Open Club  ·  141 members  ·  Free

Headstall's Paddock

CoTT 2 House of Cards

Kitt

32 minutes ago, Headstall said:

Hey, Tink. :hug:  It's stalled where it has been for a while... probably about 70% of normal.

That's not so bad :hug:

• Like 5

29 minutes ago, Marty said:

Here's the fourth of my weekly challenge to take a new black and white photograph every week for 52 weeks. It's a different view of the old cottage from week 1.

49814943901_5d79d67981_b.jpg

I absolutely adore this building. I can picture a lot of (red) flowers... potted geraniums maybe... along the front and in the planter on the side. :)  I hope you are leaving that ivy on the corner. 

• Haha 5

4 minutes ago, Albert1434 said:

Bougainvillea would be nice

Image result for picture of bougainvillea  Image result for picture of bougainvillea

Just Googled that, Albert. It looks really nice, but it seems it isn't really hardy enough for the Irish climate.

Here's what I read on the website of an Irish garden centre:

"Bougainvilleas are best grown in a greenhouse or conservatory in a spot that gets at least 5-6 hours of bright indirect light."

Later it says:

"Bougainvilleas can survive winter temperatures of down to 2°C (35°F), although they will drop their leaves once the temperature falls below 10°C (50°F)."

So it certainly wouldn't survive a typical Irish winter. :/ 

• Like 2
  • Wow 1
  • Sad 1

I'm away to my bed, gang. :hug:

I'm tired. I started breaking new ground in the upper garden today for my planned vegetable plot. I found it hard going, turning over what is effectively virgin ground. I'm not as young as I was the last time I did that (about 33 years ago), and wasn't even sure I would be able for it at my age. But I'm managing, just not as quickly as I once would have done. I think having a really good, stainless steel spade helped. I bought it about 25 years back. It was expensive, but well worth the money. I reckon it will take me maybe another three or four days digging before I can start planting my potatoes, peas, beans, and other vegetables. But I'll be happy to be be growing some of my own food again.

Chat yous all again on the morrow! :) 

• Love 5

25 minutes ago, Drew Espinosa said:

Hey, Pagey! :hug: Just watching a show on Viki (it's a streaming website that hosts Asian dramas). 

Look @Valkyrie! I have my own lickspittle. :P 

Aloha Gorgeous! :hug: 

Hi Marty! :hug: I am, and the same goes for you all. :kiss: 

Mischief? From your angelic brother? 0:) 

I don't know what you're talking about. -_- 

Hey, Handsome! :hug: 

Howdy Sexy! :hug: 

I am no one Lickspittle and I revoke and change it to Aloha Drew :rofl:

• Haha 5

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..