Open Club  ·  141 members  ·  Free

Headstall's Paddock

CoTT 2 House of Cards

Kitt

8 minutes ago, Bucket1 said:

No change for Dad but it looks like it’s all through the facility. Some of his neighbours are quite frail. He is not picking up his phone but that’s not unusual so we are communicating via text

Well that encouraging. Keeping fingers crossed for him and the other people :hug:

• Love 5

1 hour ago, Albert1434 said:

Wow it was 122F/50c in Death Valley 114F/46C Phoenix 109 F (43 C) Los Vegas Here Bucket you want heat I would gladly sent you some:yes:

Or as they say in Phoenix, a standard Summer/early "Fall" day...

I spent a couple of years in the Maricopa Valley , and it's like that all the time.  People from the lower portions of the midwest or the south would say "oh but it's a dry heat, you don't have the humidity there."  Yeah, go outside when it's ten or twenty degrees over 100F... Oh sure the air is dry, like walking into an over, but you're not REMOTELY dry.  Unless you are which means get inside fast cause you could be experiencing heat exhaustion and you're in danger (happened to me my first summer there).  

Also there is humidity in the air when the massive dust storms followed by what they called monsoons there would blow in.  Lots of sporadic rain storms where you could just watch the water massively pound down for like a minute and then abruptly stop and do that on and off.  It literally looked like someone hit the on off switch for the storm over and over again.  Finally it would settle into a large downpour, sometimes with enough water to flood the streets, lots of lightning.  Yeah it would drop the temperature down to normal levels for a bit, but of course with humidity.  

Yeah living in the desert in the summer was no joke.   

• Love 2
  • Wow 3

Well, Max has everything packed up for his trip. Tomorrow, he'll be leaving for his Summer Intensive program for the next two weeks.  

I have no idea how I'm going to handle it while he's gone.  :(

• Like 2
  • Fingers Crossed 2

4 hours ago, Albert1434 said:

Wow it was 122F/50c in Death Valley 114F/46C Phoenix 109 F (43 C) Los Vegas Here Bucket you want heat I would gladly sent you some:yes:

That is a bit toasty… happy to take a few degrees to make it more pleasant here and there :hug:

• Haha 5

8 hours ago, Bucket1 said:

Ah yes that slap on the face as you go from air conditioning to hot hot hot

I remember the day the thermostat broke at work, 18C inside and over 40C outside :o

People went outside to defrost and then had heat stroke :P

Yeah slap in the face exactly B.  And if there's wind it's like mother nature was slapping you in the face and searing your eyeballs :no:

I spent the entirely of my childhood right on the edge of the Mojave Desert, and high 90s in the hottest part of the summer was normal.  But the actual heat in the heart of a desert like that is just a different animal.  Some people live in it their entire lives, but I did those 2 years and that was enough for me. 

Edited by spike382
  • Wow 3
  • Sad 2

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..