The Drop in Centre

Mikiesboy

2 hours ago, Reader1810 said:

Sounds like you and little will be having a great day tomorrow. As for me, I’ve got errands and decluttering to do. Wanna trade? 0:)

I am an expert declutterer.  Just get me to Canada and I'm your gal 

• Like 1
  • Love 3

Sirs and DiC friends 

GOOD MORNING 

My wish is that you had a great night and you have a Great Sunday

I want to share a thought with you as you start your day.

Experience life in all possible ways – good-bad, bitter-sweet, dark-light, summer-winter. Experience all the dualities. Don’t be afraid of experience, because the more experience you have, the more mature you become

Hi, How is your day?

• Like 2
  • Love 1

• Site Moderator

A pack rat I must be. Sorting through old papers - I did what seemed like a tonne’s worth early last year - and came across tax returns as far back as 1993. :blink:

I mean, really? :facepalm:

The shredder is going to be very, very busy...

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

A pack rat I must be. Sorting through old papers - I did what seemed like a tonne’s worth early last year - and came across tax returns as far back as 1993. :blink:

I mean, really? :facepalm:

The shredder is going to be very, very busy...

Way to go - sounds like you had a productive day.

• Like 3

Sirs and DiC friends 

GOOD MORNING 

My wish is that you had a great night and you have a Wonderful Monday 

I want to share a thought with you as you start your day.

Focus on your strengths, not your weaknesses.

Focus on your character, not your reputation.

Focus on your blessings, not your misfortunes

Hi, How is your day?

• Like 2

I've missed tim's word of the day, so here's one.

Organon (or-ɡə-nän)
Part of speech: noun
Origin: Greek, late 16th century

1. A tool or instrument used to gain knowledge
2. A set of guiding principles for a particular science, philosophy, or discipline

Examples of Organon in a sentence
"The internet was my organon of choice when doing research for school."
"The scientist abided by an organon of peer-reviewed documents, books, and studies to inform her work."

• Like 2
  • Wow 1

2 minutes ago, Kitt said:

Good morning all.

Has anyone heard from JP recently?  I miss him, and would like to know if he is ok.

A few weeks back, @MacGreg posted he left GA. I forget the reason why, if there was one given, but his profile now is FormerMember4. Haven't heard anything since then.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Brayon said:

A few weeks back, @MacGreg posted he left GA. I forget the reason why, if there was one given, but his profile now is FormerMember4. Haven't heard anything since then.

That was back in July, and I have not heard anything since then either.  Hoping he is well and happy.

• Like 2

• Site Moderator

Good afternoon everyone...

Pulled out the fridge for the first time to see what it looked like underneath it.

OMG, what a mess of dust dirt, bits of broken glas that I could have sworn hadn’t made it that far from the original break point. Oh well, the floor is now clean, and after a wee rest - the only way in and out of the kitchen was up and over the breakfast bar, so won’t forget to turn on the light first next time - I’ll put the fridge back. After all, being cut off from my milk supply can be tolerated for only so long...

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Sirs and friends 

This has been a strange day for me. A little background I have been looking for Dom for a while, the last one was a DUD. I found one and we were talking and we clicked same age, likes, experiences. We are having a face to face for coffee on Wednesday afternoon. Holding out good thoughts on this one.

Then I just get another message from another Dom, Steve that is wanting to talk and see what happens. This second one Pete is not close by. He does get into the area. 

The really weird part was my profile description was the absolute truth no holding back about my self warts and all telling them what I was hoping for. The first thing out of there mouth was “I liked your honest response”

So I guess being honest does pay. So I will let you all know what happens.

So how was your day?

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, rickproehl said:

Sirs and friends 

This has been a strange day for me. A little background I have been looking for Dom for a while, the last one was a DUD. I found one and we were talking and we clicked same age, likes, experiences. We are having a face to face for coffee on Wednesday afternoon. Holding out good thoughts on this one.

Then I just get another message from another Dom, Steve that is wanting to talk and see what happens. This second one Pete is not close by. He does get into the area. 

The really weird part was my profile description was the absolute truth no holding back about my self warts and all telling them what I was hoping for. The first thing out of there mouth was “I liked your honest response”

So I guess being honest does pay. So I will let you all know what happens.

So how was your day?

I certainly hope one of them is a good match for you. 

Just a Monday here.  Tomorrow its (one of) the last blast of heat before Autumn. Will be 91 by afternoon.   

Where can I live where it's nearly always sunny and 74? 

• Like 3

• Site Moderator
56 minutes ago, rickproehl said:

So how was your day?

You know some of my day from my post above. I was also shredding more old papers (including a tax return from ‘89 and credit card statements from ‘99 - should I be joining pack rats anonymous? :unsure: ) and now I am couch potatoing with cold brewed iced coffee. 

As for yourself, I hope everything works out well for you. :) 

• Like 3

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..