The Drop in Centre

Mikiesboy

8 hours ago, MacGreg said:

Hehe, you might be the only one who got it. 

Nope!  I giggled my silly head off when I saw it, then had to explain what was so funny to hubby!

Good morning everyone.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Wayne Gray said:

It's early for me, but I'm gonna go lay down and read for a while.

Goodnight, everybody.  Dream beautiful things.

Sleep Well, Wayne

• Like 2

I'm off as well. I have 38 videos to watch for class this week, in addition to our textbook reading. And our assignment this week is a PowerPoint presentation.

Nighters

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

thole Audio pronunciation

verb | THOHL  

Definition

chiefly dialectal : endure

Thole has a long history in the English language. It existed in Middle English in its current form, and in Old English in the form tholian, but in these modern times, it tholes only in a few of England's northern dialects. It has, however, a linguistic cousin far more familiar to most English speakers: the word tolerate traces back to Latin tolerare, meaning "to endure, put up with," and tolerare and tholian share a kinship with the Greek verb tlēnai, meaning "to bear." Unrelated to our featured word thole, there is another (also very old) thole, which can be used as a synonym of peg or pin, or can refer to either of a pair of pins set in the gunwale of a boat to hold an oar in place.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

2 hours ago, Wayne Gray said:

Ohhh ... look at what is at the top of the charts.

🙂  Go @MacGreg!

Dissonance Rises.gif

Thanks, Wayne. It's nice to see it there after such a long hiatus. I've had a few binge-readers in the past 48 hours, that feels good, too. Probably your prompting!

• Like 3
  • Love 2

3 minutes ago, Wayne Gray said:

Going for a nice walk with the husband.  Back later.  I hope you're all having a great start to the weekend.  🙂

is there a taco place where you walk? :gikkle:

either way, have fun!

Edited by mollyhousemouse
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..