The Drop in Centre

Mikiesboy

Not headed to bed, yet. Got a few things I need to take care of before I do.

Just a good evening to everyone. Been busy with Solo-Research paper #2.

Also, Snickers - Maple and Almond Butter candy bar... not that good.

• Like 4

WEDNESDAY, APRIL 10, 2019, 7:00 PM EDT

Tampa Bay Lightning vs Columbus Blue Jackets
Round 1 - Game 1 of Play Offs

USA Network

• Like 4
  • Love 1

@MacGreg Congrats on the Avs making it to the Play Offs. I hope they do good, though I'm rooting for Calgary. I want a repeat of the 2004 final between Calgary and Tampa where we kick their asses and won the cup.

Now, I'm going to go burn some sage, sacrifice a bucket of KFC chicken, and go get blessed by a Catholic Priest to unjinx my Lightning.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Wow 2

1 hour ago, BHopper2 said:

Now, I'm going to go burn some sage, sacrifice a bucket of KFC chicken, and go get blessed by a Catholic Priest to unjinx my Lightning.

... gives new meaning to "leave no stone unturned" ...  :unsure:

• Like 3
  • Love 2

35 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

hello Sirs and everyone.  thanks for all of your good wishes yesterday.

got in about 2:15 this morning with some very disappointed people. inexplicably, we placed 5th. the director was absolutely beside himself and is lodging a complaint.  there were tears and mutterings on the bus, but by the time we unloaded they were more tears of "wow, can't believe it's over" as we have a lot of seniors this year.

today, i've been told to take it easy and rest.  i'll be around

Sorry things didn't go the way you'd hoped. Enjoy your rest!

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Thorn Wilde said:

Sorry things didn't go the way you'd hoped. Enjoy your rest!

thanks Thorn, i'm so grateful that Phil has me use online ordering for the groceries, so that's one less thing that needs to happen today

Number Two tells me that the group chat hasn't stopped as they're all still talking about it

• Like 3

6 hours ago, mollyhousemouse said:

thanks Thorn, i'm so grateful that Phil has me use online ordering for the groceries, so that's one less thing that needs to happen today

Number Two tells me that the group chat hasn't stopped as they're all still talking about it

Sorry to hear the season had a disappointing end for the kids.  

Online grocery shopping is catching on here. I prefer doing it myself, but for sure it has been a blessing to some friends. 

I'd probably save money not buying $35 worth of impulse buys though lol 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Starrynight22 said:

Sorry to hear the season had a disappointing end for the kids.  

Online grocery shopping is catching on here. I prefer doing it myself, but for sure it has been a blessing to some friends. 

I'd probably save money not buying $35 worth of impulse buys though lol 

thanks Starry, there's not a lot of time for them to dwell on it.  concert season is upon us now with more music to learn

Phil let me try the online shopping last fall, and we've seen a savings because of those impulse buys, things don't jump off the shelves into the shopping cart.  He's happy to have me do it this way because it's easier for both of us. 

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Thorn Wilde said:

Bedtime. Past bedtime, actually. Night, DiC! Hope you've all had/are all having a nice day! :hug: 

Sleep Well, Thorn.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

• Site Moderator
46 minutes ago, Thorn Wilde said:

Bedtime. Past bedtime, actually. Night, DiC! Hope you've all had/are all having a nice day! :hug: 

Good night Thorn...happy dreams

• Like 2
  • Love 1

ok....here's a rant.......

high school English teacher to a class reading Hamlet "What does this quote mean?"  (it was Polonius giving Laertes advice on life when he leaves for Paris.)  my student "Shakespeare is written for the reader to interpret in his or her own way."  goes on to say what he thinks it means.

teacher "nope, there is only 1 right answer." so when he gives the "expected" answer, she marked it wrong while the buddy, with the same answer, gets it right....

god save me from these kinds of teachers, how many kids are not going to like ever reading things like this ever again

thanks....rant over.....

and on that note, i'm off to bed
good night all

Edited by mollyhousemouse
  • Sad 1
  • Angry 4

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..