The Drop in Centre

Mikiesboy

9 hours ago, BHopper2 said:

What the Mayor is doing, is wrong on so many levels.

Sleep well, Mac.
We love you too.

what A said Sir

Edited by mollyhousemouse
dang tiny buttons
  • Like 3
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, mollyhousemouse said:

i'm trying! why is it, do you suppose, that the negative sticks harder than the positive?

Why? Because we think about negative things more, process them more, ruminate. While pleasant things we enjoy but do not over-think.  We have more words for negative things as well, than we do for positive experiences. 

• Like 1
  • Love 4

16 minutes ago, Wayne Gray said:

They are so cute...

Reveal hidden contents

Bunnies usually are!

Spoiler

Especially when it's a Blue Bunny bringing you Ice Cream.

• Love 1
  • Haha 3

• Site Moderator
12 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

no .. i've never published it anywhere ... it's called Of God and Angels ... it's my take on the theory that Michael is actually Jesus.

I’m with A (and whoever else might have chimed in), I’d love to read it. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

I’m with A (and whoever else might have chimed in), I’d love to read it. 

No one else .. you can read it.

• Like 4

• Site Moderator
12 hours ago, MacGreg said:

I thank you all for your comments about the homeless ordinance. I was once a "not in my backyard" person, even though I myself lived on the streets for a time. After some soul searching, I changed my mind. Criminalizing someone for being homeless is dehumanizing them, and if someone needs a place to rest their head, I won't be the person who says "not in my backyard." Not until the root causes of why they're homeless is addressed and positive actions put into play. The opposition to the ordinance was funded by big corps and city-funded businesses who don't want the ugliness of homelessness to tarnish our beautiful streets. At one point, police were confiscating blankets and sleeping bags right off of people, ordered by the mayor. 

I'll shut up now before I get reprimanded by admin.

The Avs lost. I'm going to bed. 

Love you all. 

No cause for reprimanding imo. As for blankets and such being confiscated? I read a news article about that (can’t remember where) happening in other cities. Seems quite cruel taking away a person’s only source of warmth if you ask me. 

• Love 5

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..