The Drop in Centre

• Site Moderator
10 minutes ago, Carlos Hazday said:

Has GA been quieter than normal the last few days? I was expecting the opposite.

I don’t know about GA as a whole, but the DiC has been a little louder - in a good way, mind you - the last few days, imo. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
1 hour ago, Reader1810 said:

@Mikiesboy I’ll watch the exercise clip later. Right now I’m too busy couch potatoing with my hot chocolate-coffee. :P 

they are simple .. just stretches mainly .. especially good for those of us sitting at non ergonomic furniture... like the dining room table and chairs..

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Carlos Hazday said:

Has GA been quieter than normal the last few days? I was expecting the opposite.

it does seem quieter ..

• Like 2
  • Sad 2
1 hour ago, Fae Briona said:

It's already 2F below or normal high for the day (66F). We're going to hit 90F today and break the prior record by 5F.  Not a good sign for summer temps.

oh god.. i hate it when spring is just an early extension to summer .. i hope that doesnt happen here this year..

• Like 4

Hey everyone.

Been doing school work, during these #TogetherApart days. Started my lastest class this past Tuesday, The Science of Management. Counts as an Elective for my Accounting degree, but is a requirement for my AA. Also, it's the last class for my AA, so in four more weeks, I'll have my first college degree. Papers due every week, and this week I've got to do one on Jeff Bezos and Amazon. So, that's going to keep me busy.

Stay safe, stay healthy.

• Like 2
  • Love 3
43 minutes ago, Brayon said:

Hey everyone.

Been doing school work, during these #TogetherApart days. Started my lastest class this past Tuesday, The Science of Management. Counts as an Elective for my Accounting degree, but is a requirement for my AA. Also, it's the last class for my AA, so in four more weeks, I'll have my first college degree. Papers due every week, and this week I've got to do one on Jeff Bezos and Amazon. So, that's going to keep me busy.

Stay safe, stay healthy.

so proud of you A! Well Done!

• Like 2
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, Brayon said:

Hey everyone.

Stay safe, stay healthy.

Wow, is it that long already? That's great news.

• Love 3

This is cool:

Astronaut Chris Hadfield spent months as the commander of the International Space Station, so he knows a thing or two about spending long periods of time in isolation. "Confined spaces are almost entirely psychological," Hadfield told CBC's Heather Hiscox earlier today

"I think the real thing to do is to just look at the reality of where you are and the opportunities that you have and the way you can still be productive and interact and be mentally stimulated and just go with that. Stop worrying that it's different, and instead go with the reality of the new set of rules that you're living under."

Hadfield said time spent staying at home amid the outbreak presents a unique educational opportunity. "Right now, maybe for the first time in a long time, you've got some downtime, some opportunity to actually learn things," he said.

"And the internet — the way I'm communicating with you right now — right there at your fingertips is this expertise on unlimited subjects. Anything you've ever been curious about you can now dig into and really get it squared away in your mind."

• Like 1
  • Love 4
11 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

Wow, is it that long already? That's great news.

Thanks, tim. Yuppers, with the nonstop classes, plus the testing on real world experience for credit hours, I'm halfway to completion. 

• Like 4
  • Site Moderator
6 hours ago, Brayon said:

Hey everyone.

Stay safe, stay healthy.

Well done, A! 

• Love 4

Excuse me Good Sirs and DiC friends.

Good Evening how is everyone?

i always thought how great it would be to work from home. i now have a week in and i miss the office the getting out, catching up with co-workers. i’m glad to be working and getting paid there are a lot people who will not get a check. 

i know that this is for everyone’s safety and health. 

So how is everyone doing? 

Stay Safe ~ Stay Healthy ~ Check on your Neighbors ~ Be Kind

• Like 4
3 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

This is cool:

Astronaut Chris Hadfield spent months as the commander of the International Space Station, so he knows a thing or two about spending long periods of time in isolation. "Confined spaces are almost entirely psychological," Hadfield told CBC's Heather Hiscox earlier today

"I think the real thing to do is to just look at the reality of where you are and the opportunities that you have and the way you can still be productive and interact and be mentally stimulated and just go with that. Stop worrying that it's different, and instead go with the reality of the new set of rules that you're living under."

Hadfield said time spent staying at home amid the outbreak presents a unique educational opportunity. "Right now, maybe for the first time in a long time, you've got some downtime, some opportunity to actually learn things," he said.

"And the internet — the way I'm communicating with you right now — right there at your fingertips is this expertise on unlimited subjects. Anything you've ever been curious about you can now dig into and really get it squared away in your mind."

this is so cool!

thanks tim!

• Like 2
42 minutes ago, rickproehl said:

i always thought how great it would be to work from home. i now have a week in and i miss the office the getting out, catching up with co-workers. i’m glad to be working and getting paid there are a lot people who will not get a check. 

hey rick
good to hear that you are adjusting. our office has been using Microsoft Teams to do meetings and chats. in addition our manager reached out everyday to ask how we're doing and he set up a group in case anyone was needing something, we could all help out.
one thing i've noticed is i have a hard time with what day it is. all day yesterday i thought it was Thursday and i spent half the morning thinking it was Friday
it'll get better, not sure exactly when, but it will.
hang in there

• Like 3
  • Site Moderator
3 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

I like this. Thanks for sharing this with the rest of us, tim. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2
56 minutes ago, rickproehl said:

omg i hope never have to go back to the office .. i do not miss it.  i get more work done at home

• Like 2
  • Love 3
6 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

omg i hope never have to go back to the office .. i do not miss it.  i get more work done at home

I hope this experience opens companies up to the possibility of using more remote workers 

Many could benefit from it. 

• Like 5

Hubby's place just hit the dead spot because they can no longer get components, so he has been furloughed. Guaranteed work when things get back to normal, eligible for unemployment in the mean time. 

Mixed blessing. Good point, I am no longer climbing the walls alone all day.  Bad point, how long before we are driving each other batty?

• Like 4
2 minutes ago, Starrynight22 said:

I hope this experience opens companies up to the possibility of using more remote workers 

Many could benefit from it. 

We did have At Home Agents, but for Privacy reasons Audit doesn't like it. But we will see.

• Like 3
  • Site Moderator
11 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

That’s a good pitch to put to your boss, wouldn’t you say? 

• Like 3

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..