The Drop in Centre

Mikiesboy

27 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

prices differ so much. when i was in Denver i was amazed at the price of gas,  it was 30 cents more a gallon, not too sure how other prices match up what i can tell You is i'm about to pay $1.82 for a 1/2 gallon of milk

$1.44 here; not too different

Severe Thunderstorm watch has been extended til 4am, and there have been tornadoes in the Western part of the state. We're supposed to be past this by now and just be having flooding rains.

Edited by Fae Briona
Edit: Night All
  • Like 5

4 minutes ago, Fae Briona said:

I have to try clothes on, unless I know the brand really well. Too tall and thin to fit easily.

there's one store that Phil likes their clothes for me, and i know the sizing so i can order online but He likes to shop for me so we mostly go to the brick and mortar store

2 minutes ago, Fae Briona said:

$1.44 here; not too different

no, that's not a big difference

3 minutes ago, Fae Briona said:

Severe Thunderstorm watch has been extended til 4am, and there have been tornadoes in the Western part of the state. We're supposed to be past this by now and just be having flooding rains.

it seems that it's unusually violent weather for this late
i hope you aren't woken by the tornado sirens in the middle of the night Fae

• Like 4

Time for this guy to disappear for a while again. Hope everyone is doing well, and that life is good for all of you.

This is something I recently shared with @Backwoods Boy about characters in a story, I've been Beta Reading for him off and on. However, after the events of the past few days, here in the Tampa Bay Metro Area, it's taken on a new meaning for me.

• Love 5

• Site Moderator
42 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

good night Sirs and friends
hope everyone is able to get a good nights sleep

Good night molly... happy dreams 

• Like 2
  • Love 2

• Site Moderator
3 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

He has Reader and has been to them. The other problem with them is they don't sell much casual stuff in them. And what they do isn't really what He wants. The place he orders from took his measurements and they find him clothes that fit properly.  Here nothing seems to fit right. He gets his neck size, but the sleeves are wrong. Here a pair of jeans is nearly $100 .. he can get them for $25 to $50 USD and we buy enough for free shipping to Canada and they sort the duty as well. He gets better clothes that he likes to wear this way.

It’s too bad he can’t find things locally, but good he did find a place that works. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Just now, MacGreg said:

Haha, yep. Although I'm a better rigger than that. Poor bear.

I did think that didn't look anything like what John does. They could have wrapped him up a bit more. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, MichaelS36 said:

I did think that didn't look anything like what John does. They could have wrapped him up a bit more. 

At least some square knots and cross hitching. Glad it was just a stuffed animal up there.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, MacGreg said:

At least some square knots and cross hitching. Glad it was just a stuffed animal up there.

Yeah, people don't realize what a skill that is.  

• Like 4

• Site Moderator
8 minutes ago, MichaelS36 said:

Yeah, I know that feeling. I was tall and thin until about that age then I grew a couple more inches and started to fill out. I used to get my dress shirts made because of my shoulders and upper arms.

He was really skinny when he shot up to 6’1” but he has filled out, so he matches his height more. He also refuses to eat any junk food now, so that’s probably helped. 

I’ve got the opposite problem being only 5’1”, so finding pants the right length is a bother. Oh, and I have short arm syndrome to boot, so a lot of times sleeves are too long - coats and shirts. 

• Like 5

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..