Open Club  ·  138 members  ·  Free

Headstall's Paddock

CoTT 2 House of Cards

Kitt

14 minutes ago, raven1 said:

Hey Page! :hug: I am happy you like it, but I have this thing about clowns and murderous dolls.  (Also zombies, chainsaw murderers and other soulless villains like Bridget in Circumnavigation.)  

How are you and the guys?  

I agree with you about zombies and chainsaw murderers. I could never get behind The Walking Dead, and The Texas Chainsaw Massacre was too violent for me. However, I'll happily put up with clowns and homicidal dolls for the gay characters.  :gikkle:

Max, Morgan and I are doing well, in other news. Max is settling into his classes at school, and Morgan is business as usual at Amical (A French restaurant in town, though not as good as Brasserie Amie, in my opinion.)

• Like 1
  • Love 4

23 minutes ago, raven1 said:

I bet Morgan appreciates your kitchen skills considering his occupation.  Is he aware of your traitorous opinion of his workplace? :gikkle:

We both work in food service, but I'm only part-time. Morgan works a little later than I do, but the pay is better. :) And yes, Morgan is aware of my stance regarding brunch (Br. Amie) vs lunch/dinner (Amical).  :rolleyes:

23 minutes ago, raven1 said:

How was Max's response to your talk about learning different dance forms other than ballet? 

I told Max if he wanted to try other dance styles, he'd have to be careful not to overburden his schedule. The ballet instructors might also think he's getting "distracted" or "not taking ballet seriously", which I've seen happen on some dance-parenting forums. He was a bit disappointed, but understands that he shouldn't spread himself too thin. For now, we're just going to continue with ballet. If he keeps asking, I'll reconsider the issue.  :)

Edited by Page Scrawler
  • Like 4
  • Love 1

27 minutes ago, Page Scrawler said:

We both work in food service, but I'm only part-time. Morgan works a little later than I do, but the pay is better. :) And yes, Morgan is aware of my stance regarding brunch (Br. Amie) vs lunch/dinner (Amical).  :rolleyes:

I told Max if he wanted to try other dance styles, he'd have to be careful not to overburden his schedule. The ballet instructors might also think he's getting "distracted" or "not taking ballet seriously", which I've seen happen on some dance-parenting forums. He was a bit disappointed, but understands that he shouldn't spread himself too thin. For now, we're just going to continue with ballet. If he keeps asking, I'll reconsider the issue.  :)

Good advice and I am glad you are flexible. Ballet is a great start for any dancer.  Other styles can wait while the basics are mastered.

• Love 4

8 hours ago, Albert1434 said:

Oh that's a good one you know you take after your sister:rofl:

How can I take after my sister, when she's the greedy one while I'm not? :P 

8 hours ago, raven1 said:

Definitely Siblings. 🤔 One moment they are fighting against each other, then they are fighting someone else to protect each other.  :fight: No holds barred. 

This is why nukes are good. :yes: 

8 hours ago, raven1 said:

Goodnight Drewbear!  Sorry that your no nukes initiative was suspended, but it was in a good cause.

Don't worry, I'll win the Nobel Peace Prize just for the effort. :P 

6 hours ago, clochette said:

Clement doesn't have the right to speak, he is banned from France, in Texas -_-

Texas doesn't want him either. -_- 

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, Drew Espinosa said:

The next episode of the Great British Bake Off drops on US Netflix tomorrow, and that episode is Mexican Week... :pinch: 

I'll have to check the Thai schedule and actually watch Netflix for the first time in a very long time.  I so want to know how to make mole sauce!  It is a key sauce for many of the foods I want to learn how to make.  Keeping my fingers crossed!

• Like 4
  • Love 1

9 hours ago, raven1 said:

Hi Gary! :hug: Stripping wallpaper is a messy, tedious job that I promised myself I would never do again.  I have purposely rejected any prospective home (for over 40 years) that has wallpaper. 

I had some time yesterday to read, so I decided to read Dirty Pool. I absolutely loved it!  I love your short stories and plan to read them all before Christmas.  I am also going to reread Endings again.  This time I will try to be more objective and not emotionally caught up in my own past problems.  It is your only novel I haven't reviewed, and I hope that I will be able to do so after the second read.  Take care buddy! 😊

:hug: 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..