Less than a week to submit 2024 Anthology Entries ×

Open Club  ·  139 members  ·  Free

Headstall's Paddock

CoTT 2 House of Cards

Kitt

• Site Administrator
4 minutes ago, Marty said:

Hi, gang! :hug:

Can't stay long, but I thought I'd pop in quickly to share this image that myself and TN managed to capture yesterday on my travels not too far from home...

48490691191_431e4b75f6_o.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

Benwiskin Mountain

Viewed from the Gleniff Horseshoe Road, County Sligo, Ireland.

Standing 514 meters (1,686 feet) above sea level, with its stunning profile often likened to a breaking wave, this gem of a mountain lies at the northern end of a lengthy broad topped ridge forming one leg of the Gleniff horseshoe. Views from the summit are spectacular.

0:)

Hey, Marty :glomp:  Beautiful pic!  

• Like 3
  • Love 2

Just now, Valkyrie said:

We had intermittent thunderstorms all day, but it's sunny out now.  The storms brought a cold front, so tomorrow's high temp is in the low 70s.  :D  

We had a brief thundershower this afternoon, barely dampened things before it cleared. We're waiting on the cold front to pass through here.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, dughlas said:

Things are improving thank you Page. I have a relative that lives somewhere in the part of Michigan where you're on vacation. He's my cousin's son and I forget exactly where he and his wife live other than it's on a lake, not Lake Michigan but close, across from Milwaukee.

Glad to hear it, Dugh.   :hug:  As for your cousin, I'd wager he's probably in Grand Haven, which is a bit to the north of us, presently.

5 hours ago, dughlas said:

Thank you. Sadly, I must report that today's serving was the last of the quiche. I'd purchased it on Monday split it into thirds. A third for lunch Monday, a third before crashing on Tuesday and the last today. I forgot to mention it also contained shredded potato. It was very good. I'm sure you would have enjoyed it. 

We ate at The Butler for lunch today. I had the maple bacon burger. Cheddar cheese, bacon, and crispy onion straws, with a maple-bacon glaze. Served on a pearl-sugar waffle, of all things. It was very tasty.   :D

Morgan had the same as me, Remy had a pub burger (beer cheese spread, bacon, and beer-steamed onions), and Rory had a lobster grilled cheese sandwich. Mickey had the Horseradish Peppercorn burger: Pepper Jack cheese, A1 steak sauce, bacon, lettuce, tomato, crispy onions, and a horseradish peppercorn sauce. Served on a pretzel bun. Remy said "You're not kissing me until you've brushed your teeth AND used mouthwash!"   :lol:

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Page Scrawler said:

Glad to hear it, Dugh.   :hug:  As for your cousin, I'd wager he's probably in Grand Haven, which is a bit to the north of us, presently.

Actually, Grand Haven sounds rather familiar so I believe you're correct.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

10 minutes ago, Albert1434 said:

The Mermaid looks good to bit pricey

Yeah, the pictures on their website look delicious, but there's no menu available to peruse. Maybe we'll check it out some other day.

3 minutes ago, Albert1434 said:

How long are you staying there Page?

Until the end of August.   :yes:

• Like 2
  • Love 1

9 minutes ago, Albert1434 said:

Sure looks like a great place for a great vacation :yes:

Yeah, it is. After dining out for breakfast and lunch today, I thought we'd have dinner at the house tonight. Grilled pork chops with salt-and-pepper roasted potatoes. We even had mac and cheese baked in a disposable aluminum pan.   :D

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..