Open Club  ·  136 members  ·  Free

Headstall's Paddock

CoTT 2 House of Cards

Kitt

2 hours ago, Marty said:

Happy Wednesday, everyone! :hug:

happy-wednesday-8.jpg

Well it looks as though the rain is settling in for the day. Currently just after 1pm here, and the temperature is a lot lower today than recently. Currently around 7°C (45°F), but feeling only about 2°C (36°F) with no sun to warm the day. The high is expected to be around 11°C (51.8°F). Not really expecting a huge amount of rain; forecast is for around 14mm (half an inch) in total for today and tomorrow, which will be enough to (a) water the garden, and (b) put a temporary halt to me turning more ground in the vegetable plot. I'm hoping to get the onion sets planted either today or tomorrow - if only because the advice is that they should be planted by the end of April if they are to yield a good crop. The seed potatoes aren't so critical, so can wait another week or so. We can expect late frosts up to the first of June, and that could kill any potato shoots and put them back anyway.

I'm currently moving some of the larger and/or heavier items of mine from the rented accommodation to the new place. Some of them can be carried round. Some will fit in the car. There's a brand new colour A3 printer that I bought myself for Xmas currently in the car waiting to go round. It's never even been taken out of the box yet, and it only just fit on the back seat (it's a hatchback, so I could have dropped the back seats if necessary). There may be one or two items that I will need help carrying round, but the house was rented fully furnished, so I don't have to be moving heavy items of furniture. It's getting time to give my landlord his month's notice of me ending the tenancy agreement. I may leave that another week or so, as I really need to get the last of my own stuff moved first, and then give the house a thorough cleaning.

Hey, Marty! :hug: The weather is about the same here. I look forward to updates on your move... it's exciting. :D 

• Like 2
  • Love 3
28 minutes ago, Page Scrawler said:

I saw an episode of Barefoot Contessa where Ina Garten prepared a Capón (gelding rooster), so they are, in fact, edible.   :yes:

That chicken was neutered when young and so as you put it edible however the ones I am talking about have all there body parts:blink::rofl:

And you would need to boil the hell out of it:yes::rofl:

Edited by Albert1434
  • Haha 5
7 minutes ago, dughlas said:

Capon are emasculated roosters and are usually slaughtered at a young age so are more tender than Albert ... er, uhm, I mean Albert's neighbors roosters. Those roosters however are also edible they just would either need soaking in buttermilk to tenderize them or braising in wine, coq au vin, rather than roasting.

Its so sad Dughlas that you don't understand jokes very well do you :rofl:

• Wow 3

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..