The Drop in Centre

Mikiesboy

evening Sirs, evening all

hope you had a good day

i saw the eye doctor today, i'm clear to keep taking my medication for another year. developed a ghastly headache from the dialation & all the bright lights

so how is everyone doing?

Spoiler

one of the meds i'm on can cause eye issues so i have to see the eye doctor every year for scans, etc.

• Like 3
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

hope you had a good day

i saw the eye doctor today, i'm clear to keep taking my medication for another year. developed a ghastly headache from the dialation & all the bright lights

Reveal hidden contents

one of the meds i'm on can cause eye issues so i have to see the eye doctor every year for scans, etc.

I'm the news was good, sorry about the headache. 

• Love 5

Excuse me Good Sirs and DiC friends.

How has your day gone? 

Like the rest of the country we are getting ready to work from home.   

The city now feels cold and lonely. All the restaurants are now drive thru only. Get in line , place order , get order go home. Very little interaction with another person. i miss the smile of the clerk the friendly greeting of other customers. The stores that are open are crowded with everyone looking like this might be the last time they will get out. What i fear the most is that this is the new normal. What have we become  afraid of the unknown ? 

i hope that all the Good Sirs and DiC friends stay safe. So take care of your self. 

So my question is “Hi how is your Day?”

• Like 3
  • Wow 1
9 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

hope you had a good day

Reveal hidden contents

molly glad you news was good and you are given the Ok for another year. i like you dislike the drops they use. So take care.

• Like 3
  • Site Moderator

@mollyhousemouse glad to hear you’re eye appointment went well. 

@rickproehl The new normal (for not too long, I hope) is of varying degrees here. Public meeting/eating/entertainment areas are shutting down. Malls are currently still open, but with reduced (not by a lot mind you) hours. 

My driver’s license and health card are due to be renewed in April, so I plan on doing that tomorrow. My mom told me she read Service Ontario (provincial vs Federal which is Sercive Canada) offices would be closed as of tomorrow due to the virus. Luckily, she got the wrong, and it’s the city offices here in town that are closed. Thankfully, that was one ‘oh crap!’ I can rescind. 

Edited by Reader1810
  • Like 5
44 minutes ago, Starrynight22 said:

Sorry for being whiny.  

Trying to count my blessings.  Like. 

I have a job that even in worse case scenario I will go to and get paid for since its an essential healthcare function.  And starting tomorrow theure feeding us lunch daily!

And my family is healthy and has a house full of food, supplies and the internet for their amusement.  

How are y'all doing 

You are not whiny. And know you are with friends here. It is a difficult time, say what you need to.

• Like 2
  • Love 3
  • Site Moderator
15 minutes ago, MichaelS36 said:

tim is safe at home, working. We are both need out. Hopefully a walk at the very least tomorrow. 

Good to hear you both are safe, Mike. Looks like sunny weather for the next couple of days, so going for a walk sounds like a lovely idea. 

• Love 4
  • Site Moderator
1 hour ago, Starrynight22 said:

Sorry for being whiny.  

Trying to count my blessings.  Like. 

I have a job that even in worse case scenario I will go to and get paid for since its an essential healthcare function.  And starting tomorrow theure feeding us lunch daily!

And my family is healthy and has a house full of food, supplies and the internet for their amusement.  

How are y'all doing 

You are venting not whining, Starry, and that’s important to do that when you need to. What @MichaelS36 said is what you’ll find from all of us here. :hug: 

• Love 5

I can't believe some people STUPIDITY.  The state is systematically shutting everything down, implementing supply chain plans, etc. New York City has said a shelter in place order is being considered, yet our lesson program is only shutting down the beginners. Intermediate and advanced students capable of prepping their own horses are going to continue. Head of the program says she cannot afford to shut down. 

Interesting fact, beginners make up about 5% of her student base. They make up 100% of mine.

Can we say short sighted?

• Like 5

Excuse me Good Sirs and DiC friends.

How has your day going? 

My work is waiting on headsets for the laptops they are providing so we can start to work from home. So that should be first of next week. The training has been fast but good on the new soft phones. So all the phones need is a Wi-Fi connection and my I’m able to work. My work has stepped up and waived  disconnections for everyone for 2 months. So waiting like everyone else. 

So everyone take care and stay safe.

How is your day going? 

• Like 3

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..