Open Club  ·  141 members  ·  Free

Headstall's Paddock

CoTT 2 House of Cards

Kitt

1 hour ago, Albert1434 said:

Were hot hot hot here 99f/37c

Sweating Exhausted GIF - Sweating Exhausted Tired GIFs

Same here with over 38°C and tomorrow will be worse with over 40. I managed to keep a nice 26°C in the house.

Over 13000 hectares of pine forests have been burning along the west coast for a week and there are more fires in the south too :,(

• Wow 1
  • Sad 4

Still raining, so I did my walk on the elliptical. Not the same, but got my heart pumping pretty good. Still really warm outside despite the rain, but there is a nice breeze. :) 

• Love 5

Watched a movie on Amazon called "Chaos Walking"... it was different. It stars Tom Holland, and the concept is unique... my opinion is it is well worth watching. Apparently there is a series of books it's based on, so there might be more movies. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, CassieQ said:

I stopped because I knew if I had to wait for the next book, I would forget most of the plot and the fine details, because of my memory, so I would have to re-read them all anyways.  And they are not small books!

Hey, Cassie. :hug: There's a new LOTR series coming in September 2nd on Amazon. It's called "LOTR: The Rings of Power". It looks good. :) 

Eight episodes in the season.

Edited by Headstall
  • Like 1
  • Love 4

1 hour ago, CassieQ said:

I stopped because I knew if I had to wait for the next book, I would forget most of the plot and the fine details, because of my memory, so I would have to re-read them all anyways.  And they are not small books!

Yeah my favorite book series when I was a teenager was the Wheel of Time, and every book got longer and longer with more and more characters that all had similar names.  Eventually I gave up trying to remember anyone outside the original group and a small handful of others.

• Love 4

8 minutes ago, clochette said:

muscles aches

stiff neck

headache

fatigue

shivers 

high probability of fever 

sore throat 

light running nose with a few sputums

Yup, looks like your girl has covid... I did an auto test, the second line is only half the color of the testing one but it's really there... I'll do a PCR tomorrow to confirm :(

You take good care of yourself Clo no kissing:yes:

• Love 4

47 minutes ago, Albert1434 said:

Did any of you read "The Wizards First Rule" there are at least 8 or 9 Volumes so good!

I read the first chunk of novels back in high school, and right after.  I dove into quite a few of the 90s epic fantasies.  I remember enjoying the first one, and the 2nd even more.  After that I didn’t enjoy the 3rd one as much, can’t remember exactly why.  The 4th was very meh, and the 5th I absolutely hated.  Years later I tried to get back into it, but it just didn’t pull me in anymore. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, clochette said:

muscles aches

stiff neck

headache

fatigue

shivers 

high probability of fever 

sore throat 

light running nose with a few sputums

Yup, looks like your girl has covid... I did an auto test, the second line is only half the color of the testing one but it's really there... I'll do a PCR tomorrow to confirm :(

:hug: 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

25 minutes ago, Albert1434 said:

Terry Goodkind wrote the Wizards first Rule

Yeah, that is The Sword of Truth series. I read them, and I also watched the TV series called Legend Of The Seeker. It was pretty good... I wished it had of continued.

• Love 3

51 minutes ago, Albert1434 said:

I was a big fan of the wheel of time till the last two book. The Aurthor had died and his brother wrote the last two books which if I may say They Sucked!

It wasn’t his brother, it was just another author that was selected by his widow.  For me some parts of it worked some definitely did not.  Part of the issue is that it was hard to tell how much of the end story was the original author and how much was someone else filling in the blanks.

• Like 1
  • Love 3

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..