I'm not a legal expert, so I couldn't begin to explain in how many ways, lol! I used to know more, my ex was a law student, but I've forgotten most of this stuff. But we don't have juries anymore at all, they were phased out a couple of years ago. Instead, we have lay judges that preside over a case together with professional ones. As I understand it, you sign up and are selected by the local council for a period of four years, and for each case they draw names from the panels of selected lay judges. There's some information in English here and here. Back when we had juries, I believe it was much the same. Like I said, not an expert. I've been in a court room like once, when a friend had been attacked on the metro. I was there with a few others as moral support.

• Like 1
  • Wow 3

11 minutes ago, BHopper2 said:

Joke Time:

What is Gumby's favorite part of a baseball game?

Hide contents

The 7th inning stretch.

Huh. This has to be one of those cultural references, cause I've been staring at this for like a minute and I have no idea what any of it means, lol!

Edited by Thorn Wilde
  • Love 2
  • Haha 2

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..