Open Club  ·  141 members  ·  Free

Headstall's Paddock

CoTT 2 House of Cards

Kitt

1 minute ago, Headstall said:

Hey, Terry. :hug: 

Hi Gary!:hug:I hope it has cooled down a bit for you.  Did you get the grass cut?  

• Like 2
  • Love 1

11 minutes ago, raven1 said:

Hi Gary!:hug:I hope it has cooled down a bit for you.  Did you get the grass cut?  

Hi, Terry. :hug:  It's the paddock so there is no rush. Still hot out, though not as bad as yesterday.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

37 minutes ago, clochette said:

It's not really vandalism. It's common, at least in France, to find those little rock towers, when hiking. When you pass by one you can add your piece to the edifice. Though it's usually on the side of the path (kinda a pain in the ass move to have put them all over the path :gikkle:)

Hi, Tink! :hug:  Yeah, I'm not sure how I feel about it. Obviously this is overkill, but these towers have been a way of communicating for thousands of years. I see a beauty in them, using what is right there to say Hi or Be Careful or This Way or even to feel like you've shared something with others. 

Yeah... like I said... I see beauty in that in some cases. :) 

• Like 3
  • Love 2

27 minutes ago, spike382 said:

Yeah it was maybe a year or two ago, I went to reread it and couldn’t find the story.  I went onto the forum and found out the author deleted his profile and took all his stories down.  Don’t know why exactly.  I’ve searched elsewhere, and even attempted to see if I could access on a way back version of GA, but to luck.

I remember that story. It was a good one. Hi, spikey! :hug: 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, clochette said:

It's not really vandalism. It's common, at least in France, to find those little rock towers, when hiking. When you pass by one you can add your piece to the edifice. Though it's usually on the side of the path (kinda a pain in the ass move to have put them all over the path :gikkle:)

The hell it isnt your so wrong this time Clo!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Headstall said:

Hi, Tink! :hug:  Yeah, I'm not sure how I feel about it. Obviously this is overkill, but these towers have been a way of communicating for thousands of years. I see a beauty in them, using what is right there to say Hi or Be Careful or This Way or even to feel like you've shared something with others. 

Yeah... like I said... I see beauty in that in some cases. :) 

Yeah if I saw one, even though I wouldn’t randomly build it myself, it probably wouldn’t bother me.  One built with a purpose, not at all.  But when they’re spread all over the forest floor and people are doing it for the sake of posting to Instagram, seems pretty disrespectful to the forest.

Not to make this a debate.  

1 hour ago, Headstall said:

I remember that story. It was a good one. Hi, spikey! :hug: 

You know what story I haven’t read in a while?  Morningstar…

That might make me want a sequel though… 0:)

• Like 1
  • Love 4

8 minutes ago, spike382 said:

Yeah if I saw one, even though I wouldn’t randomly build it myself, it probably wouldn’t bother me.  One built with a purpose, not at all.  But when they’re spread all over the forest floor and people are doing it for the sake of posting to Instagram, seems pretty disrespectful to the forest.

Not to make this a debate.  

You know what story I haven’t read in a while?  Morningstar…

That might make me want a sequel though… 0:)

Me too! How about Sidewinder also?  😇

• Like 1
  • Love 3

1 hour ago, spike382 said:

But when they’re spread all over the forest floor and people are doing it for the sake of posting to Instagram, seems pretty disrespectful to the forest.

For sure, if that's the reason behind it. I watch "Life Below Zero", and there was a guy who built one on a small mountain it took him most of the day to get to, and his reason was to let anyone who came up there know that someone had been there before. As far as he was concerned, he might have only been the only person to ever be there in a thousand years or more, and he used the rocks that were right at his feet. I would do something like that... that's what I was saying....

• Like 3
  • Love 2

First I would like to say why this is wrong

1. There is a trail so no marking is required other then to feed your Ego!
  2. How would you like to hike that trail hope you dont hurt yourself
  3. So you can travel this trail and see nature as it is ment to be seen!
Edited by Albert1434
  • Like 2
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, Albert1434 said:

First I would like to say why this is wrong

1. There is a trail so no marking is required other then to feed your Ego!
  2. How would you like to hike that trail hope you dont hurt yourself
  3. So you can travel this trail and see nature as it is ment to be see!

I think we all agree to those points.

This picture was ridiculous, there are no point in doing so in a trail like that. I just mentioned that sometimes in certain situations it's normal, acceptable even encouraged to built little stone towers. But never like in that picture. 

End of the debate on my part. 

• Like 2
  • Love 2

8 minutes ago, CassieQ said:

Not gonna lie...kind of glad I don't have this problem.  :P  

That of course prompted me to go look at your stories list, I haven't reread Geeks in a long time either.  

• Love 4

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..