Open Club  ·  141 members  ·  Free

Headstall's Paddock

CoTT 2 House of Cards

Kitt

56 minutes ago, raven1 said:

Good Morning Page!:hug:What are you doing up so early on the weekend?  

Preparing to take Max to the library. We both want to get some good books to read.  :)

• Love 5

13 minutes ago, clochette said:

City people coming to live in the countryside then suing neighborhood people because roosters are making noises

I hope they get laughed out of court....  :gikkle:

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, clochette said:

The opposite problem has rised in france the last few years. City people coming to live in the countryside then suing neighborhood people because roosters are making noises or farm for the smell... :rolleyes: where do they think the dairy products and eggs they'd get at fancy farmer markets in the city were coming from?!

We have the same problem with people's lack of awareness here in the States.  Especially New Yorkers, who seem to think the universe revolves around their city, and they have all kinds of opinions about rural areas and yet don't seem to grasp that's where their food comes from.  So annoying.  

• Love 5

2 hours ago, Bucket1 said:

That would never happen here :X

We had a housing estate built near(ish) to the local prison and people complained that the lights were on all night :o

:rofl:  Hey, brother B. :hug: 

• Love 4

13 minutes ago, Headstall said:

I went to a town meeting about fifteen or twenty years ago because of the wells they were drilling down the road from me for the new town water supply, and a woman stood up and complained about the smell from a nearby farm when they spread their manure on the fields. She demanded it be stopped... that it was affecting her health and surely there must be 'better smelling' fertilizer they could use. The entire group of about 150 people burst out laughing. We all laughed for a while and she stormed out after someone called her a city slicker that should go back where she came from. Much of the crowd clapped. It was ridiculous, and hard to feel sorry for her. :) 

:rolleyes: Idiot! A bad smell for a few days is better than chemicals in the veggies and the soil for years and for her health too! 

• Love 5

14 minutes ago, Headstall said:

Happy Saturday, all! 

Pin on Hot guys Красивые мужики Hombres guapos

Oh nice! You've just made my Saturday evening a hundred time better ;) 

How is your weekend going so far my Sexy Lumberjack? :hug:

• Love 4

2 minutes ago, clochette said:

:rolleyes: Idiot! A bad smell for a few days is better than chemicals in the veggies and the soil for years and for her health too! 

The smell is only strong while it's being spread and for a few hours afterward unless they spread it over a couple of days. Hog manure is way worse than cattle manure, but they only spread it once a year.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, clochette said:

Oh nice! You've just made my Saturday evening a hundred time better ;) 

How is your weekend going so far my Sexy Lumberjack? :hug:

So far, so good. I had my son come up and catch a giant spider from the guest bedroom last night. He caught it in a plastic mix glass with a really wide opening... and took it outside. It was gigantic!

• Haha 3
  • Wow 2

1 hour ago, Headstall said:

So far, so good. I had my son come up and catch a giant spider from the guest bedroom last night. He caught it in a plastic mix glass with a really wide opening... and took it outside. It was gigantic!

Oh wow what a hero! Clueless Movie Aww GIF by filmeditor

You wouldn't happened to have a spare one for me, do you? ;)

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, Headstall said:

I went to a town meeting about fifteen or twenty years ago because of the wells they were drilling down the road from me for the new town water supply, and a woman stood up and complained about the smell from a nearby farm when they spread their manure on the fields. She demanded it be stopped... that it was affecting her health and surely there must be 'better smelling' fertilizer they could use. The entire group of about 150 people burst out laughing. We all laughed for a while and she stormed out after someone called her a city slicker that should go back where she came from. Much of the crowd clapped. It was ridiculous, and hard to feel sorry for her. :) 

:rofl:

• Haha 3

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..