Less than a week to submit 2024 Anthology Entries ×

The Drop in Centre

Mikiesboy

• Site Moderator
14 minutes ago, Starrynight22 said:

We tested one of my residents last night for Covid19. No word back yet from the health department. 

I truly hope it's negative because the whole floor is exposed if not 

32 residents. Nearly 20 staff. 

%Ive got my fingers crossed. I hope the test is negative, Starry. 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, mollyhousemouse said:

that was a good read! thanks for sharing it! 

i like what the author had to say about the digital vs analog worlds.

Yes, i will be doing that today, when they shut off our power in the building between 1pm and 4pm. I will log on to work an hour's OT after that is done. i do not want to take a chance and fry my work laptop as they turn the power off and on. They have great timing these people.

At least they got the message that the gathering of the entire apartment building in the lobby for a fire alarm was a stupid idea. Thats 12 apartments per floor and 14 floors.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Starrynight22 said:

We tested one of my residents last night for Covid19. No word back yet from the health department. 

Oh crap ... fingers crossed for you all xoxxo

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Starrynight22 said:

fingers crossed here too Starry

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Starrynight22 said:

Finger cross and hoping for a negative results take care Starry 

• Like 3

We hit 91F today [avg high is 69F]; tomorrow it will be closer to normal at 65F but a 25F shift in temps is killing my joints.

Stay healthy everyone. SP just left to go to work at a big-box store. I'm starting to worry for him (and me) every time he leaves for work. 😢

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Starrynight22 said:

Bad storms tonight.  Now they're headed right at Rick.  Hope he's safe. 

we lost power (3 hours) for most of the storms. not sure was concerned more the dogs or my brother. We sat watch the lighting and heard the rain and thunder. When daylight comes will have to check for damage. So take care Starry and thanks for thinking of me. 

so you and your Mom doing ok? 

i understand this social isolation but wished it was over. 
going to get a few hours of sleep 

so Good Sirs and friends sleep well 

• Like 4

It was snowing this morning ... i am grateful i do not need to go out in that crap!!!   It won't last or snow much, but it was a surprise out the kitchen window...

• Like 1
  • Love 3

9 hours ago, mollyhousemouse said:

good night Sirs, good night DiC
i'm unplugging from the digital world and rejoining the analog for a bit
i took a book from Daughter's shelf, Flight of the Nighthawks, by Raymond Feist. i'll let y'all know how it is

rest well

Read that one a while back. I thought it was pretty darn good.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, Carlos Hazday said:

Yesterday, I was lazy and didn't get much done.
Today I feel energetic, I will accomplish more.

:P

Morning, everyone,

Morning, C.  i do not feel like working today ... but i will.  i suppose i should go and get dressed and make a coffee.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

Morning, C.  i do not feel like working today ... but i will.  i suppose i should go and get dressed and make a coffee.

Get dressed? To work from home? We don't need no stinking pants. LOL

Might be a tad colder in Toronto; we're having record highs down here. Less clothing's indicated.

Morning, bud. Grocery run this morning. I want to be there at 8 when they open. Had coffee and sprayed my mask with Lysol already. Hung it up to dry so it'll be ready when I brave the grocery store.

• Like 5

Just now, Carlos Hazday said:

Get dressed? To work from home? We don't need no stinking pants. LOL

Might be a tad colder in Toronto; we're having record highs down here. Less clothing's indicated.

Morning, bud. Grocery run this morning. I want to be there at 8 when they open. Had coffee and sprayed my mask with Lysol already. Hung it up to dry so it'll be ready when I brave the grocery store.

Michael will go to the store. Aannnnd it is snowing here ... actual snow. It's very cool this morning and i dont want to sit around in no pants... that will happen in July!  Sweats today... at least till later when it warms up some. 

have a good one, C ... be careful out there.

• Love 5

• Site Moderator
27 minutes ago, Carlos Hazday said:

Yesterday, I was lazy and didn't get much done.
Today I feel energetic, I will accomplish more.

:P

Morning, everyone,

Good morning, Carlos. I left quite the pile for you to find, so it’s a good thing the Energizer bunny decided to share this morning. ;)

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

Good morning, Carlos. I left quite the pile for you to find, so it’s a good thing the Energizer bunny decided to share this morning. ;)

You made me smile this morning.Waiting for the market to open, I'll finish with you when I return home

• Like 3

3 hours ago, rickproehl said:

we lost power (3 hours) for most of the storms. not sure was concerned more the dogs or my brother. We sat watch the lighting and heard the rain and thunder. When daylight comes will have to check for damage. So take care Starry and thanks for thinking of me. 

so you and your Mom doing ok? 

i understand this social isolation but wished it was over. 
going to get a few hours of sleep 

so Good Sirs and friends sleep well 

The social isolation is hard for sure. But it will be awhile yet.  But we can get through it. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..