The Drop in Centre

Mikiesboy

4 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

they're up now, 3 games to 2 i think

Yes... Game six is back in Toronto, and if the Leafs win, bye, bye Bruins. The Islanders knocked out the other team I hoped would not advance. Carolina needs to do better against the Caps.

• Like 3

• Site Moderator

Feck, I didn’t turn the furnace on (you know, it was a cold day and all, yesterday) before bed and the temp dropped to 19C/67F! 

Bundled now in a thick sweater, furnace is on (second year in a row for needing it on in April - ugh) and I’m drinking hot chocolate.  I hope me - especially my hands - warms up soon...

Have a great day everyone.... :) 

• Like 1
  • Love 2

54 minutes ago, dughlas said:

It's been a while, a long overdue ... g'day and blessed be y'all.

Morning, Dugh! Good to see you. :hug: 

Morning, everyone! Happy Saturday! And Happy Feast of Ostara weekend! Ready for them chocolate eggs!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Reader1810 said:

Feck, I didn’t turn the furnace on (you know, it was a cold day and all, yesterday) before bed and the temp dropped to 19C/67F! 

Bundled now in a thick sweater, furnace is on (second year in a row for needing it on in April - ugh) and I’m drinking hot chocolate.  I hope me - especially my hands - warms up soon...

Oof, cold. Get warm, Reader! ❤️ 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, Reader1810 said:

Hate to burst your warm little bubble Reader, but those numbers sound perfect to me!

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Thorn Wilde said:

Oof, cold. Get warm, Reader! ❤️ 

Really?  And here I thought you Scandanavians liked it a tad cooler! That is only 1*c lower than what we call room temp here!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Site Moderator
1 minute ago, Kitt said:

Hate to burst your warm little bubble Reader, but those numbers sound perfect to me!

Tell that to my hands, because they are cold and they hate being cold. Good thing I’m on my tablet, because finger pecking is all I’m good at right now. :P 

• Haha 3

15 minutes ago, Kitt said:

Really?  And here I thought you Scandanavians liked it a tad cooler! That is only 1*c lower than what we call room temp here!

18, 19°C is good for sleeping in, too cold for being awake in. Gotta have at least 20, and that one degree actually makes a big difference to me. :P 

EDIT: I should add that I like it cooler outside, but I don't like having to wear lots of clothes at home. :D 

Edited by Thorn Wilde
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Thorn Wilde said:

18, 19°C is good for sleeping in, too cold for being awake in. Gotta have at least 20, and that one degree actually makes a big difference to me. :P 

I prefer it down around 60*f (about 15*c) for sleeping, with a nice heavy comforter. Not so nice in case of midnight trips to the loo, but...

Hey, at least I have a newfangled thermostat that brings the room up to temp before my alarm goes off, and I am not an off-grid peep with an out house! Give me modern plumbing any day of the week!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Kitt said:

I prefer it down around 60*f (about 15*c) for sleeping, with a nice heavy comforter. Not so nice in case of midnight trips to the loo, but...

Hey, at least I have a newfangled thermostat that brings the room up to temp before my alarm goes off, and I am not an off-grid peep with an out house! Give me modern plumbing any day of the week!

That thermostat sounds handy. Only have electric heaters here. Also have a fireplace, but firewood is expensive so it's stood unused all winter.

We have no modern plumbing at our summer cabin. Just a hose that brings up groundwater. Just had a new outhouse built last summer, it's nice. :P 

Edited by Thorn Wilde
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Thorn Wilde said:

That thermostat sounds handy. Only have electric heaters here.

We have no modern plumbing at our summer cabin. Just a hose that brings up groundwater. Just had a new outhouse built last summer, it's nice. :P 

Outhouses in summer is one thing - in January they are a totally different thing!

edit to add

I am a camper, and any sourse of drinkable water other than a huge jerry can is an improvement, and I can deal with that - but at home I want the comforts!

Edited by Kitt
  • Like 2

Just now, Kitt said:

Outhouses in summer is one thing - in January they are a totally different thing!

Oh, I know. I've done that, too. Well, it was in March, not January, but still snowy weather. Not the greatest experience, but it was just for a weekend and I was drunk for most of it, anyway. :P 

• Like 1

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..