Open Club  ·  136 members  ·  Free

Headstall's Paddock

CoTT 2 House of Cards

Kitt

3 minutes ago, Bucket1 said:

:yawn:

Getting a bit sleepy Bucket? :hug: Hope your day was good! 

:yawn: Dang, you got me doing it now. 😁

• Love 2
  • Haha 2

Hi Albert! :hug::kiss: I guess you won't have to worry about watering restrictions this year.  Those pictures show one hell of a lot of snow.  Hope you and Steve can dig out soon.  

• Like 3
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, raven1 said:

Hi Clo! :hug: How are you doing?  Haven't heard much about you Looping or the family lately.  Hope all is well with you.

Hey Mister T,

I'm ok, mostly lurking around as I'm drowning under school work. I have 2 papers to hand every weeks until the end of the month and some other things, plus some prep for my upcoming internship at the end of the month.

I'm also constantly exhausted so I just feel like hibernating under the duvet to forget all it all. But it's gonna be alright!

The weather was nice this afternoon so I opened the window for a moment and Looping really enjoyed it, looking at people and especially kids as it was pickup time at the nearby school. 

The family is doing OK too. I saw my brother last week when I was at my dad's and my SIL should be spending next week at my place as she'll have exams and there are risks of strikes in public transportation. 

How are you and Aod doing? Any plans for the weekend?

• Like 4
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, clochette said:

And here we're already under a drought yellow alert. It hasn't rained in over a month!

Local authorities have released a statement tonight about the current winter drought and the consequences for the upcoming seasons as February rainfall record was at 3,4 millimeters when it usually is of 46mm!

• Wow 4
2 hours ago, clochette said:

Local authorities have released a statement tonight about the current winter drought and the consequences for the upcoming seasons as February rainfall record was at 3,4 millimeters when it usually is of 46mm!

:hug:

what will it mean for your gardening?

Edited by Bucket1
  • Like 3
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, Bucket1 said:

:hug:

what will it mean for your gardening?

That's the question...

We'll still be allowed to water the vegetables garden but only between 8pm and 6am (which we already do anyway). At least we have a 300 liters water tank but last summer we had to used the water tap by the end of July/mid August. 

The worry is bigger at Grandma's as she can't water by hand and don't have any water tank (she only relies on rain and when we come on weekends). 

The real problem is for fields. Some farmers already have veggies suffering from the drought... meaning we around expect problems with the food supply chain and a big increase of prices (which have already increased a lot in the last year)

• Wow 3
  • Sad 2
16 hours ago, clochette said:

Hey Mister T,

I'm ok, mostly lurking around as I'm drowning under school work. I have 2 papers to hand every weeks until the end of the month and some other things, plus some prep for my upcoming internship at the end of the month.

I'm also constantly exhausted so I just feel like hibernating under the duvet to forget all it all. But it's gonna be alright!

The weather was nice this afternoon so I opened the window for a moment and Looping really enjoyed it, looking at people and especially kids as it was pickup time at the nearby school. 

The family is doing OK too. I saw my brother last week when I was at my dad's and my SIL should be spending next week at my place as she'll have exams and there are risks of strikes in public transportation. 

How are you and Aod doing? Any plans for the weekend?

I don't envy you the school work.  I remember how hard it can be to get things done according to someone else's schedule when getting my degrees in education.  Especially when there were several different, competing schedules.  I'm glad you're getting some better weather.  I don't mind the weather here, but the pollution is getting horrible.  Since it is a yearly occurrence, you'd think I'd get use to it. 🤪

Aod and I are going out tonight with friends, but the rest of the weekend we will probably get some chores done.  I do need to get a haircut, and maybe do my US tax returns for the year.  Monday we are going out for dinner with friends, and maybe explore interesting bars in the Old City area.  

• Love 4

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..