Open Club  ·  136 members  ·  Free

Headstall's Paddock

CoTT 2 House of Cards

Kitt

2 hours ago, clochette said:

Why are you putting the dessert with the meat and veggies?!! :facepalm: :P

Pork chops and applesauce is a classic food pairing, going back to the 1890's. We roast the apples in the oven, and then mash two-thirds of them with the potato masher. The rest of the apples are added after.

I think some recipes finish the chops by baking them in the oven, with the applesauce spooned over the top. The acid in the fruit keeps the meat tender and moist, so it doesn't dry out.   :)

• Like 5
50 minutes ago, Page Scrawler said:

Pork chops and applesauce is a classic food pairing, going back to the 1890's. We roast the apples in the oven, and then mash two-thirds of them with the potato masher. The rest of the apples are added after.

I think some recipes finish the chops by baking them in the oven, with the applesauce spooned over the top. The acid in the fruit keeps the meat tender and moist, so it doesn't dry out.   :)

I'll let it slide for that one. In France it's common to eat apple sauce with black pudding or something looking like it, usually in winter :puke:

• Haha 4
On 10/1/2019 at 6:31 PM, Albert1434 said:

Tonight I am serving

BBQ Onion-Crusted Strip Steak with loaded sweet potato wedges:yes:

Https%3a%2f%2fasset.homechef.com%2fuploads%2fmeal%2fplated%2f6254%2f6254bbqsirloinwithcrispyonions ecomm  1 of 1  19cc438298bd1e793eb796a0e71e3959 19cc438298bd1e793eb796a0e71e3959.jpg?ixlib=rails 1.1

Had to do Mommy duties today. We went to DQ, since we had figure skating (Ash and our foster daughter), hockey (youngest foster son) and shopping...Dennis got stuck remodeling his friend's rooming house (Remodeled Kitchen and bathroom) before code enforcement visit tomorrow. Dennis just got home. Brand new cabinets, granite countertops and new sink in the kitchen and new tile in the bathroom, with new window. I love being the 'mommy'... 😊

• Like 2
  • Love 1
28 minutes ago, clochette said:

I'll let it slide for that one. In France it's common to eat apple sauce with black pudding or something looking like it, usually in winter :puke:

I think pork chops are much more appetizing than blood sausage.   :P

• Haha 4

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..