Open Club  ·  136 members  ·  Free

Headstall's Paddock

CoTT 2 House of Cards

Kitt

1 hour ago, dughlas said:

G'day y'all. Overcast and dreary today.

G'day, Dugh!!! :hug:  Hope it'll get better. ^_^

Speaking of dreary... Outlander is tonight. :,( Be a buddy and do me a favor. Grab Jamie and take him to an even faraway land. Please? I promise doughnuts as a reward. 🍩 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
8 minutes ago, bignick said:

G'day, Dugh!!!   Hope it'll get better. 

Speaking of dreary... Outlander is tonight.  Be a buddy and do me a favor. Grab Jamie and take him to an even faraway land. Please? I promise doughnuts as a reward. 🍩 

The season's final was last week :,( I read the new one should be out early 2020! :o :( 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Sad 1
3 hours ago, dughlas said:

Just do basic prep and have them help finish. There's no reason you should do everything. Mickey already cooks his friends can learn too. Many hands make light the work. Maybe you could teach them to clean and do laundry.

I love it when Mickey does the laundry.  :D  But my stomach enjoys it more when he cooks.  :gikkle:

2 hours ago, dughlas said:

G'day y'all. Overcast and dreary today.

Morning, Dugh, Mum, and Thistle.  :hug: *scratches for the pup*

2 hours ago, clochette said:

Happy Sunday all! 

The sky is turning grey but so least it's dry.

I planted my seed this morning! Let's the magic begin!

Hey, Clo.  :hug: I thought I'd plant some radishes this year.  :)

2 hours ago, bignick said:

Good morning, Val!!! :hug:   So, the choices are: metal, metal or wood? :huh: How about if we order a pizza instead?  :gikkle:

Hey, Nickypooh.  :hug:  :kiss:  

1 hour ago, Valkyrie said:

Good morning!  I got up bright and early... well, early at any rate... and went grocery shopping :D  So my fridge, freezer, and pantry are fully stocked.  :D  Now to decide what to make for dinner... so many choices!  

Morning, Val!  :hug: Since it's game day, I'm making lil smokies with bourbon-peach BBQ sauce, bacon-wrapped mac and cheese muffins, Parmesan roasted baby potatoes, loaded nachos, coleslaw, and chili Verde. I know that sounds like a lot of food, but Mickey's friends are coming over, and so are the in-laws.  :gikkle:

1 hour ago, Albert1434 said:

Aloha All :kiss::hug:

Hey, Bertie.  :hug:  :kiss:

• Like 3
  • Love 2
45 minutes ago, Page Scrawler said:

Hey, Clo.  I thought I'd plant some radishes this year. 

Hiya Pagey :hug: 

Radishes are easy to plant and quick to grow.

I've got so much plans for the garden this year but I'm afraid we'll run out of space :unsure: Dad's already complaining that between the greenhouse and the multiple pots around the biggest terrace there's no more space to move around :rolleyes: 

In a couple of weeks we'll bought a young raspberry plant that'll be suppose to fruit this summer.

I wanted to grow watermelons but I'm afraid the temps won't be warm enough around here and it need a lot of space so I'll see. I had gift my brother a kit with seeds so I might plant them anyway and see how it goes just for the fun. 

I kept seeds of green beans, zucchini and mini pumpkins but those 2 last need space too. 

We'll grow cherry tomatoes of course and spinach. Plus we'll have the hundred of strawberry pants hanging on the wall around the garden and pots who will fruits! I saw with the not too cold weather we had this winter they're starting to make new little leaves at their center!

Edited by clochette
  • Like 2
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Page Scrawler said:

Hey, Nickypooh.  :hug:  :kiss:  

Hey, Pagey!!! :kiss:  :hug:

2 hours ago, clochette said:

I've got so much plans for the garden this year but I'm afraid we'll run out of space :unsure:

🤔 Well, there's always the garage. But I'm sure your Dad won't be thrilled with the idea. Plus the lack of sunlight will make impossible to grow anything. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
6 hours ago, clochette said:

Happy Sunday all! 

The sky is turning grey but so least it's dry.

I planted my seed this morning! Let's the magic begin!

If I said I'd planted my seed this morning y'all would want to know who he was. Sadly, there was no planting this or any other morning.

Edited by dughlas
  • Wow 1
  • Sad 2
50 minutes ago, bignick said:

Well, there's always the garage. But I'm sure your Dad won't be thrilled with the idea. Plus the lack of sunlight will make impossible to grow anything. 

:gikkle: if only, the garage has been reduced a few years ago to create the laundry room and what's left is full with the bikes, a few diy stuff and craps mom brought from her parents and aunt's houses :rolleyes:

• Haha 5
3 hours ago, clochette said:

Hiya Pagey :hug: 

Radishes are easy to plant and quick to grow.

I've got so much plans for the garden this year but I'm afraid we'll run out of space :unsure: Dad's already complaining that between the greenhouse and the multiple pots around the biggest terrace there's no more space to move around :rolleyes: 

In a couple of weeks we'll bought a young raspberry plant that'll be suppose to fruit this summer.

I wanted to grow watermelons but I'm afraid the temps won't be warm enough around here and it need a lot of space so I'll see. I had gift my brother a kit with seeds so I might plant them anyway and see how it goes just for the fun. 

I kept seeds of green beans, zucchini and mini pumpkins but those 2 last need space too. 

We'll grow cherry tomatoes of course and spinach. Plus we'll have the hundred of strawberry pants hanging on the wall around the garden and pots who will fruits! I saw with the not too cold weather we had this winter they're starting to make new little leaves at their center!

Have you considered growing your zucchini and mini pumpkins vertically on netting? Take up far less space on the ground plus they are easier to harvest. Also, train the watermelon vine to grow in a circle rather letting them spread out across the garden. You also try growing then vettically too. You just need to build a heavy frame system and make a sling for each of the fruits to support them.

• Like 3
  • Love 2
10 minutes ago, dughlas said:

If I said I'd planted my seed this morning y'all would want to know who he was. Sadly, there was no planting this or any other morning.

That's exactly what I was thinking re reading it now :gikkle:

• Haha 5
4 minutes ago, dughlas said:

Have you considered growing your zucchini and mini pumpkins vertically on netting? Take up far less space on the ground plus they are easier to harvest. Also, train the watermelon vine to grow in a circle rather letting them spread out across the garden. You also try growing then vettically too. You just need to build a heavy frame system and make a sling for each of the fruits to support them.

That's what I read online too. I'll have to try and find a way cause I really want to grow them.

Thing is we dont have a garden we can plant in directly in the soil. The garden consists of 2 terraces, one tiled and the other made with concrete with little rocks in it separated by a mid height wall. And I'm forbidden to approach the front lawn with my veggie seeds :rolleyes: parents!

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..