The Drop in Centre

Mikiesboy

1 minute ago, Thorn Wilde said:

So, I know you guys are all NHL and probably don’t care much about the world championships, but Finland just won the gold 3-1 against Canada and I’m pretty proud of my birth country right now. :D 🇫🇮:Steve2:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/finland-defeats-canada-for-gold-at-hockey-world-championship/2019/05/26/39741ef8-7ff8-11e9-b585-e36b16a531aa_story.html

That's awesome! 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, MacGreg said:

I'm sitting on my back porch watching the clouds form. 

I desperately miss thunderstorms.

Enjoy the show, Mac!

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Wayne Gray said:

I desperately miss thunderstorms.

Enjoy the show, Mac!

Watching thunderstorms roll in can be pretty -- being worried about getting swept to Oz not so much.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Fae Briona said:

Watching thunderstorms roll in can be pretty -- being worried about getting swept to Oz not so much.

No doubt there.

• Like 4

On 5/25/2019 at 7:48 AM, mollyhousemouse said:

it'll be a quiet for us today as well, i do hope the joint pain eases for you Fae

Joints have been behaving today. Should be calm here tonight and tomorrow for the first time in over a week.

The tornado that hit El Reno late last night has been rated and EF3 -- which is pretty **  strong for it being what should have been just a brief "spin-up" tornado. Some damage in other areas of OKC but El Reno was hit the hardest. Thankfully, the deaths haven't risen above 2; 29 injured. Night-time tornadoes are the worst.  :( The tornado was about 75 yards wide at its widest point and was on the ground for 2.2 miles. The tornado began around 10:28 p.m. and lasted four minutes.

When they start forming from a more classic "super-cell" you can have quite a bit of warning but the "spin-ups" are just that -- normally they're brief, week, and only last a few seconds at most.

• Wow 4

2 hours ago, MacGreg said:

Well, hats off to you, my friend. 

Thanks Mac. Same amount of classes and learning, but I think it shaves off about six or eight months.

I did get a few but won't be planting them right away. We're under a tornado watch at the moment. 

Stay safe, Mac.

I've done that a ton of times. Love watching storms, and seeing the natural power of nature.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

• Site Moderator

I did get a few but won't be planting them right away. We're under a tornado watch at the moment. 

Stay safe, Mac. 

• Like 3

Morning, DiC! Ended up getting up early cause I couldn't get back to sleep after Paul left for his induction at work this morning. Unlike me, but here we are. Have a good day, all! ❤️ 

• Like 4

14 hours ago, MacGreg said:

I hope you had a lovely view of the thunderheads forming, and maybe some lightning in the distance, but avoided anything severe.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

good morning Sirs and DiC family

coffee's on, sun is out, birds are singing, i think it'll be a good day 

Enjoy it, molly! ❤️ 

• Like 3

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..