Less than a week to submit 2024 Anthology Entries ×

Open Club  ·  139 members  ·  Free

Headstall's Paddock

CoTT 2 House of Cards

Kitt

• Site Administrator
1 hour ago, aditus said:

Good morning! I just sent Val two prompts to edit. :DI'm so curious what she thinks.

I can't wait to read them :D 

• Like 5

10 hours ago, Page Scrawler said:

Yeah, I bet it was cold.   😀

The weather was pleasant. Kipp and his brother and sister (our foster/adopted kids) never been to the Northeast. They couldn't  believe the schools didn't have the nicknames like they have down here. For instance, a school here has the name (Webb Elementary) under it it says, The home of the spiders. Up in the Northeast, they just have the name of the school. The elementary schools in the Northeast don't have athletic teams.

Does Michigan's school open after Labor Day?

• Like 4

12 hours ago, BabyXander1990 said:

Thank you, I'll be here all week...

Reveal hidden contents

Unless you throw rotten tomatoes at me...

Reveal hidden contents

Then I know I'm not wanted...

You could be at that Spanish tomato festival :P

• Haha 4

9 hours ago, Headstall said:

Does anyone really understand cats? :P 

:no: they are worse than humans, way too confusing

Edited by Bucket1
Spelling is over rated
  • Haha 5

3 minutes ago, dughlas said:

G'day y'all. Head still aches. I should like to cry. We did manage a shortened walk. I had to get out and move for the sake of my psyche. Now we're resting. I have a massage scheduled for 11am. Hopefully that will at least loosen some of the tension in my neck and shoulders. The dear pup is particularly cuddlesome. 

:hug:

• Like 3
  • Love 1

On 8/9/2019 at 4:42 PM, Valkyrie said:

I grew up in the Girl Scouts.  I started as a Brownie and went all the way through Seniors.  I even earned my Gold Award, which is the equivalent to Eagle Scout.  A big part of that was camping and learning how to cook using a campfire.  A lot of what you describe sounds quite similar to what we did.  I'll never forget a camping trip I took in college with my roomie and a friend of hers.  We hiked up and down one of the Adirondacks (the name escapes me at the moment) and camped along the way.  The first day was rainy and drizzly and cold and just generally miserable.  After almost a full day of hiking, we encountered a scout troop who had already set up camp.  The leader offered us a hot beverage and we gratefully accepted.  It was some sort of hot apple cider drink and it tasted like heaven.  I wish I had the recipe, although I suspect it wouldn't taste as good without the specific circumstances we were under. 

In our (Dennis and me) boys scout troop, the running joke was: 'I got kicked out of scouting, for eating a brownie'. 😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Wow 1

3 hours ago, dughlas said:

G'day y'all. Head still aches. I should like to cry. We did manage a shortened walk. I had to get out and move for the sake of my psyche. Now we're resting. I have a massage scheduled for 11am. Hopefully that will at least loosen some of the tension in my neck and shoulders. The dear pup is particularly cuddlesome. 

I hope the massage gives you relief, bro. :hug:  :hug:  :hug: 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

47 minutes ago, dughlas said:

May I be the first to say he's lovely and mine.

He's nice looking but I'm sending him to you with orders to give massages and TLC (however you see fit ;) ) until you feel better :hug:

Edited by clochette
  • Love 4
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Headstall said:

Hey, Tink. :hug: Okay, okay... I'll buy a damn camera and become one of those people who post cat pictures. :P 

Oooh kitten got claws! :rofl: I'm pretty sure you've already took lots of pics of those kitties ;)

And hey to you too Sexy Lumberjack :hug:

• Haha 4

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..