Open Club  ·  136 members  ·  Free

Headstall's Paddock

CoTT 2 House of Cards

9 minutes ago, Headstall said:

So... you and you brother don't fall far from the same tree. :P 

Dad jokes = bad jokes.  :gikkle:

10 minutes ago, clochette said:

And how do you think tree grow? :huh: They appear out of the blue, poof like when Albert uses his magic wand? :gikkle:

I think Gary is assuming (I did, too) that you planted the seeds directly in the ground. Most gardeners would start with a small flowerpot for propagation, then move to a gradually larger pot until it reaches a "mature" sapling stage.

Edited by Page Scrawler
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2
49 minutes ago, Page Scrawler said:

I think Gary is assuming (I did, too) that you planted the seeds directly in the ground. Most gardeners would start with a small flowerpot for propagation, then move to a gradually larger pot until it reaches a "mature" sapling stage.

I cut bottles of water in 2, put soil in the bottom parts, planted the seed in about 1cm and put the top of the bottle back on to keep the heat in. I'll keep the Bette time and move it to bigger pot as it grow

Edited by clochette
  • Like 4
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, Headstall said:

I remember Peter, Paul, and Mary doing it... :) 

They did sing the song but they weren't first 

Who sang Lemon Tree?

Lemon Tree (Will Holt song) Jump to navigation Jump to search. "Lemon Tree" is a folk song written by Will Holt in the late 1950s. The tune is based on the Brazilian folk song Meu limão, meu limoeiro, arranged by José Carlos Burle in 1937 and made popular by Brazilian singer Wilson Simonal.
  • Haha 3
2 minutes ago, Albert1434 said:

They did sing the song but they weren't first 

Who sang Lemon Tree?

Lemon Tree (Will Holt song) Jump to navigation Jump to search. "Lemon Tree" is a folk song written by Will Holt in the late 1950s. The tune is based on the Brazilian folk song Meu limão, meu limoeiro, arranged by José Carlos Burle in 1937 and made popular by Brazilian singer Wilson Simonal.

This says the song was based on a tune written by Wilson Simonal. Lemon tree wasn't written until the late fifties... and was first recorded by the Kingston Trio in 1960, but became a hit in 1962, by Peter, Paul and Mary. :) 

• Like 4
  • Site Administrator
20 minutes ago, Headstall said:

This says the song was based on a tune written by Wilson Simonal. Lemon tree wasn't written until the late fifties... and was first recorded by the Kingston Trio in 1960, but became a hit in 1962, by Peter, Paul and Mary. :) 

My mom recently had the chance to meet Peter Yarrow.  She said he's a really down-to-earth, nice guy.  :) 

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Site Administrator

Meet my newest herd member.  :wub:  I'm putting him in spoilers so I can trap anyone who tries to steal him.  😛  

Spoiler

Image may contain: 1 person, standing, beard and outdoor

• Love 3
  • Haha 1
  • Wow 1
4 minutes ago, Valkyrie said:

Meet my newest herd member.  :wub:  I'm putting him in spoilers so I can trap anyone who tries to steal him.  😛  

Reveal hidden contents

Image may contain: 1 person, standing, beard and outdoor

:o OoohOooh my! My! Where did you catch him?! :D

• Haha 5
2 hours ago, Page Scrawler said:

Well, it's TRUE! It's called being a realist.  -_-

Oh course it's true and being realistic is usually the best course. Sometimes though you've got to throw that all up in the air and dance to a joyfully wayward tune and look upon the possibilities with childlike wonder.

• Love 3
  • Haha 2

Oh.  :unsure:  I never heard of it.  :rofl:

It was popular long before you were born ... just a silly song about how sweet and pretty love can seem and yet sometimes bear bitter fruit.

Edited by dughlas
  • Like 3
  • Love 1

Sounds lovely. How about sending some of that warm air up north?  :)

I pointed towards Michigan and told the warmth to go north ... let me know when it gets there because eventually it will.

• Haha 5

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..