The Drop in Centre

Mikiesboy

3 hours ago, Thorn Wilde said:

Hi, DiC! Hope you’re all well.

Stay safe, @Fae Briona!

Rainfall total for here for the last 36hrs  was 7.50 in (19.05 cm) - some of the highest in the state.  Twelve confirmed tornadoes so far, but they're still counting and separating straight-line wind damage from week tornadoes. We got VERY lucky yesterday -- no monsters formed, and one of the longest tracked managed to wind itself between the rural communities in it's path instead of through them. Haven't heard any death / injury reports. Parts of town are still underwater this evening. And more chances of rain (though low) the next four days.

Edit:  just got this pic from a co-worker.  It's a major street on the South side of town, looking East.

123951.jpg

Edited by Fae Briona
Added photo
  • Wow 4
  • Sad 1

Morning, DiC! Hope you all have a good day. I have to drag my ass to choir practice tonight, as we have a gig tomorrow and I've got a solo. I epically don't want to, I still feel very ill (though I'm marginally better), but them's the breaks.

Take care, all!

• Like 3
  • Love 1

oh happy happy joy joy

Just got home a bit ago.  More severe storms in the state this afternoon. Small, isolated cells; small doesn't mean not dangerous, and isolated just increases the chance that they will start to spin. Spent 30 minutes in the basement of my Dr.'s walk-in clinic right after work due to a tornado nearby (I stopped by to get a breathing treatment for this congestion).  And this isn't even our wettest month -- that's next month.

He have, unfortunately, had one flooding death in this area -- because someone drove AROUND the road barriers put there to stop people from driving into the flood waters.  Not shockingly, their car stalled out. Unfortunately (but not unsurprising) the car floated off before Fire Rescue could get there.  They were able to recover the submerged car a bit later and retrieve the body.

DO NOT DRIVE AROUND ROAD BARRIERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It takes a lot less water to float a car -- or even a large truck -- than most people think.   And for the same rate of flow, if you double the depth of the water you quadruple it's force.  WATER IS HEAVY and can exert a LOT of pressure. 

• Like 1
  • Wow 3

• Site Moderator
9 minutes ago, Thorn Wilde said:

Been quiet in here today... Hope everyone's doing okay. ❤️ 

Sorry about the shitty weather, @Fae Briona. Hope it improves.

I'm off to bed now. Night!

Yes, it’s been quiet, but sometimes quiet is good. Good night Thorn... happy dreams :) 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

10 minutes ago, Thorn Wilde said:

Been quiet in here today... Hope everyone's doing okay. ❤️ 

Sorry about the shitty weather, @Fae Briona. Hope it improves.

I'm off to bed now. Night!

it has been quiet.  for my part, work has been a real struggle lately Thorn, so i'm usually wore out by the time i'm home.
you get some rest tonight, hoping you feel better soon 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Hi everyone.  Hope all is well.   I know I've been very quiet. Don't have much to say. 

Weather in ohio is bonkers as usual.  63F one day, nearly 90F two days later.  And POLLEN.  Lordy the POLLEN that is everywhere.  

• Like 5

55 minutes ago, Starrynight22 said:

Hi everyone.  Hope all is well.   I know I've been very quiet. Don't have much to say. 

Weather in ohio is bonkers as usual.  63F one day, nearly 90F two days later.  And POLLEN.  Lordy the POLLEN that is everywhere.  

hi Starry, hope that, despite the pollen you are doing well

• Like 4

• Site Moderator
57 minutes ago, Starrynight22 said:

hi Starry. The weather here has been bonkers as well. Have a good night. :) 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Starrynight22 said:

Let us know if you need anything. Feel better. I have seasonal allergies also ... I like Costco's own allergy tabs best.

• Like 5

7 hours ago, mollyhousemouse said:

it has been quiet.  for my part, work has been a real struggle lately Thorn, so i'm usually wore out by the time i'm home.
you get some rest tonight, hoping you feel better soon 

I hope work gets easier for you, molly. :hug: 

Morning, everyone! Cloudy and warm (well, warm for being here) today. Hope you all have a good day!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Thorn Wilde said:

Morning, everyone! Cloudy and warm (well, warm for being here) today. Hope you all have a good day!

Hope your gig (and solo) goes well today.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

• Site Moderator
6 hours ago, Thorn Wilde said:

Morning Thorn. It’s raining here and for some reason the roads and sidewalks in my area are a bit slippery which is making walking a bit treacherous. *sigh* 

• Sad 2

14 hours ago, Starrynight22 said:

Hello starry, the pollen is affecting everyone right now. Hope your allergies clear up soon.

• Like 4

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..