The Drop in Centre

Mikiesboy

Sleep Well, DIC...

Either I'm becoming a lightweight when it comes to booze... or I'm misremembering being able to handle my alcohol. Then again, I had three double shots whiskey, four beers, and a mudslide in celebrating a family friend's soon-to-be life sentence of marriage to his girl.

• Like 1
  • Wow 3

1 hour ago, MichaelS36 said:

What a sad way to look at marriage … it is nothing like a life sentence at all. 

Speaking from the 40 yr together mark, I agree!

• Like 5

14 hours ago, Brayon said:

Sleep Well, DIC...

Either I'm becoming a lightweight when it comes to booze... or I'm misremembering being able to handle my alcohol. Then again, I had three double shots whiskey, four beers, and a mudslide in celebrating a family friend's soon-to-be life sentence of marriage to his girl.

Uhhh. That sounds like a lot of alcohol.....not like lightweight at all. 

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Fae Briona said:

It's going to be nearly 80F today (almost 30F above normal) then nearly 20F below normal by Wed. and snowing.   <sigh> Joints are already unhappy.

And my early-sprouting daffodills are going to freeze. 

the yo-yoing temperatures is always difficult to deal with
could you cover the eager daffodil with an old sheet, perhaps?

• Like 2

6 hours ago, MichaelS36 said:

What a sad way to look at marriage … it is nothing like a life sentence at all. 

Just was quoting some playful teasing from the Best Man last night. It was a good party last night, with a lot of ribbing. I guess you could say it had all the stereotypical bachelor party gimmicks. 

I don't feel that way on the subject, nor do I see myself ever being married. I'm destined to pass alone, and I've accepted that.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Brayon said:

Just was quoting some playful teasing from the Best Man last night. It was a good party last night, with a lot of ribbing. I guess you could say it had all the stereotypical bachelor party gimmicks. 

I don't feel that way on the subject, nor do I see myself ever being married. I'm destined to pass alone, and I've accepted that.

Hmmm. It's one thing to say you'll die alone when you're old, you are not. 

• Love 3

1 hour ago, Brayon said:

Brayon 

never say never i always thought i would be alone but look at me. When the time is right he will walk in your life. You will not see it coming but leave your heart open and you will find each other. You have a good spirit and he is out there just waiting. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

14 hours ago, Fae Briona said:

It's going to be nearly 80F today (almost 30F above normal) then nearly 20F below normal by Wed. and snowing.   <sigh> Joints are already unhappy.

And my early-sprouting daffodills are going to freeze. 

Fae if you could get some mulch or straw to put around them that should protect them.

• Like 2

good morning

i took today off to get laundry done & anything alse that may have been missed while we were away. Phil said "you clever, lucky girl." as He was getting out of the car for His carpool this morning.

hope y'all have a good day!

• Like 2
  • Love 1

15 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

I’m sure I’m not the only one, but just knowing you makes me happy, tim. :) 

I second this one as well .  i thank my lucky stars the day i found this group. I’m sure this can be said by a lot of us. So yes tim you make all of us  feel happy so keep up the great work.

Edited by rickproehl
  • Like 3
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, mollyhousemouse said:

from 136 emails to 14, 2 meetings, did NOT eat at my desk for lunch, feeling good!

how's everyone here doing?

molly looks like you had a good day. 
my Morning was productive but the afternoon was nasty we lost power to 3/4 of the city. and it was all hands on deck. Making sure all back up system were working. So a word of advice if you have a local phone company find a old corded phone and leave it plugged you will have a phone when the power is off. If you have a old rotary phone be mean and give it to a kid to make a call. If you get you phone service over the internet this won’t work. Just a helpful tip. Power is back and all clean up calls made. So right now sitting by a fire drinking some apple cider.

how is your day going?

• Like 2

We got 3.4 inches of snow; parts of Oklahoma City broke record snowfall by 200%; campus was cancelled at 4:30am. We may get a dusting more later this evening.

On the upside, SP came over last night in anticipation this would happen and we had a lovely evening [and morning].

• Love 4

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..